Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
Nov 27, 2023 – Digital TV Research expects global SVOD subscriptions to increase by 321 million between 2023 and 2029 to reach 1.79 billion. The US will add 30 million, Brazil 23 million and India 27 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 465,000 subscribers in 3Q 2023
Nov 14, 2023 – Leichtman Research Grouphas found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 465,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2023, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 385,000 in 3Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 64,000 in 3Q 2023
Nov 6, 2023 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2023. Net pay-TV subscribers decreased 64,000 in the quarter, compared to an increase of 30,000 in the year-ago quarter.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Charter residential video customers down 320,000 in 3Q 2023
Oct 27, 2023 – Charter Communications has reported results for the period ended September 30, 2023. Residential video customers decreased by 320,000 in the quarter, finishing the period at 13.8 million.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Megacable video subscribers up 43,000 in 3Q 2023
Oct 27, 2023 – Megacable (BMV: MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2023. The company's Video Segment ended with 3,888,886 subscribers, up 43,000 (1.1%) in the quarter and up 297,000 (8.3%) YoY.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Barb releases Q3 2023 UK SVOD subscriptions data
Oct 26, 2023 – Barb has released data from its Establishment Survey showing that 19.3m UK homes (67.3%) had access to an SVOD service in Q3 2023, up from 18.8m (65.9%) that had access in Q2 2023.
News categories: Barb, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Comcast cable video subscribers down 490,000 in 3Q 2023
Oct 26, 2023 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2023. Domestic video customer net losses were 490,000. Peacock paid grew to 28 million, up 4 million in the quarter.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Airtel Xstream Play achieves 5 million subscriber milestone
Oct 20, 2023 – Bharti Airtel's video streaming service, Airtel Xstream Play, has crossed the five million paid subscriber mark and continues to be the fastest growing OTT aggregator in India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Subscribers
Netflix reports third quarter 2023 results
Oct 18, 2023 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced third quarter 2023 results. Revenue in Q3'23 grew 8% YoY, reflecting a 9% YoY increase in average paid memberships (8.8M paid net additions vs. 2.4M in Q3'22).
News categories: Netflix, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023