Oceania (Australasia, Melanesia, Micronesia, Polynesia) Digital TV News
Sky New Zealand launches Sky Box created with Wyplay
Apr 13, 2023 – Sky NZ has launched a new Sky Box developed with Wyplay. Its features include 4K video support, a personalized user experience, streaming app integration, multi-recording, voice remote, and more.
News categories: Wyplay, Sky New Zealand, Jacques Bourgninaud, Sophie Moloney, Android TV, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
MySatGo taps Interra Systems for linear and OTT service monitoring
Mar 30, 2023 – Interra Systems has announced that MySatGo is using its ORION suite to monitor its linear and OTT services across all locations to ensure audio-video quality while receiving reports for its live and VOD channels.
News categories: Interra Systems, MySatGo, Anupama Anantharaman, Imad Alawawdeh, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Middle-East, QoE
Foxtel reports subscriber highlights for quarter ending December 31, 2022
Feb 9, 2023 – News Corp has released subscriber highlights for the Foxtel Group. Total streaming subscribers reached 2.758 million (2.678 million paid), up 25% Y-o-Y. Foxtel residential broadcast subscribers declined to 1.401 million.
News categories: News Corp, Foxtel, Robert Thomson, Susan Panuccio, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
Australian survey finds 39% of respondents may be consuming content unlawfully
Feb 10, 2023 – Research conducted in Australia for the Attorney-General's Department has revealed that 61% of respondents consumed content lawfully, while 39% consumed at least some content in ways that were likely to be unlawful.
News categories: Attorney-General's Department, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research
Australia consults on prioritising local TV services on connected TV devices
Dec 23, 2022 – The significant uptake of Smart TVs and other connected devices in Australia demonstrates the challenge that exists for Australian TV services. Establishing a prominence framework will ensure that local TV services and content can be easily found.
News categories: Australian Government, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, UX
Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
Dec 1, 2022 – Imagine Communications has announced that Seven Network has selected its Landmark Sales ad management platform and GamePlan dynamic ad placement engine and yield optimizer for linear TV.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Seven West Media, Joe Khodeir, Kurt Burnette, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV
TCL Roku TV models coming to Australia
Nov 3, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that TCL Roku TV models will be coming to Australia. Starting in early November, Australian consumers can purchase 4K UHD TCL Roku TV models in 55" or 65" screen sizes.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Arthur van Rest, Australia, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS
7plus to add FAST channels, ad innovation and personalisation in 2023
Oct 25, 2022 – Seven Network is to launch more FAST channels on 7plus in 2023. 7plus uses AWS Media Elemental MediaTailor to generate virtual live-streaming channels and Amazon Personalize for content recommendations and personalisation.
News categories: Seven West Media, AWS, Gereurd Roberts, Nicole Bence, Advertising, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
SVOD revenue in Australia to grow at an 8.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
Oct 26, 2022 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Australia is expected to increase from $2.2 billion in 2022 to $3.4 billion in 2027, driven by growth in subscriptions and unique households along with a steady rise in ARPU.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media