Latin America Digital TV News
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Walmart and Roku launch Smart TV lineup in Mexico
Dec 23, 2019 – Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) have announced the launch of an Atvio Roku TV lineup of smart TVs, exclusively available in Walmart stores in Mexico. Models will include a 32" HD screen, and a 50" and 55" UHD screen.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Arthur van Rest, Jesús Enrique Guzman Güereca, Digital TV, Licensing, Mexico, Middleware, Smart TV
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Argentina's SYT launches multi-tenant OTT TV platform with mediaClass
Nov 22, 2019 – Servicios y Telecomunicaciones (SYT) has chosen the mediaClass OTT TV Everywhere solution as the core of its Rocstar TV Everywhere platform. Customised mediaClass software is integrated into servers at SYT’s headquarters in Buenos Aires.
News categories: mediaClass, Servicios y Telecomunicaciones, Manelli Hosseini, Ariel Graizer, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
Nov 11, 2019 – Beenius has signed a reseller agreement with TVC Communications (TVC) to sell products in the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) markets. TVC will sell all Beenius technologies and provide support in the CALA region.
News categories: Beenius, TVC Communications, Martin Žorž, Ken Olsen, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware
TCC chooses 3SS for Android TV+multiscreen service in Uruguay
Nov 1, 2019 – 3SS has been chosen by TCC to help develop a new TV service to launch in 2020. The service will be powered by 3READY Android TV + Multiscreen, 3SS’ front end and UI framework featuring an Android TV Custom Launcher STB.
News categories: 3SS, TCC, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Uruguay, UX
Wyplay selected for Android TV DVR at South American operator
Oct 29, 2019 – Wyplay has been selected by a major South American Tier-1 Operator for their next generation hybrid Android TV 4K-DVR set-top box. Wyplay will provide its 'FROG' middleware and back-end components will be delivered to enrich the operator’s solution.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box
AT&T U.S. down 1,358k; Vrio down 167k video subs in 3Q 2019
Oct 28, 2019 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2019. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 1.358 million in the quarter with AT&T TV NOW accounting for 195,000 of the losses. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers also declined, by 167,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, USA
Megacable adds 6k video subscribers in 3Q 2019
Oct 24, 2019 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2019. At close, the company's video segment had 3,223,620 subscribers, an increase of 44,000 compared to 3Q18. Compared with 2Q19, subscribers are up by 6,000.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019