Asia Digital TV News
Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
May 25, 2023 – Singtel has announced results for its financial year ended 31 March 2023. Singtel finished the year with 322,000 residential TV customers, down 6,000 in the quarter and down 34,000 YoY.
News categories: Singtel, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
May 24, 2023 – According to GlobalData, pay-TV revenue in South Korea is set to grow at a CAGR of 0.2% from $5.55bn in 2022 to $5.6bn in 2027, primarily supported by increasing IPTV subscriptions.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
May 16, 2023 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Digital TV continued to consolidate its market position with a customer base of 15.9 million, down 37,000 in the quarter.
News categories: Airtel, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite
Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
May 23, 2023 – Astro has added WeTV, a streaming service from Tencent, to its Ultra Box. Astro customers can access the entertainment content by adding WeTV VIP to their Astro subscription.
News categories: Astro, WeTV, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
Multiplay service revenue in India to grow at 4.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
May 22, 2023 – Multiplay service revenue in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% between 2022 and 2027 in line with the rising adoption of service bundles, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
Skytel extends partnership with Mirada and EZDRM for its GO+ service
May 17, 2023 – After the successful implementation by Mirada and EZDRM of its OTT GO+ app in Mongolia, Skytel is working with the two companies to extend the GO+ service to more connected devices.
News categories: EZDRM, Mirada, Skytel, Olga Kornienko, José-Luis Vázquez, Apps, Digital TV, Mongolia, Streaming
MPA releases India online video report 2022-23
May 17, 2023 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has released a report, based on data from its AMPD platform, that provides insights on the growing online video industry in India over the calendar year 2022 and Q1 2023.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Chinese brands boost global TV shipments to pre-pandemic levels
May 16, 2023 – TrendForce has found that Chinese brands have pushed global TV shipments in 1Q23 to 43.37 million units. In 2Q23 shipments are expected to recover to pre-pandemic levels at 47.26 million units.
News categories: TrendForce, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tyroo to market LG Ads CTV solutions in Southeast Asia
May 16, 2023 – LG Ad Solutions has announced that it has signed up Tyroo as a reseller of its CTV native advertising formats in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
News categories: Tyroo, LG Ad Solutions, Siddharth Puri, Serge Matta, Advertising, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Thailand
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview