Oceania (Australasia, Melanesia, Micronesia, Polynesia) Digital TV News
Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
Jun 8, 2021 – Intertrust and Sky New Zealand have announced that Sky New Zealand will use Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to help protect Sky New Zealand’s Sky Go, an OTT video service.
News categories: Intertrust, Sky New Zealand, Ali Hodjat, Jonny Errington, Digital TV, DRM, New Zealand, TV Everywhere
Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
May 10, 2021 – Switch Media has announced that it has won the contract with Solomon Telekom (STCL) to provide an online streaming service for its free-to-air television network, Telekom Television (TTV).
News categories: Switch Media, Telekom Television, Luke Durham, Robertson Szetu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Melanesia, OTT
Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
May 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand has announced that its streaming service, Paramount+, will launch in Australia on August 11, 2021. Priced at $8.99 per month, subscribers will have access to more than 20,000 episodes and movies.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
Switch Media provides technology for Freeview Australia HbbTV service
Apr 29, 2021 – Switch Media has announced that it has delivered Freeview Australia's new integrated HbbTV service. The new gateway provides viewers with a sophisticated and seamless integration between broadcast and VOD services.
News categories: Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Matt Moran, Bridget Fair, Apps, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
Apr 12, 2021 – Freeview Australia has launched its free enhanced HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) service, providing Australians with a more seamless integration between broadcast and on-demand BVOD services.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Helen Clifton, Bridget Fair, David Anderson, James Taylor, James Warburton, Mike Sneesby, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
Mar 3, 2021 – Pay TV revenue in Australia is set to decline at a CAGR of 2.6% from $2.4bn in 2020 to $2.1bn in 2025 due to a continued drop in Cable TV and DTH subscriptions and revenue, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
Feb 25, 2021 – At the Future of TV Advertising Sydney forum, OzTAM CEO Doug Peiffer has shared top line test data from Virtual Australia (VOZ), the new all-screen, cross-platform Total TV planning and reporting database.
News categories: OzTAM, Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
Feb 24, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has expanded its TV measurement footprint to Australia with Samba TV. The new connected TV (CTV) measurement solution, launched last year in Europe, has now reached this key market in the APAC region.
News categories: Comscore, Samba TV, Bill Livek, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV
8.6 million Australians now watching BVOD
Jan 28, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows 8.6 million Australians now watch BVOD services which include ABC iView, SBS On Demand, 7plus, 9Now and 10 Play. All five leading services have grown strongly during 2020.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud