Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
Nov 17, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 120,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2020, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 945,000 in 3Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
Nov 17, 2020 – According to research from Kagan, the number of households in the U.S. subscribing to a package of live, linear networks made gains in the third quarter behind surging popularity for virtual multichannel packages.
News categories: S&P Global, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
Top five SVOD platforms to have 678 million subscribers by 2025
Nov 16, 2020 – Digital TV Research expects five global platforms to have 678 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2025. Disney+ will add 112 million subscribers between 2020 and 2025 to take its total to 194 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
DISH Network adds 116,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2020
Nov 6, 2020 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2020. Net pay-TV subscribers increased 116,000 in the quarter, compared to an increase of 148,000 in the year-ago quarter.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Liberty Global reports Q3 2020 results
Nov 4, 2020 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced Q3 2020 results. The company gained video subscribers in Ireland and Poland, and saw losses in the UK, Belgium, Switzerland and Slovakia - a reduction of 57,300 overall.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, IPTV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Charter residential video customers up 53,000 in 3Q 2020
Oct 30, 2020 – Charter Communications has reported results to September 30, 2020. Residential video customers increased by 53,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.7 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 273,000 in 3Q 2020
Oct 29, 2020 – Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2020. Total video customer net losses were 273,000. NBCUniversal's recently launched Peacock has 22 million sign-ups to date.
News categories: Comcast, Brian L. Roberts, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
Oct 22, 2020 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2020. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 627 thousand in the quarter. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers were up 229,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
African SVOD subscribers to more than quadruple
Oct 1, 2020 – Africa will have 12.96 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025, up from 2.75 million at end-2019, according to Digital TV Research. Of the 10 million additions, South Africa will supply 3 million and Nigeria 2.1 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5