Asia Digital TV News
Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
Apr 8, 2021 – According to Dataxis, Disney+' deployments in Southern Asia are going strong. With approximately 30 million subscribers already (30% of all Disney+ subscribers worldwide), Disney has surpassed its own expectations.
News categories: Dataxis, Disney+, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
ABS-CBN channels go live on the Amagi CLOUDPORT platform
Apr 1, 2021 – Amagi has announced that ABS-CBN has partnered with Amagi to consolidate its operations in the cloud. In early February, seven channels from ABS-CBN went live on the Amagi CLOUDPORT platform.
News categories: Amagi, ABS-CBN, Srinivasan KA, Erwin Malimban, Content Distribution, Philippines
Samsung TV Plus launches in India
Mar 31, 2021 – Samsung has launch Samsung TV Plus in India, a service which offers consumers with Samsung Smart TVs free TV content, including ad-supported live channels and on-demand videos, with no additional device such as a set top box.
News categories: Samsung, Reshma Prasad Virmani, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
ATSC and TSDSI cooperate on broadcasting standards for mobile
Mar 29, 2021 – ATSC and TSDSI have signed an agreement to enable adoption of ATSC standards for broadcast services on mobiles, in a first step towards the development of next generation broadcasting standards for India.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, TSDSI, Lynn Claudy, Madeleine Noland, N G Subramaniam, Pamela Kumar, ATSC 3, Digital TV, India, Mobile
Cinemo and iQIYI bring online video entertainment to cars
Mar 29, 2021 – Cinemo has announced a collaboration with iQIYI to deliver premium VOD content to the car. iQIYI has worked with Cinemo to enhance in-car entertainment on Faurecia Xiamen IVI platforms, powering FAW Hongqi sedans.
News categories: Cinemo, iQIYI, Charly Lippoth, China, Digital TV, In-Car, OTT
Media and Entertainment in India to reach ₹2.23 trillion by 2023
Mar 26, 2021 – The Indian Media and Entertainment (M&E) sector is expected to grow by 25% in 2021 to reach ₹1.73 trillion (US$23.7 billion) according to a FICCI-EY report. The sector is expected to reach ₹2.23 trillion (US$30.6 billion) by 2023.
News categories: FICCI, EY, Dilip Chenoy, Ashish Pherwani, Digital TV, India, Market Research
OTT competition to hinder traditional pay TV growth in Hong Kong
Mar 26, 2021 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a very sluggish CAGR of 0.7% between 2020 and 2025, primarily due to intense competition from pure play OTT video streaming service platforms such as Viu.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research
Surge in OTT video pulling down pay TV revenues in Singapore
Mar 22, 2021 – Between 2020 and 2025, the surge in OTT video service adoption in Singapore will pull down pay TV revenues by 1.45% CAGR, and will reduce household penetration by more than five percentage points, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sree Venkatesh, Digital TV, Market Research, Singapore
Asia Pacific OTT revenues to climb by 90%
Mar 22, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues in the Asia Pacific region will reach $54 billion in 2026; up by 90% from the $29 billion recorded in 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV