Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
Western European pay TV revenues to fall by $5 billion
Mar 13, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, Western European pay TV revenues will decline by nearly $5 billion between 2022 and 2028 to $22 billion – down by 18%.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost nearly 6 million subscribers in 2022
Mar 3, 2023 – Leichtman Research (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 5,880,000 net video subscribers in 2022, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 4,700,000 in 2021.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Deutsche Telekom TV subscribers up 51,000 in Germany in 4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – Deutsche Telekom has published results for the fourth quarter of 2022. In Germany the MagentaTV customer base grew by 51,000 in the final quarter. In the rest of Europe, TV customers increased Y-o-Y by 112,000 to 4.1 million.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 52,800 in 4Q 2022
Feb 22, 2023 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the period ended December 31, 2022. Quarterly Residential video net losses were -53k in Q4 2022, compared to -71k video net losses in Q4 2021.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Megacable video subscribers up 83,000 in 4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – Megacable (BMV: MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2022 and full-year 2022. The company's Video Segment ended with 3,675,615 subscribers, up 83,000 versus the previous quarter.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Android TV adopted as preferred platform for Vodafone TV in Europe
Feb 21, 2023 – Vodafone has announced plans to expand its European collaboration with Google. As part of the agreement, Android TV will be adopted as the preferred platform for Vodafone's TV offer in nine countries.
News categories: Vodafone, Google, Aldo Bisio, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Set Top Box
U.S. TV usage up again in January
Feb 16, 2023 – Nielsen's January 2023 TV usage summary, from its monthly snapshot of total TV and streaming consumption in the U.S., has revealed that overall viewing was up 1.3% compared to December 2022.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Telenor adds edge QAM device management from Teleste
Feb 16, 2023 – Telenor has selected Teleste to manage its edge QAM devices. The operator was already using Teleste's headend as an edge QAM platform, and the new software now helps it manage the devices remotely.
News categories: Teleste, Telenor, Thomas Nordh, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Sweden
i-CABLE Communications surrenders Hong Kong pay TV licence
Feb 14, 2023 – i-CABLE Communications (Stock Code: 1097) has announced that its subsidiary, Hong Kong Cable Television, has surrendered its pay TV licence. The Group will continue to provide free TV programme services and other businesses as usual.
News categories: i-CABLE Communications, TSANG On Yip, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Regulation
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update
- Innovative Systems renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Publica joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
- SpringServe joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
- EZDRM brings studio-approved DRM to WebRTC