Pakistan Digital TV News
Pakistan Telecom to provide TV audience data to Medialogic
Nov 12, 2020 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) and Medialogic have signed an agreement for enriching TV Audience Measurement data in Pakistan. PTCL will provide data from its Smart TV IPTV service to Medialogic.
News categories: PTCL, Medialogic, Adnan Anjum, Aly Mustansir, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MandA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
NetSat deploys VCAS for DVB to secure Pakistan's Dawn News TV
Sep 12, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Pakistan's NetSat has deployed the Verimatrix' VCAS for DVB. The VCAS architecture specifically benefits the local Dawn News TV channel as it transitions from analog to encrypted digital free-to-air video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, NetSat, Steve Oetegenn, Syed Rafi Uddin Faisal, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Pakistan, Satellite
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
Pakistan to launch DTH services
Nov 10, 2017 – Pakistan's Minister of State for Information, Broadcasting & National Heritage has directed the management of Pakistan Television Corporation to initiate the work at the earliest for the launch of Direct To Home (DTH) services.
News categories: Pakistan Television Corporation, Digital TV, Pakistan, Satellite
2.8 million SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries in Q2 2017
Oct 13, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries reached 2.8 million at a quarter on quarter rate of 89%, compared to 1.5 million in the second quarter of 2016. India is by far the biggest SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Myanmar, Nepal, OTT, Pakistan, Subscribers, The Maldives
ZTE to provide DTMB broadcasting infrastructure for Pakistan's PTV
May 15, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has signed an agreement with Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV) for digital television services. Under the agreement, PTV will use ZTE’s technology to deliver digital TV based on the DTMB standard.
News categories: ZTE, Pakistan Television Corporation, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DTMB, Pakistan, Terrestrial
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product