Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 23, 2020 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2019. Over the quarter, at Cable Communications total video customer net losses were 149,000, while at Sky total customer relationships increased by 77,000 to 24.0 million.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
Jan 21, 2020 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its fourth-quarter 2019 financial results by posting them to its website. Global paid net additions totaled 8.8m in Q4. During the quarter, the company surpassed 100 million paid memberships outside the US.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Greg Peters, Ted Sarandos, Spence Neumann, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
Jan 14, 2020 – South Korea’s IPTV revenue is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% for the period 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. The country's IPTV service revenue is expected to reach US$3.8bn with a subscriber base of 19.26 million in 2024.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Subscribers
African SVOD revenues to sextuple
Jan 13, 2020 – Digital TV Research forecasts 9.72 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025, up from 2.68 million at end-2019. South Africa (3.24 million by 2025) will remain the subscription leader, with Nigeria (2.14 million) in second place.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 100,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 10, 2020 – GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL) has announced results for its third quarter and nine months ended on December 31, 2019. Digital CATV paying subscribers at period-end stood at 7.35 million, up by 100,000 in the quarter.
News categories: GTPL Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Africa to gain 17 million pay TV subs
Jan 6, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, Africa will have 47.26 million pay TV subscribers by 2025, up from 30.70 million at end-2019. Nigeria will contribute 10 million subscribers by 2025 – having overtaken South Africa in 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 14, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. The Company added 42 thousand subscribers at a net level during the period. The total net subscriber base finished at 23.94 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
Nov 14, 2019 – Kagan, a TMT research group within S&P Global Market Intelligence, estimates that traditional multichannel subscribers in the U.S. fell by nearly 1.9 million in the three months ended Sept. 30, a 25% spike from the previous largest drop in the second quarter of 2019.
News categories: S&P Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 13, 2019 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. – representing about 93% of the market – lost about 1,740,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2019, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service