Latin America Digital TV News
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
Jan 25, 2023 – Millicom International Cellular has confirmed that a potential acquisition of all outstanding shares in Millicom is being discussed with Apollo Global Management and Claure Group.
News categories: Millicom, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA
Netflix taps Nielsen for global audience insights
Jan 18, 2023 – Nielsen has announced an expansion of its relationship with Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX), which includes a multi-year agreement to provide linear and streaming audience data across the U.S., Mexico and Poland.
News categories: Nielsen, Netflix, Kim Gilberti, Pablo Perez De Rosso, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mexico, Poland, Streaming, USA
Foxxum reveals first partners for Foxxum OS 4
Jan 4, 2023 – Foxxum has announced that El Araby, Grupo Kayve, TCL MOKA, Konka and Punktal are the first to integrate its Foxxum OS 4 on their smart TV devices. Foxxum will demonstrate OS 4 at CES 2023 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Foxxum, Ronny Lutzi, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, Uruguay
TVCoins develops FAST app for Bethel Televisión
Dec 28, 2022 – TVCoins was selected by Bethel Televisión to carry out the development and re-launch of Bethel Plus, a Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platform. Bethel Plus is now available to download on iOS, Android, and Roku devices.
News categories: TVCoins, Bethel Televisión, Gustavo Marra, Miguel Ángel Ángeles, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Netflix signs up for Kantar audience measurement in Brazil
Dec 13, 2022 – Netflix has signed-up as a subscriber to Kantar's audience measurement data service in Brazil. Netflix will have access to a cross-platform view of its performance alongside linear and on-demand networks and platforms.
News categories: Kantar, Netflix, Antonio Wanderley, Pablo Perez De Rosso, Big Data, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
Dec 7, 2022 – Pixalate has released its Q3 2022 Seller Trust Indexes, providing programmatic advertising quality ratings. Pixalate also provides rankings for each seller's estimated market share.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Mobile, North America, Streaming
SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
Dec 6, 2022 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has been selected by FOX Sports Mexico to power their next generation streaming service. SeaChange's StreamVid streaming enablement platform will support FOX Sports Mexico’s deployment.
News categories: SeaChange, FOX Sports Mexico, Chris Klimmer, Israel Gomez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming
ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
Dec 5, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that it has assisted América Móvil in the migration of Claro TV set-tops from AOSP to Android TV. The solution has been deployed in multiple countries in Latin America.
News categories: ZTE, América Móvil, Mariano Dizeo, Android TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023