Android TV (and Google TV) News
One Albania selects Minerva to power new video service
Nov 5, 2023 – One Albania has selected Minerva Networks to power its next generation video service, available via a new One Albania Android TV STB, as well as on smart TVs, Apple TV, Fire TV, mobiles and web.
News categories: Minerva Networks, One Albania, Mauro Bonomi, Brano Djurovic, Albania, Android TV, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
DNA launches Android TV box with Dolby Atmos
Oct 30, 2023 – On the 6th of November, DNA will launch its DNA Entertainment Box, a video soundbox featuring Dolby Atmos immersive sound. The Android TV device also supports Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: DNA, Dolby, Sagemcom, Mikko Saarentaus, Anaïs Libolt, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box
Irdeto integrates Anypoint Media ad server
Oct 24, 2023 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Anypoint Media, integrating Anypoint's Flower Ad Server into its Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) product, and onto its Android TV Hybrid Box offering.
News categories: Irdeto, Anypoint Media, Andrew Bunten, Won Baek, Advertising, Android TV, Asia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RVT deploys Netflix Self-Serve Android TV STB from ZTE
Oct 20, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and Brazil RVT have put ZTE's B866V2FA Netflix Self-Serve Android TV set-top box (STB) into commercial operation. The box is based on an Amlogic quad-core 64-bit chip.
News categories: ZTE, sim.digital, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Swisscom: new TV-Box, Disney+ partnership and streaming package
Oct 17, 2023 – Swisscom will launch its new TV-Box 5 on 24 October 2023. The box is powered by Android TV. From November, the Disney+ streaming service will also be available to blue TV customers.
News categories: Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
Sep 17, 2023 – Accedo has partnered with Magnifi by VideoVerse to bring AI-powered sports highlights to its Accedo Launcher. Accedo Launcher is a customizable Android TV experience for set-top boxes.
News categories: Accedo, Magnifi, Bleuenn Le Goffic, Meghna Krishna, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
Sep 15, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has collaborated with Netgem to introduce its N9000 Android TV STB combined with Netgem's Immersive TV service to provide the ultimate cloud gaming experience.
News categories: ZTE, Netgem, Android TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – Rokid has showcased its Rokid Station Android TV device at IBC 2023. Developed with HiMedia, the Rokid Station works with AR glasses to enable portable cinematic experiences anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Rokid, Hui Du, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
4iG selects NAGRA to launch entertainment services in Hungary
Sep 13, 2023 – 4iG, through its subsidiaries Vodafone Hungary, DIGI Hungary and Antenna Hungaria, has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) as system integrator and solution partner for its migration to next-generation TV services.
News categories: NAGRA, 4iG, Nancy Goldberg, Tamás Bányai, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hungary, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward