Malaysia Digital TV News
ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
Mar 23, 2023 – Astro has added ZEE5 and Viu to its Ultra and Ulti Boxes, bringing in more global entertainment to customers' homes and devices, and expanding the number of streaming apps on the platform to ten.
News categories: Astro, ZEE5, Viu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Astro Ulti Box gains four more streaming apps
Dec 21, 2022 – Astro has added the iQIYI, TVBAnywhere+, beIN SPORTS CONNECT and BBC Player apps to its Ulti Box so customers can stream more sporting events, Asian entertainment, British programs, local favourites and anime on their TV.
News categories: Astro, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
Malaysia SVOD penetration to reach 38% in 2026
Oct 27, 2022 – The household penetration of SVOD services in Malaysia is expected to increase from 17% in 2021 to 38% in 2026, driven by a considerable rise in the adoption of OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Streaming
Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
Oct 5, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Astro Malaysia has gone live with Synamedia Clarissa to gain a deeper understanding about how business decisions impact viewer behaviour and content consumption, with the goal of boosting engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro Malaysia, Paul Segre, Euan Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
Aug 18, 2022 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced the addition of CTV measurement to its Video Metrix Multi-Platform product, including YouTube traffic sharing measurement, for Indonesia and Malaysia.
News categories: Comscore, Google, Joris Goossens, Roopa Dhawan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Streaming
Astro selects Kaltura to power its standalone streaming service offering
Dec 21, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) has announced that Astro has chosen the Kaltura TV Platform to power sooka, its new streaming service targeted at millennials. sooka went live in June across Malaysia and is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Astro, AWS, Nuno Sanches, Euan Smith, Sameer Vuyyuru, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
Dec 1, 2021 – Astro Malaysia and Synamedia have launched the first addressable TV advertising service in SE Asia. Advertisers will be able to show different ads to different households while they are watching the same program, based on data including location and demographics.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Paul Segre, Euan Smith, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV