Latin America Digital TV News
SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
Sep 20, 2022 – SeaChange has expanded its services to Grupo TVCable in Ecuador to include the streaming of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. The SeaChange platform will support bringing games to viewers through Grupo TVCable's Xtrim streaming service.
News categories: SeaChange, Grupo TVCable, Chris Klimmer, Daniel Coronel, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ecuador, TV Everywhere
LG replaces legacy Smart TV ACR with own proprietary solution
Sep 15, 2022 – LG Ads Solutions has announced the rollout of its proprietary ACR technology across LG TVs globally. The rollout will replace legacy technology across Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Australia.
News categories: LG Ads, LG Electronics, Raghu Kodige, Chris Jo, Advertising, Africa, Asia, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Smart TV
Alpha Networks and Container Media announce OTT platform partnership
Sep 9, 2022 – Container Media has allied with Alpha Networks to expand the reach of its OTT video platform. Container Media will benefit of Alpha Networks’ experience in the pay-TV and entertainment industries to allow it to address new regions, starting with the Americas.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Box Brazil Group, Container Media, Guillaume Devezeaux, Cícero Aragon, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming
DIRECTV GO expands streaming service with Harmonic
Sep 9, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that DIRECTV GO is streaming more than 100 linear channels with its VOS®360 cloud SaaS platform. The platform speeds up the creation of linear channels, live events and streams for direct delivery to consumers.
News categories: Harmonic, Vrio, Diego Scillama, Evandro Heleno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Latin America, Streaming
Nuevo Siglo adopts Android TV DVB-C dongle from TiViCon
Sep 5, 2022 – Nuevo Siglo has adopted the TiViCon DVB-Cable TV Dongle for Android TV Devices for its cable network and subscribers across Uruguay. The dongle comes integrated with highest level of content security / CAS.
News categories: TiViCon, Nuevo Siglo, Eric Myoung, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Uruguay
Latin America SVOD revenues to grow to $8.54 billion by 2027
Aug 25, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Latin American SVOD revenues will reach $8.54 billion by 2027, up from $5.01 billion in 2021. Netflix will account for 41% of the 2027 total, down from 72% in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Wurl to power Canela Media FAST Channels in U.S. and Latin America
Aug 23, 2022 – Wurl has announced an agreement with Canela Media to provide additional Spanish-language content to their platform. Canela Media focuses their content offerings on the Latin American and U.S. Hispanic markets, boasting 22 million unique users.
News categories: Wurl, Canela Media, Sean Doherty, Jr, Isabel Rafferty Zavala, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
MainConcept and Fraunhofer show VVC with MPEG-H Audio for SBTVD TV 3.0
Aug 18, 2022 – MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS have collaborated on digital video and audio technology. At SET Expo in Brazil, the two companies have prepared demonstrations combining VVC video and MPEG-H Audio, adhering to the SBTVD TV 3.0 Standard.
News categories: MainConcept, Fraunhofer IIS, Thomas Kramer, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Roku introduces three more Roku TV partners in Mexico
Aug 18, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of new Roku TV brands in Mexico, from Aiwa, Daewoo, and Sansui. This builds on the Roku TV offering currently available in the country.
News categories: Roku, Arthur Van Rest, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader