Streaming (Over-the-top, OTT, P2P, PC-TV, Internet TV, online video, IP Video) News
Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Dec 8, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has launched in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, following the launch of the service in France on December 1st, completing a year of global expansion with the service now live in 45 markets.
News categories: Paramount+, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
Dec 8, 2022 – According to Mediavision, there are around 17 million SVOD subscriptions on the Nordic market. A little over four million of those subscriptions could be converted into cheaper subscriptions with advertising.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
Dec 7, 2022 – Frndly TV has announced that the service has topped the 700,000 subscriber mark. Frndly TV has had subscriber growth of around 40% over the past year after reaching 500,000 subscribers in November 2021.
News categories: Frndly TV, Bassil El-Khatib, Michael McKenna, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
Dec 7, 2022 – Pixalate has released the November 2022 edition of its CTV Ad Fraud Series, highlighting unique forms of invalid traffic (IVT), inclusive of 'ad fraud', in the programmatic Connected TV (CTV) advertising marketplace.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
Dec 7, 2022 – Pixalate has released its Q3 2022 Seller Trust Indexes, providing programmatic advertising quality ratings. Pixalate also provides rankings for each seller's estimated market share.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Mobile, North America, Streaming
SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
Dec 6, 2022 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has been selected by FOX Sports Mexico to power their next generation streaming service. SeaChange's StreamVid streaming enablement platform will support FOX Sports Mexico’s deployment.
News categories: SeaChange, FOX Sports Mexico, Chris Klimmer, Israel Gomez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming
JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
Dec 7, 2022 – Cisco and Qwilt have announced a partnership with Japan Internet Exchange (JPIX) to improve delivery of live streaming, VOD, and media applications across Japan using Qwilt's open caching technology.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, JPIX, J-Stream, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Ryosuke Yamazoe, Mayumi Hayasaka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
Dec 6, 2022 – Irdeto has announce that Irdeto Control has been implemented to secure the OTT platform of TF1. The integration was completed for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, one of the most watched sports events in the world.
News categories: Irdeto, TF1, Richard Frankland, Thierry Bonhomme, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming
Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
Nov 22, 2022 – Vidio's live sports, Prime Video's SE Asia push and robust demand for Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar and Viu have contributed to a rebound across premium video subscribers and viewership in Q3 2022, according to MPA.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM