Colombia Digital TV News
Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
Oct 21, 2021 – Claro Colombia has deployed Harmonic's (NASDAQ: HLIT) VOS Cloud-Native Software solution, Electra X live video processor and MediaGrid shared storage to power its Claro Box TV streaming service.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Colombia, Alvaro Martin, Walter Borda, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
Jul 29, 2021 – Claro Colombia has selected the NAGRA OpenTV Video Platform to power its Claro Box TV. The Android TV-based STB enables Claro Colombia’s clients to enjoy advanced services including VOD, start-over, catch-up TV, cloud DVR and remote control voice assist.
News categories: NAGRA, Claro Colombia, Xavier Fustagueras, Walter Borda, Android TV, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
Jul 20, 2021 – Caracol TV has selected the TheViewPoint's video ad monetization platform. Caracol TV owns Canal Caracol, aired in Colombia, and Caracol Internacional that broadcasts in the Americas, as well as in Spain and the Caribbean.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Caracol TV, Keren Pass, Advertising, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, Spain, Streaming
UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
Jun 22, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has started shipping voice-enabled remote controls to Claro Colombia. The Android TV remote is powered by UEI's chip technology with Bluetooth Low Energy and Infrared control capabilities.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Claro, Steve Gutman, Rodrigo de Gusmao, Android TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
ZEASN launches Smart Voice solutions
May 27, 2021 – ZEASN has unveiled its Whale Speaker OS and Whale AI Voice smart voice solutions. Whale Speaker OS is an operating system for smart speakers. Whale AI Voice provides Alexa skills for connected devices.
News categories: ZEASN, Raymond Chung, Colombia, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
Mar 4, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, poorly-performing economies have hit Latin American pay TV with the number of pay TV subscribers falling by 4 million in both 2019 and 2020. The number of pay TV subscribers peaked in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
Sep 21, 2020 – Anevia and Viaccess-Orca have announced the launch of an OTT TV platform in Bogotá with TV Red Digital. TV Red Digital will operate the platform as a white-label OTT TV resource available to Colombian ISPs.
News categories: Anevia, Viaccess-Orca, Grégory Samson, Carlos Ramos, Days Velazco, Colombia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV
Latin America to top 100 million SVOD subscriptions
Sep 1, 2020 – According to forecasts from Digital TV Research, Latin America will have 100.35 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025; more than double the 42.15 million recorded at end-2019.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Streaming, Subscribers
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV