OTT (Over-the-top, P2P, PC-TV, Internet TV, online video, IP Video) News
Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
Sep 13, 2019 – Amlogic has partnered with Vewd to pre-integrate Vewd OS on chipsets designed for streaming media players, STBs and connected home devices. The partnership reduces CapEx and time-to-market for manufacturers selecting Amlogic silicon, while giving access to the Vewd OS feature set.
News categories: Vewd, Amlogic, Aneesh Rajaram, James Xie, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand
Sep 13, 2019 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products, application development and integration services to one of the biggest Thai operators, True, for the launch of its True ID TV OTT service.
News categories: iWedia, True Corp, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand, UX
Anevia completes OTT platform expansion with COLSECOR in Argentina
Sep 12, 2019 – Anevia has announced the completion of an OTT platform expansion for COLSECOR in Argentina. The expanded system will increase the capacity of COLSECOR’s Sensa platform which currently offers its subscribers more than 80 live OTT channels.
News categories: Anevia, COLSECOR, Grégory Samson, Miguel Factor, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Gracenote launches video ID distribution system
Sep 12, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) is launching a Video ID Distribution System enabling creators and owners of media programming to more easily distribute their movies, TV shows, short-form videos and other related content to OTT services, smart device manufacturers, and cable and satellite TV providers.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
Conviva launches Content Insights
Sep 12, 2019 – Conviva has announced the launch of Conviva Content Insights. The industry now has a way to understand the consumption patterns of streaming viewers across time, locations, content, apps and devices.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Robert Jones, Christine Weber, David Baron, Nick Grimwood, Brett Sappington, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Comscore aligns CTV audience segments with IAB Tech Lab guidelines
Sep 11, 2019 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it has joined with Adobe, Google and Oracle Data Cloud to introduce privacy-focused connected TV (CTV) audience segments that align with Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Tech Lab guidelines.
News categories: Comscore, Adobe, Google, Oracle, IAB Tech Lab, Rachel Gantz, Keith Eadie, Deepti Bhatnagar, Veronica Ahern, Dennis Buchheim, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
V-Nova partners with Simplestream for Pan-African streaming service MVMO
Sep 11, 2019 – V-Nova is the key enabler for a streaming service, MVMO, due to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service will combine the V-Nova P+ codec-agnostic enhancement with Simplestream's streaming platform to deliver content throughout the continent.
News categories: V-Nova, Simplestream, Creative Africa Exchange, Guido Meardi, Dan Finch, Sandra Iyawa, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Imagine taps AWS to power OTT Monetization Service
Sep 11, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced that core functionality from its Targeted Delivery portfolio is now available as OTT Monetization Service, powered by AWS. Imagine is collaborating with MOBITV to incorporate content monetization.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Amazon Web Services, MOBITV, David Heppe, Khawaja Shams, Bill Routt, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, USA, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics selected by Deutsche Telekom
Sep 11, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics is being deployed by Deutsche Telekom for personalized content discovery on its pay-TV and OTT services. First to go live, in July 2019, was Croatia Telecom on its OTT-TV service. Roll-outs in further countries are planned.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Deutsche Telekom, Simon McGrath, Marc Schwarze, Big Data, Croatia, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, UX
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
- NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
- ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
- Telenor deploys pay TV system from ADB
- EBU and Eurofins Digital Testing partner on UHDTV standards and logo
- XroadMedia brings personalisation and recommendations to Stoneroos products
- Eutelsat selected by Orby TV for new U.S. DTH satellite service
- Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
- Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
- Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
- iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand