Latin America Digital TV News
Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
Nov 20, 2023 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has selected the ATSC 3.0 physical layer as one of two technologies to advance from Phase 3 lab testing to Phase 3 field testing.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
SeaChange powers Univer Video's relaunched OTT service
Nov 14, 2023 – SeaChange (OTCPK: SEAC) and Univer Video have announced the relaunch of Univer's global streaming service with SeaChange's streaming enablement platform, StreamVid.
News categories: SeaChange, Univer Video, Justin Murphy, Paulo Cezar Mendes, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Pixalate releases Q3 2023 CTV SSP market share reports
Nov 6, 2023 – Pixalate has released its Q3 2023 CTV Supply Side Platform (SSP) Market Share Reports for Apple TV, Roku, Samsung TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Streaming
Amagi and AD Digital support launch of TV Aparecida FAST channel
Nov 7, 2023 – Amagi has announced that TV Aparecida has launched its first FAST channel with the support of Amagi's infrastructure and AD Digital's expert system integration services.
News categories: Amagi, AD Digital, TV Aparecida, Ronaldo Dias, Daniela Souza, Hugo Nascimento, Milene Marques, Tassiana Moreira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Casablanca Online chooses PlayBox Neo media management and playout
Nov 6, 2023 – Casablanca Online has chosen PlayBox Neo's broadcast media management and playout servers and software to control scheduling, dynamic ad insertion and automated playout for a new HD TV channel in Brazil.
News categories: PlayBox Neo, Casablanca Online, Sonya Chakarova, Alex Pimentel, Manoel Rocha, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
FOX Sports Mexico and SeaChange show live sport with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
Oct 31, 2023 – SeaChange, with FOX Sports Mexico and Dolby Labs, is showing live sports on the FOX Sports Mexico streaming app, enhanced with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive sound, at Nextv Miami.
News categories: SeaChange, FOX Sports, Dolby, Apps, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming, UX
Megacable video subscribers up 43,000 in 3Q 2023
Oct 27, 2023 – Megacable (BMV: MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2023. The company's Video Segment ended with 3,888,886 subscribers, up 43,000 (1.1%) in the quarter and up 297,000 (8.3%) YoY.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
RVT deploys Netflix Self-Serve Android TV STB from ZTE
Oct 20, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and Brazil RVT have put ZTE's B866V2FA Netflix Self-Serve Android TV set-top box (STB) into commercial operation. The box is based on an Amlogic quad-core 64-bit chip.
News categories: ZTE, sim.digital, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Vivaro chooses Appear encoding for 2023 Pan American Games
Oct 19, 2023 – Vivaro Media has chosen Appear to support its 2023 Pan American Games live contribution. Vivaro has deployed Appear's X Platform to encode 10 live HD channels during the competition.
News categories: Appear, Vivaro, Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen, Carlos Jurado, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024