Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
Jan 26, 2023 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2022. In the quarter, Cable video customer net losses were 440,000, whereas at Sky total customer relationships grew by 129,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
Jan 24, 2023 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported fourth-quarter 2022 results. Consumer reported 56,000 Fios Internet net additions and 80,000 Fios Video net losses in the quarter.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
DISH Network loses 957,000 net pay TV subscribers in 2022
Jan 17, 2023 – As part of a debt offering announcement, DISH Network has released preliminary estimated operating metrics for year-end 2022. The company finished 2022 with 9.75 million Pay-TV subscribers, down 957,000 year-on-year.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Africa pay TV to grow to 57 million subscribers by 2028
Jan 9, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, 16 million pay TV subscribers will be added in Africa between 2022 and 2028 to take the total to 57 million. Subscriber numbers will climb faster than revenues indicating that subscribers will pay less.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Subscribers
Roku celebrates 70 million active accounts
Jan 5, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its global active accounts now exceed 70 million, up from 60.1 million in Q4 2021. Streaming hours were 23.9 billion in Q4 and 87.4 billion for full year 2022, a 19% increase Y-o-Y.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Portugal pay-TV subscribers up 3.1% Y-o-Y in 3Q 2022
Jan 6, 2023 – According to Anacom, in the 3rd quarter of 2022 4.5 million people in Portugal were pay-TV subscribers, 134 thousand (3.1%) more than in the same period of 2021. MEO held the highest share at 41%.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Over four million SVOD subscriptions in Denmark
Dec 13, 2022 – According to Mediavision analysis of the Danish TV and streaming market, the number of paid subscriptions in Denmark now exceeds four million, with more than half a million new subscriptions being added in the past 12 months.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers
Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
Dec 7, 2022 – Frndly TV has announced that the service has topped the 700,000 subscriber mark. Frndly TV has had subscriber growth of around 40% over the past year after reaching 500,000 subscribers in November 2021.
News categories: Frndly TV, Bassil El-Khatib, Michael McKenna, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
Dec 5, 2022 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) estimates that 1.0 million net new subscribers will be added in Asia Pacific ex-China over 2022-27, driven by India and parts of South and SE Asia, partially offset by contraction in all other regions.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution