Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
U.S. TV usage rose again in October
Nov 17, 2022 – According to Nielsen, time spent watching TV in the U.S. climbed for the second consecutive month in October. The 2.2% monthly increase in TV consumption was underpinned by a nearly 10% jump in broadcast viewing compared to September.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 785,000 subscribers in 3Q 2022
Nov 14, 2022 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 785,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2022, compared to a pro forma net loss of 650,000 in 3Q 2021.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Quickplay integrates Vionlabs-powered media descriptors
Nov 2, 2022 – Quickplay and Vionlabs have announced a technology integration that uses AI-based analysis of video files to increase viewer engagement and satisfaction, as well as ad monetization by OTT providers.
News categories: Vionlabs, Quickplay, Marcus Bergström, Naveen Narayanan, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Paramount+ to debut on Virgin TV in 2023
Nov 2, 2022 – Paramount+ will debut on Virgin TV in 2023. Full app integration on Virgin's set-top boxes will offer customers the opportunity to access exclusive originals, films, and TV series from Paramount's brands and production studio.
News categories: Paramount, Virgin Media, Sarah Rose, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UK
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 82,400 in 3Q 2022
Nov 2, 2022 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Altice finished with 2,491,800 residential video RGUs, down 82,400 in the quarter, compared to a loss of 67,500 in Q3 2021.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, Worldwide
Liberty Global reports Q3 2022 results
Nov 1, 2022 – Liberty Global has announced Q3 2022 results. In Q3, the company delivered aggregate broadband and postpaid mobile growth of 186,000 new subscribers, supported mostly by broadband subscriber gains in the U.K. and positive postpaid trends across all its core FMC markets.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Charter residential video customers down 211,000 in 3Q 2022
Oct 28, 2022 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2022. Residential video customers decreased by 211,000 in the third quarter of 2022, finishing the period at 14.6 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 561,000 in 3Q 2022
Oct 27, 2022 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2022. In the quarter, Cable video customer net losses were 561,000, whereas at Sky total customer relationships grew by 320,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Megacable video subscribers up 49,000 in 3Q 2022
Oct 27, 2022 – Megacable (BMV: MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2022. The Video Segment reached 3,592,188 subscribers at the end of 3Q22, an increase of 76 thousand or 2.2% versus 3Q21.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire