Android TV (and Google TV) News
SKYWORTH to roll out Google TV lineup in North America
Jan 5, 2022 – At CES 2022, SKYWORTH is showcasing the SKYWORTH W82, a transformable OLED TV and the SKYWORTH S82, a 4K OLED TV. SKYWORTH also announced that it roll out a lineup of Google TV models for the US and Canada in summer 2022.
News categories: SKYWORTH, John Homlish, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
BitRouter announces Android version of its ATSC 3.0 software
Jan 5, 2022 – BitRouter has announced the availability of an Android app version of its ATSC 3.0 software at CES 2022. The app, called ATV, can be ported to any Android device that supports ATSC tuners and a Dolby AC-4 certified SoC.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
EKTRA selects CommScope STB for Balticum TV in Lithuania
Dec 21, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with EKTRA to provide its Balticum TV customers in Lithuania with the VIP7100 UHD set top solution. The VIP7100 is an interactive IP set top box powered by the Android TV operating system (OS).
News categories: CommScope, EKTRA, Phil Cardy, Valery Alfimov, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Set Top Box
Realtek joins Netflix Android TV and RDK set-top scaling programs
Dec 13, 2021 – Realtek has announced that it has joined the Netflix Hailstorm and Da Vinci scaling programs, delivering pre-integrated Netflix to both Android TV and RDK with approved SoC security NSV2018.1 from Netflix.
News categories: Realtek, Netflix, Yee-Wei Huang, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
Nov 24, 2021 – Iskon Internet has launched an OTT service in Croatia based on the Beenius Android TV Operator Tier solution. Support from the Beenius team allowed Iskon to start with an IPTV solution and evolve with Android TV to an OTT service.
News categories: Beenius, Iskon, Filip Remškar, Krešimir Madunović, Android TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
Nov 22, 2021 – Axiros has announced that Megacable has selected its Axiros AXESS.ACS Platform to support the daily operations of its Android TV Set Top Box (STB) devices utilizing the Broadband Forum-compliant TR-069 protocol.
News categories: Axiros, Megacable, Michael Shaw, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
Nov 23, 2021 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced that across its customer base it has surpassed the deployment of one million set-top boxes powered by its Android TV Operator Tier offering, representing 5% of the global installed base.
News categories: Mirada, José-Luis Vázquez, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Sky New Zealand announces Android TV STB development partners
Nov 17, 2021 – Sky New Zealand has announced partners for the development of its new Android TV-based Sky Box, due for deployment by the middle of 2022. Sky has selected Wyplay, Irdeto and Kaonmedia to provide components of the box's software and hardware.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Wyplay, Kaonmedia, Irdeto, Sophie Moloney, Jacques Bourgninaud, John Chung Yoon, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers