Oceania (Australasia, Melanesia, Micronesia, Polynesia) Digital TV News
Australia’s SVOD revenue to reach $3.2bn in 2026
Dec 17, 2021 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Australia is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% from $1.9bn in 2021 to $3.2bn in 2026, driven by growth in subscriptions and unique households, and a steady rise in average monthly revenue per unique household.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Freeview NZ to sunset On Demand service by late 2022
Dec 14, 2021 – Freeview NZ is to end Freeview On Demand by late 2022. The service is offered as an addition to Live TV on Smart TVs and STBs. The content will still be available on-demand, just accessed on broadcasters’ own apps or websites.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX
rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
Dec 8, 2021 – rlaxx TV continues its global expansion with the launch of an app for iOS and iPadOS devices. The achievement is part of the goal to be available on almost every internet- and video-enabled device by the end of the year.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Australia, Brazil, Digital TV, Europe, New Zealand, Smartphone, Tablet, Turkey
CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
Nov 22, 2021 – CommScope has been selected by Foxtel to provide its iQ5 streaming set top box. Through the iQ5, viewers can access streaming apps from Foxtel including Netflix, YouTube, ABC iView, SBS On Demand, Amazon Prime, Vevo, and coming soon, Paramount+ and 10Play.
News categories: CommScope, Foxtel, Phil Cardy, Nick Dandy, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Sky New Zealand announces Android TV STB development partners
Nov 17, 2021 – Sky New Zealand has announced partners for the development of its new Android TV-based Sky Box, due for deployment by the middle of 2022. Sky has selected Wyplay, Irdeto and Kaonmedia to provide components of the box's software and hardware.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Wyplay, Kaonmedia, Irdeto, Sophie Moloney, Jacques Bourgninaud, John Chung Yoon, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sky New Zealand selects Irdeto as security partner
Nov 18, 2021 – Irdeto has been selected by Sky New Zealand to become the security partner for its next generation Android set-top box, Sky Box. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA is the core security technology that will protect Sky’s content.
News categories: Irdeto, Sky New Zealand, Doug Lowther, Sophie Moloney, Android TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Peloton introduces 'Peloton Guide' TV fitness device
Nov 9, 2021 – Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON) has announced its first connected strength product, Peloton Guide. The AI-enabled device connects to televisions, providing Members with access to a suite of expert Instructors and the Peloton content library.
News categories: Peloton, Tom Cortese, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
Oct 21, 2021 – The Foxtel Group has announced agreements with ViacomCBS to provide movies, TV series and channels, along with integration of the Paramount+ and 10 Play apps onto Foxtel STBs in 2022 for Australia.
News categories: Foxtel, ViacomCBS, Patrick Delany, Amanda Laing, Dan Cohen, Jarrod Villani, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
Oct 13, 2021 – TVSquared has released a report providing a view on converged TV, based on a survey of ad buyers in the U.S., UK, Germany and Australia. The report also analyzes billions of ad impressions from TVSquared’s platform to uncover insights.
News categories: TVSquared, Jo Kinsella, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope