Android TV News
Broadpeak video delivery added to 3SS entertainment ecosystem
Jun 25, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Broadpeak is bringing its video delivery software solutions, including its server-side controlled ABR streaming solution, to 3SS's 3READY Entertainment Ecosystem.
News categories: 3SS, Broadpeak, Pierre Donath, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Peacock to be available on Google platforms at launch
Jun 23, 2020 – Peacock has announced that it will be available on Google platforms and devices including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Google, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
NAGRA secures TBC Android TV STB 4K service in Taiwan
Jun 17, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC) has selected NAGRA to secure its new Android TV 4K Ultra HD pay-TV service integrated with the Realtek system-on-chip (SoC) solution.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Realtek, Stéphane Le Dreau, Jimmy Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
TCL launches televisions with Android TV in the U.S.
Jun 5, 2020 – TCL has announced that it will offer TCL TVs featuring Android TV in the U.S. Leveraging its years-long mobile device partnership with Google, TCL's new televisions diversify the company's product lineup.
News categories: TCL, Shalini Govil-Pai, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
AirConsole and XL Home turn Android TVs into Gaming Consoles
Jun 5, 2020 – XL Axiata will distribute AirConsole's online video game console for casual games to its XL Home customer base in Indonesia. AirConsole is a cloud based video game console accessible using a computer or smart TV.
News categories: AirConsole, XL Axiata, Anthony Cliquot, Abhijit Navalekar, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Indonesia, Smart TV
3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
Jun 4, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Technicolor Connected Home announce their continued partnership with Tele2 as its Com Hem Tv Hub service upgrades to Android P. Com Hem Group merged with Tele2 in November 2018.
News categories: Technicolor, 3SS, Com Hem, Mercedes Pastor, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Sweden
Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
Jun 2, 2020 – Evolution Digital has launched the Evolution Device Manager (eDM) cloud-based SaaS solution to operators deploying eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV. eDM is a hosted platform that enables management, administration and control of eSTREAM 4K devices in the field.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Cash Hagen, Android TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
Jun 2, 2020 – Skyworth Digital and Unifi, the consumer brand for Telekom Malaysia, have celebrated the launch of the Unifi Plus Box – Unifi’s first 4K Android-based set-top box, providing access to all of Unifi’s digital entertainment services.
News categories: Skyworth, Telekom Malaysia, Moharmustaqeem Mohammed, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
WOW! tv+ coverage extended to Cleveland and Mid-Michigan
May 5, 2020 – WideOpenWest (NYSE: WOW) has announced that customers in Cleveland and Mid-Michigan are the latest to be offered its video service, WOW! tv+. The Android TV-based platform features live channel packages, cloud DVR, and access to a deep On Demand library.
News categories: WOW!, Teresa Elder, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert