Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
Apr 15, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, Western Europe will have 234 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from 137 million at end-2020. Despite losing market share, Netflix will remain the largest SVOD platform.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Five million fewer pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe in 2026
Mar 26, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, Eastern Europe will lose nearly 5 million pay TV subscribers between 2020 and 2026 to take the total to 78.18 million. The number of digital pay TV subscribers will however continue to increase.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Pay TV subscriptions continue to grow in Asia-Pacific
Mar 15, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific will have 630 million pay TV subscribers by 2026, up from 609 million at end-2020. The number of TV households will grow by 54 million to 979 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Subscribers
Disney+ passes 100 million subscriber milestone
Mar 9, 2021 – Disney+ has surpassed 100 million global paid subscribers in just 16 months. Since its U.S. launch in November 2019, Disney+ has added Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Singapore.
News categories: Walt Disney, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
500,000 UK subscribers for Britbox
Mar 9, 2021 – BritBox UK has announced that it has hit its target of half a million subscriptions. The SVOD service, created by the BBC and ITV with content also from Channel 4 and Channel 5, launched at the end of 2019.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, UK
Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
Mar 8, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, Latin America will have 116 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026; up from the 53 million at end-2020. Brazil will contribute 44 million to the 2026 total, followed by Mexico with 29 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, Subscribers
U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
Mar 4, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 5,120,000 net video subscribers in 2020, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 4,795,000 in 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
Feb 25, 2021 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2020. At the end of 2020 the company's video segment had 3,412,627 subscribers, up 51 thousand in the final quarter.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
Feb 23, 2021 – The number of pay TV subscribers in Canada and the U.S. will fall by 43 million from 116 million in 2010 to 74 million in 2026, according to Digital TV Research. Declines are expected to be lower from 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020