Latin America Digital TV News
Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
Jul 27, 2021 – Magnite has begun a collaboration with NetMovies that allows Magnite to manage the placement of ads within the entire catalog of ad-supported independent films, series and videos offered by NetMovies.
News categories: Magnite, NetMovies, Rafael Pallarés, Marcelo Spinasse Nunes, Advertising, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT
Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
Jul 27, 2021 – Acxiom has announced a partnership with Totalplay in Mexico. The partnership combines Totalplay’s addressable demand-side platform (DSP) with Acxiom’s ethically sourced, privacy-compliant audience data segments.
News categories: Acxiom, Totalplay, Ben Peck, Hector Pita, Esteban Renaud, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico
AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
Jul 26, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for 2Q 2021. Global HBO Max and HBO subscribers grew by 3.6 million. Total U.S. premium TV connections were down 473,000 in the quarter. Vrio in Latin America lost 239,000 subscribers.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
Jul 23, 2021 – Wyplay has announced that it is powering SKY Connect, the 4K Android TV DVR, recently launched by SKY Brasil, building on the work done for the launch of Linux STBs for SKY Brasil and DIRECTV Latin America in 2016.
News categories: Wyplay, SKY Brasil, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
Jul 22, 2021 – Grupo Werthein and AT&T (NYSE:T) have announced that Grupo Werthein has reached an agreement to acquire AT&T's Vrio Corp. business unit. Grupo Werthein has agreed to acquire 100% of the equity in Vrio.
News categories: AT&T, Grupo Werthein, Vrio Corp, Lori Lee, Dario Werthein, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, OTT, Satellite
TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
Jul 21, 2021 – Caracol TV has selected the TheViewPoint's video ad monetization platform. Caracol TV owns Canal Caracol, aired in Colombia, and Caracol Internacional that broadcasts in the Americas, as well as in Spain and the Caribbean.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Caracol TV, Keren Pass, Advertising, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, OTT, Spain
SKY Brasil deploys Technicolor Android TV STBs with Google Assistant far-field voice
Jul 15, 2021 – Technicolor and SKY Brasil have announced the deployment of SKY Connect, a set-top box (STB) that integrates Google Assistant far-field voice technology for entertainment content navigation on the TV.
News categories: Technicolor, SKY Brasil, Brian Jentz, Andre Ribeiro, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HBO Max rolls out in Latin America and the Caribbean
Jul 2, 2021 – HBO Max is rolling out in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the streaming platform’s first launch outside of the U.S. and kicking off its global expansion.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
Jun 22, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has started shipping voice-enabled remote controls to Claro Colombia. The Android TV remote is powered by UEI's chip technology with Bluetooth Low Energy and Infrared control capabilities.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Claro, Steve Gutman, Rodrigo de Gusmao, Android TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership