Singapore Digital TV News
Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
Sep 17, 2021 – Panasonic has confirmed that Disney+ is now available on 4K Panasonic TVs, released from 2017 onwards, that feature its My Home Screen OS. On compatible TVs the Disney+ app icon will become visible in the Application view.
News categories: Panasonic, Disney+, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, New Zealand, Singapore, Smart TV, Streaming
Singtel TV subscribers down 4,000 in 2Q 2021
Aug 12, 2021 – Singtel has provided an update for the quarter ended 30 June 2021. Singtel finished the quarter with 371,000 pay TV subscribers, down 4,000 versus the end of the previous quarter.
News categories: Singtel, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
StarHub pay TV subscribers down 10,000 in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Starhub has reported results for the period ended 30 June 2021. As of 30 June 2021, Pay TV subscribers stood at 296,000 after the quarter’s net churn of 10,000 subscribers.
News categories: StarHub, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
Surge in OTT video pulling down pay TV revenues in Singapore
Mar 22, 2021 – Between 2020 and 2025, the surge in OTT video service adoption in Singapore will pull down pay TV revenues by 1.45% CAGR, and will reduce household penetration by more than five percentage points, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sree Venkatesh, Digital TV, Market Research, Singapore
Singapore multiplay service revenue to show 7% CAGR
Mar 17, 2021 – A steady rise in penetration and spending are set to drive multiplay service revenue in Singapore at a CAGR of 7% from US$1.09bn in 2020 to US$1.53bn in 2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Broadband, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Singapore
StarHub to distribute Disney+ in Singapore
Jan 7, 2021 – StarHub has announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with The Walt Disney Company to become the official distributor of Disney+ in Singapore via StarHub’s TV, mobile and broadband offerings.
News categories: StarHub, Disney, Johan Buse, Amit Malhotra, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore, Streaming
Falling IPTV subscriptions to affect pay TV revenues in Singapore
Dec 23, 2020 – Pay TV service revenues in Singapore will decline at a CAGR of 1.4% over 2020-2025 due to falling IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData. Pay TV household penetration is also expected to decline.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Singapore
Broadpeak powers StarHub TV+ in Singapore
Dec 9, 2020 – Broadpeak has announced that it is powering StarHub TV+, a converged IPTV and OTT TV service offered by StarHub. StarHub is using a complete CDN, content packaging, storage, and origination solution from Broadpeak.
News categories: Broadpeak, StarHub, Jacques Le Mancq, Ong Bee Lian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Singapore, Streaming
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil