Indonesia Digital TV News
Chinese streaming platforms taking over SE Asian markets
Aug 25, 2020 – The Southeast Asian streaming industry has seen considerable changes this last year as Chinese streaming services have been taking over a large part of viewers and investing in local content, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Myanmar, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Viu top major video streaming platform in Southeast Asia
Jun 15, 2020 – Viu (SEHK:0008), with more than 41 million monthly active users, has announced findings from a report covering Q1 2020 from AMPD Research, a subsidiary of Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Viu, AMPD Research, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
AirConsole and XL Home turn Android TVs into Gaming Consoles
Jun 5, 2020 – XL Axiata will distribute AirConsole's online video game console for casual games to its XL Home customer base in Indonesia. AirConsole is a cloud based video game console accessible using a computer or smart TV.
News categories: AirConsole, XL Axiata, Anthony Cliquot, Abhijit Navalekar, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Indonesia, Smart TV
LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
May 20, 2020 – LG has announced that, as part of expanding its TV business, its Cibitung facility in Indonesia will become the company’s new regional hub, taking over two of the six production lines currently running in Gumi, South Korea.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, Indonesia, Smart TV, Worldwide
iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
Mar 25, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) is rolling-out Testing Stations to provide data on the experience of its service on different devices and networks. The first started in Singapore at the end of 2019. Similar stations are planned for Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia.
News categories: iQIYI, Ye Tao, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, QoE, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
Mar 23, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific pay TV sector is the most vibrant in the world, with the number of subscribers expected to grow by 45 million over the next five years while revenues increase by $1.40 billion.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, China, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Market Research
Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
Feb 25, 2020 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that Mola.tv, one of Indonesia’s largest OTT services, is secured by the Verimatrix Multi-DRM solution. Hosted via the Verimatrix Secure Cloud, with a SaaS model, Verimatrix Multi-DRM protects live and VOD content streamed by Mola.tv.
News categories: Verimatrix, Mola.tv, Asaf Ashkenazi, Argi Karunia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Indonesia, OTT
Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
Jan 16, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Insight TV has transitioned its three newly launched OTT channels – Insight TV Lifestyle, InWonder, and InTrouble to the Amagi cloud platform. The channels are available in the US, UK, Spain and Indonesia.
News categories: Amagi, Insight TV, Srini, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Spain, UK, USA
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0