Latin America Digital TV News
Liberty Latin America organic Video RGUs up 1,900 in 1Q 2023
May 8, 2023 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended March 31, 2023. LLA's Video RGBs increased organically by 1,900 in the quarter to finish at 952,500.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Megacable video subscribers up 86,000 in 1Q 2023
Apr 27, 2023 – Megacable (BMV: MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the first quarter of 2023. The company's Video Segment ended with 3,761,912 subscribers, up 86,000 (2.3%) in the quarter and up 220,000 (6.2%) YoY.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
EUTELSAT 117° West A to deliver FOX Sports content to Mexico
Apr 18, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has signed a multi-year agreement with FOX Sports Mexico to distribute its channels across Mexico via Eutelsat’s EUTELSAT 117 West A satellite.
News categories: Eutelsat, FOX Sports, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Israel Gómez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
Hispasat selects Enensys to monitor OTT video distribution platform
Apr 13, 2023 – ENENSYS has announced that Hispasat has selected TestTree StreamProbe OTT and TestTree EdgeProbe Advanced Satellite to supervise WAVE OTT PLUS, its white-label video distribution service.
News categories: ENENSYS, Hispasat, Bruno Tariant, Marco Antonio Rodriguez Flores, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, QoE, Streaming
Mirada and Broadpeak partner to boost video experience at izzitv
Apr 13, 2023 – Mirada and Broadpeak have worked with izzi Telekom to replace izzitv's origin servers, taking their content delivery to the next level with a bespoke on-premises solution for their video platform.
News categories: Mirada, Broadpeak, izzi, José-Luis Vázquez, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
RecordTV signs C-band distribution deal with Eutelsat
Apr 12, 2023 – RecordTV has taken capacity on EUTELSAT 65 West A for the migration of 15 HD channels to C-band frequencies that avoid interference generated from the rollout of 5G in Brazil.
News categories: Eutelsat, RecordTV, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Geraldo Marques, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
LTN powers live soccer streaming at scale for TelevisaUnivision
Apr 11, 2023 – TelevisaUnivision is using LTN's fully managed production service to deliver live sports events for its streaming service, ViX, available across the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: LTN, TelevisaUnivision, Malik Khan, Olek Loewenstein, Digital TV, Latin America, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Pixalate releases February 2023 CTV device market share report
Apr 7, 2023 – Pixalate has released its February 2023 CTV Device Global Market Share Report. The report reveals the top CTV devices across key regions based on the share of open programmatic ad traffic.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Asia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
CalaTelevision to launch CalaWeather channel with PlayBox Neo
Apr 6, 2023 – CalaTelevision will add a new cloud-based playout system for its CalaWeather channel – Cloud2TV from PlayBox Neo. CalaWeather provides weather for the Caribbean and Central America.
News categories: PlayBox Neo, CalaTelevision, Caribbean, Central America, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.