Indonesia Digital TV News
coocaa introduces Coolita OS Smart TV operating system
Sep 1, 2021 – coocaa has launched Coolita OS, the brand's self-developed smart TV operating system (OS). Initially available in SE Asian markets, the OS delivers a lighter, smoother, and more convenient user experience.
News categories: coocaa, Raul Hua, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Middleware, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
MEASAT-3 unable to re-enter service
Aug 6, 2021 – MEASAT will retire its MEASAT-3 satellite after an anomaly on 21 June 2021. The incident resulted in a complete outage of service and the satellite could not re-enter service. The satellite will be de-orbited in the following weeks.
News categories: MEASAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Satellite
Telkom Indonesia's Gamestream-powered GameQoo added to Sharp Android TVs
Aug 3, 2021 – Telkom Indonesia's GameQoo, which uses Gamestream’s cloud technology and games catalogue, has joined with Sharp to make its catalogue of cloud games available on all Sharp Android Smart TVs for Indonesia.
News categories: Gamestream, Telkom Indonesia, GameQoo, Ivan Lebeau, E. Kurniawan, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Indonesia, Smart TV
OMG and mediasmart bring programmatic and CTV ads to Indonesia
Aug 2, 2021 – Omnicom Media Group Indonesia has announced a partnership with mediasmart to bring mediasmart's programmatic and Connected TV (CTV) advertising offering to its clients in Indonesia.
News categories: mediasmart, Omnicom Media Group, Noelia Amoedo, Rajat Basra, Advertising, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
Mola TV streams UEFA Euro 2020 in UHD HDR with Harmonic
Jul 9, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Mola TV is using Harmonic's VOS 360 cloud streaming SaaS for live UHD HDR streaming of UEFA Euro 2020 football matches in Indonesia.
News categories: Harmonic, Mola TV, Tony Berthaud, CP Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
Jun 17, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Mola has deployed its advanced CDN, BkM100 video delivery manager, and BkS400 HTTP video cache servers to optimize the delivery of ABR live sports streaming content.
News categories: Broadpeak, Mola, Jacques Le Mancq, Ching Ping Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
DTH, IPTV to drive pay TV revenue in Indonesia
Jun 1, 2021 – Pay-TV service revenue in Indonesia is set to grow from $497m in 2020 to $633m in 2025, at a CAGR of 5%, mainly supported by the growing DTH and IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
Apr 14, 2021 – Mola TV is using Viaccess-Orca's Secure Video Player to deliver English Premier League (EPL) matches in Indonesia. The player supports client-side ad insertion, maximizing monetization opportunities for Mola TV.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Mola TV, Dokyung Lee, Ching Ping Lee, Advertising, Digital TV, Indonesia, Media Player, Streaming
First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
Oct 29, 2020 – Amlogic and TVSTORM have announced that First Media's new 4K set-top box (STB), powered by Amlogic's S905X2 SoC and TVSTORM's Widevine CAS based head-end, is the world's first Android TV STB secured by Google Widevine CAS.
News categories: TVSTORM, Amlogic, PT Link Net, Widevine, Hoyeon Jang, James Xie, Edward Sanusi, Brian Baker, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product