Colombia Digital TV News
TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
Aug 18, 2022 – TVCoins has launched a white-label Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platform with a built-in viewer incentive program. The platform enables content owners to rapidly publish their live and on-demand video with no upfront investment.
News categories: TVCoins, Telemedellín, Yossi Aloni, Gustavo Marra, Marek Kielczewski, Deninson Mendoza Ramos, Advertising, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TV ISLA selects Setplex to deliver IPTV in Colombia
Dec 7, 2021 – Setplex has been selected by TV ISLA to deliver a broad range of IPTV services. Utilizing the Setplex end-to-end OTT platform, the rollout will serve the island of San Andrés, and then expand to other locations in Colombia.
News categories: Setplex, TV ISLA, NPAW, Marc Mulgrum, Juan Manuel Caez Garcia, Ruben Senor-Megias, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
Oct 21, 2021 – Claro Colombia has deployed Harmonic's (NASDAQ: HLIT) VOS Cloud-Native Software solution, Electra X live video processor and MediaGrid shared storage to power its Claro Box TV streaming service.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Colombia, Alvaro Martin, Walter Borda, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
Jul 29, 2021 – Claro Colombia has selected the NAGRA OpenTV Video Platform to power its Claro Box TV. The Android TV-based STB enables Claro Colombia’s clients to enjoy advanced services including VOD, start-over, catch-up TV, cloud DVR and remote control voice assist.
News categories: NAGRA, Claro Colombia, Xavier Fustagueras, Walter Borda, Android TV, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
Jul 20, 2021 – Caracol TV has selected the TheViewPoint's video ad monetization platform. Caracol TV owns Canal Caracol, aired in Colombia, and Caracol Internacional that broadcasts in the Americas, as well as in Spain and the Caribbean.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Caracol TV, Keren Pass, Advertising, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, Spain, Streaming
UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
Jun 22, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has started shipping voice-enabled remote controls to Claro Colombia. The Android TV remote is powered by UEI's chip technology with Bluetooth Low Energy and Infrared control capabilities.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Claro, Steve Gutman, Rodrigo de Gusmao, Android TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
ZEASN launches Smart Voice solutions
May 27, 2021 – ZEASN has unveiled its Whale Speaker OS and Whale AI Voice smart voice solutions. Whale Speaker OS is an operating system for smart speakers. Whale AI Voice provides Alexa skills for connected devices.
News categories: ZEASN, Raymond Chung, Colombia, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
Mar 4, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, poorly-performing economies have hit Latin American pay TV with the number of pay TV subscribers falling by 4 million in both 2019 and 2020. The number of pay TV subscribers peaked in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV