Indonesia Digital TV News
WeTek helps Intek and Transvision to deploy Android TV in Indonesia
Sep 2, 2019 – WeTek has announced a successful partnership with Intek and Transvision, helping both companies deliver an Android TV solution in Indonesia. The project included the design of the company’s newest set-top box line.
News categories: WeTek, Intek, Transvision, Hugo Condesa, Shine Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Linius signs commercial deal with SportsHero
Jul 1, 2019 – Linius Technologies (ASX:LNU) has signed an agreement with SportsHero (ASX:SHO) under which SportsHero will use Linius technology in its SportsHero app and through its 'white label' solutions, including the 'Kita Garuda' football app.
News categories: Linius Technologies, SportsHero, Hemisphere, Chris Richardson, Tom Lapping, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Indonesia
HOOQ selects Brightcove to power live and on-demand video streaming
Jun 23, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that HOOQ has selected the Brightcove Video Platform as the underlying streaming solution to power its live and video-on-demand service to subscribers across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India.
News categories: Brightcove, HOOQ, Sara Larsen, Michael Fleishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
iflix and Indonesia's MNC announce content partnership
May 3, 2019 – iflix has entered into a partnership with Indonesia’s largest integrated media company, MNC (PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk). The strategic partnership will significantly enhance iflix content programming mix and further strengthen its Indonesian local content strategy.
News categories: iflix, MNC, Mark Britt, David Fernando Audy, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
NAGRA and PT LinkNet extend content protection to hybrid Android TV service
Apr 23, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that PT LinkNet has selected NAGRA Protect cardless content protection technology to secure its hybrid broadcast and Android TV-based OTT service in Indonesia.
News categories: NAGRA, PT LinkNet, Stephane Le Dreau, Desmond POON, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Set Top Box
iflix app to be available on Foxxum-enabled devices in emerging markets
Apr 13, 2019 – Foxxum has announced a partnership with iflix. As part of the deal, the iflix app will be made available on Foxxum-enabled devices in key markets including Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines. The deal will deliver iflix content to millions of connected devices.
News categories: Foxxum, iflix, Ronny Lutzi, Goncalo Carvalho, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, OTT, Philippines, Smart TV
29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
Mar 21, 2019 – In a study of online viewing behaviour of Indonesian consumers, it was revealed that 29% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access pirated TV channels and VOD content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Roy Soetanto, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan