Malaysia Digital TV News
Malaysia completes switch to digital TV with Sofia Digital
Dec 18, 2019 – Sofia Digital has announced that MYTV Broadcasting, the company sanctioned by the government to build and operate the DTT infrastructure for analogue switch-off in Malaysia, is equipped with Sofia Digital’s DVB headend technology.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MYTV Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
MEASAT selects Arianespace for launch of MEASAT-3d
Nov 21, 2019 – Arianespace and MEASAT have announced the signature of a launch services contract for MEASAT-3d. MEASAT-3d will support 4G and 5G mobile networks in Malaysia while continuing to provide distribution capacity for video in the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: Arianespace, MEASAT, Stéphane Israël, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite
Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
Nov 13, 2019 – Astro Malaysia has announced its Astro Ultra Box. The Ultra experience includes 4K UHD, Cloud Recording, a new user interface, improved content recommendations, play from start functions and the ability to record multiple shows at the same time.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
Nov 6, 2019 – Maxis has launched Maxis TV, a video entertainment service that offers premium video content that is affordable and flexible for everyone. VOD passes start from RM3/day bundled with data and include content choices that cover all the favourites.
News categories: Maxis, Navin Manian, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Netflix launches low-cost mobile plan for Malaysia
Oct 23, 2019 – Netflix has announced the launch of a new mobile plan for Malaysia. At RM17/month (~$4), members will be able to watch all of Netflix’s content—with no interruptions or ads—in standard definition (SD) on one smartphone or tablet at a time.
News categories: Netflix, Ajay Arora, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
Oct 9, 2019 – Terrestrial analogue TV broadcast in the northern and eastern regions of Peninsular Malaysia will be completely switched-off on the night of 14 October 2019. With this, the entire Peninsular Malaysia will have switched over fully to digital TV transmission.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, myFreeview, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
23% of Malaysian online consumers use illicit streaming devices
Sep 3, 2019 – A study has revealed that 23% of Malaysian consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access hundreds of pirated TV channels and VOD content, usually with a low annual subscription fee.
News categories: AVIA, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
DTH and IPTV subscriptions to drive pay TV growth in Malaysia
Aug 30, 2019 – Supported by rising adoption of mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV services, the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Malaysia is poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2% between 2018 and 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research
Malaysia to convert to digital TV broadcasting in stages
Aug 6, 2019 – Malaysia's transition from analogue to digital TV broadcast will be implemented in stages, the country's Minister of Communications and Multimedia has said. Langkawi is the first location to receive myFreeview digital TV in place of analogue TV transmission.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service