Indonesia Digital TV News
Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
Jan 16, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Insight TV has transitioned its three newly launched OTT channels – Insight TV Lifestyle, InWonder, and InTrouble to the Amagi cloud platform. The channels are available in the US, UK, Spain and Indonesia.
News categories: Amagi, Insight TV, Srini, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Spain, UK, USA
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
WeTek helps Intek and Transvision to deploy Android TV in Indonesia
Sep 2, 2019 – WeTek has announced a successful partnership with Intek and Transvision, helping both companies deliver an Android TV solution in Indonesia. The project included the design of the company’s newest set-top box line.
News categories: WeTek, Intek, Transvision, Hugo Condesa, Shine Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Linius signs commercial deal with SportsHero
Jul 1, 2019 – Linius Technologies (ASX:LNU) has signed an agreement with SportsHero (ASX:SHO) under which SportsHero will use Linius technology in its SportsHero app and through its 'white label' solutions, including the 'Kita Garuda' football app.
News categories: Linius Technologies, SportsHero, Hemisphere, Chris Richardson, Tom Lapping, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Indonesia
HOOQ selects Brightcove to power live and on-demand video streaming
Jun 23, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that HOOQ has selected the Brightcove Video Platform as the underlying streaming solution to power its live and video-on-demand service to subscribers across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India.
News categories: Brightcove, HOOQ, Sara Larsen, Michael Fleishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
iflix and Indonesia's MNC announce content partnership
May 3, 2019 – iflix has entered into a partnership with Indonesia’s largest integrated media company, MNC (PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk). The strategic partnership will significantly enhance iflix content programming mix and further strengthen its Indonesian local content strategy.
News categories: iflix, MNC, Mark Britt, David Fernando Audy, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
NAGRA and PT LinkNet extend content protection to hybrid Android TV service
Apr 23, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that PT LinkNet has selected NAGRA Protect cardless content protection technology to secure its hybrid broadcast and Android TV-based OTT service in Indonesia.
News categories: NAGRA, PT LinkNet, Stephane Le Dreau, Desmond POON, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Set Top Box
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019