Pakistan Digital TV News
Pakistan Telecom to provide TV audience data to Medialogic
Nov 12, 2020 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) and Medialogic have signed an agreement for enriching TV Audience Measurement data in Pakistan. PTCL will provide data from its Smart TV IPTV service to Medialogic.
News categories: PTCL, Medialogic, Adnan Anjum, Aly Mustansir, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, BroadcastAsia, China, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MandA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
NetSat deploys VCAS for DVB to secure Pakistan's Dawn News TV
Sep 12, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Pakistan's NetSat has deployed the Verimatrix' VCAS for DVB. The VCAS architecture specifically benefits the local Dawn News TV channel as it transitions from analog to encrypted digital free-to-air video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, NetSat, Steve Oetegenn, Syed Rafi Uddin Faisal, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2023, Pakistan, Satellite
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
Pakistan to launch DTH services
Nov 10, 2017 – Pakistan's Minister of State for Information, Broadcasting & National Heritage has directed the management of Pakistan Television Corporation to initiate the work at the earliest for the launch of Direct To Home (DTH) services.
News categories: Pakistan Television Corporation, Digital TV, Pakistan, Satellite
2.8 million SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries in Q2 2017
Oct 13, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries reached 2.8 million at a quarter on quarter rate of 89%, compared to 1.5 million in the second quarter of 2016. India is by far the biggest SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Streaming, Subscribers, The Maldives
ZTE to provide DTMB broadcasting infrastructure for Pakistan's PTV
May 15, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has signed an agreement with Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV) for digital television services. Under the agreement, PTV will use ZTE’s technology to deliver digital TV based on the DTMB standard.
News categories: ZTE, Pakistan Television Corporation, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DTMB, Pakistan, Terrestrial
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024