Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
Jun 15, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that it has signed an agreement with the NCTC, giving NCTC members the opportunity to continue to receive the MobiTV IPTV service, now owned and operated by TiVo.
News categories: Xperi, NCTC, Jeffrey Glahn, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
Jun 15, 2021 – SES has announced that it will continue delivering Comcast Technology Solutions' Managed Satellite Distribution service that currently reaches hundreds of MVDP systems across the U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Comcast Technology Solutions, Steve Collar, Allison Olien, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
Jun 10, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Megacable is using Broadpeak's CDN and multicast ABR to optimize the delivery of its Xview+ streaming service, including live, VOD, time-shift TV, catch-up and premium TV.
News categories: Broadpeak, Megacable, Jacques Le Mancq, Gerardo Seifert, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, QoE, Set Top Box
Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
Jun 10, 2021 – Gigared has chosen Appear to help deliver HD content to more subscribers across the country. Gigared has deployed Appear’s mux X20 and XC5000 ISDB-T modulator at its central headend.
News categories: Appear, Gigared, Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen, Juan Ramon Garcia Bish, Argentina, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T
Eltrona selects IPTV solution from ocilion
Jun 7, 2021 – Luxembourg's Eltrona has selected an IPTV solution from ocilion. Its customers can now enjoy functions such as replay TV, VOD and recording. The solution includes transmitter packages, 4K STBs, and first and second screen apps.
News categories: ocilion, Eltrona, Hans Kühberger, Paul Denzle, Dr. Nico Binsfeld, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg, Set Top Box
605 expands viewership data agreement with Charter
Jun 2, 2021 – 605 and Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) have agreed to extend their viewership data licensing agreement to 2031. Charter will purchase a wider portfolio of 605 products and services on an annual basis.
News categories: 605, Charter Communications, Kristin Dolan, Tom Montemagno, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
DTH, IPTV to drive pay TV revenue in Indonesia
Jun 1, 2021 – Pay-TV service revenue in Indonesia is set to grow from $497m in 2020 to $633m in 2025, at a CAGR of 5%, mainly supported by the growing DTH and IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Telenet implements UI image optimisation with Media Distillery
May 25, 2021 – Media Distillery has announced that Telenet has deployed Media Distillery's technology to enhance the TV browsing and content discovery experience for its 1.8 million cable TV subscribers.
News categories: Media Distillery, Telenet, Roland Sars, Ivor Micallef, Colin Dixon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
CMA gives regulatory approval for Virgin Media, O2 combination
May 20, 2021 – The UK’s Competition & Markets Authority (CMA) has announced its final approval of the 50:50 joint venture between Liberty Global and Telefonica to combine Virgin Media and O2. The transaction is now expected to close by June 1, 2021.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, Mike Fries, José Maria Alvarez-Pallete, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, UK
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics