Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
Aug 5, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q2 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses were at 41,900 in the quarter. Liberty has received a non-binding offer from Iliad to acquire 100% of UPC Poland.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
Aug 4, 2021 – Claro Colombia has selected the NAGRA OpenTV Video Platform to power its Claro Box TV. The Android TV-based STB enables Claro Colombia’s clients to enjoy advanced services including VOD, start-over, catch-up TV, cloud DVR and remote control voice assist.
News categories: NAGRA, Claro Colombia, Xavier Fustagueras, Walter Borda, Android TV, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021. Cable video customer net losses were 399,000 in the quarter. At Sky, Total Customer Relationships decreased by 248,000 to 23.2 million.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, USA
Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
Aug 3, 2021 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2021. Residential quarterly video net losses were 48k in Q2 2021 compared to 35k video net losses in Q2 2020.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
Aug 3, 2021 – Total Play Telecomunicaciones, S.A. de C.V., provider of triple play services in Mexico, has announced its Q2 2021 results. The company finished the quarter with 1,933,880 video RGUs, up 48% compared to one year earlier.
News categories: Total Play, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
Aug 3, 2021 – The pay TV market in China is set to decline at a CAGR of 0.5% from $32.9bn in 2020 to $32.1bn in 2025, due to the growing preference for OTT video streaming services and falling pay TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research
German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
Aug 3, 2021 – The market for pay TV and paid video ion Germany continues to show highly-dynamic growth according to VAUNET. Revenues generated by pay TV und paid VoD reached a total volume of 4.2 billion euros in 2020.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Hannes Heyelmann, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
Jul 27, 2021 – Acxiom has announced a partnership with Totalplay in Mexico. The partnership combines Totalplay’s addressable demand-side platform (DSP) with Acxiom’s ethically sourced, privacy-compliant audience data segments.
News categories: Acxiom, Totalplay, Ben Peck, Hector Pita, Esteban Renaud, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico
Megacable video subscribers up 21,000 in 2Q 2021
Jul 22, 2021 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the second quarter of 2021. The Video segment maintained its growth trend, reaching 3,457,531 subscribers at the end of 2Q21, an increase of 196 thousand, or 6.0%, compared to 2Q20.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico