OTT (Over-the-top, P2P, PC-TV, Internet TV, online video, IP Video) News
Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
May 5, 2021 – Beachfront has completed an addressable TV ad execution with VIZIO adhering to the technical specifications of Open Addressable Ready (OAR). The execution used Beachfront’s Unified Decisioning product.
News categories: Beachfront, VIZIO, Frank Sinton, Adam Gaynor, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
May 4, 2021 – According to IAB's 'Video Ad Spend 2020 and Outlook for 2021' report, digital video advertising growth continues. Connected TV (CTV) continues to outpace other formats and shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: IAB, Eric John, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
May 4, 2021 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Studio Mojo has selected Brightcove to power Koode. Koode helps the Malayali community around the world discover content from their homeland without geographical restrictions.
News categories: Brightcove, Studio Mojo, Subhashish Gupta, Radhakrishnan Ramachandran, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
May 3, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) is working with LiveRamp to enhance its addressable advertising capability. LiveRamp's products include privacy-safe subscriber file matching, viewership, and measurement with Data+Math.
News categories: fuboTV, LiveRamp, Diana Horowitz, Pamela Duckworth, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
Apr 29, 2021 – Verizon Media and VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) have announced a cross-platform and connected TV (CTV) advertising partnership. Verizon Media gains DSP access to VIZIO's Inscape viewership data from more than 18M opted-in VIZIO Smart TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Verizon Media, Mike O’Donnell, Iván Markman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming
Apr 29, 2021 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) has expanded its IBM Watson Advertising Accelerator with the aim of using AI to dynamically optimize OTT ads for improved campaign outcomes, not dependent on traditional advertising identifiers.
News categories: IBM, Xandr, David Olesnevich, Doug Hurd, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT
Conviva releases Q1 2021 State of Streaming report
Apr 29, 2021 – According to a report from Conviva, global streaming viewing time grew 36% during Q1. While North America saw solid 18% Y-o-Y growth in viewing, the true streaming explosion occurred internationally.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Comcast cable video subscribers down 491,000 in 1Q 2021
Apr 29, 2021 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2021. Video customer net losses were 491,000. Peacock has 42 million sign-ups in the U.S. Sky customer relationships grew by 221,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Disney+ global expansion built on AWS infrastructure
Apr 29, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has unveiled that The Walt Disney Company is using AWS for the global rollout of Disney+. Using AWS infrastructure, Disney+ has been able to rapidly expand to 59 countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, The Walt Disney Company, Carla Stratfold, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
- Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
- Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
- Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
- Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
- IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming