Conditional Access (CA) News
First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
Oct 29, 2020 – Amlogic and TVSTORM have announced that First Media's new 4K set-top box (STB), powered by Amlogic's S905X2 SoC and TVSTORM's Widevine CAS based head-end, is the world's first Android TV STB secured by Google Widevine CAS.
News categories: TVSTORM, Amlogic, PT Link Net, Widevine, Hoyeon Jang, James Xie, Edward Sanusi, Brian Baker, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
Sep 21, 2020 – Irdeto has announced a conditional access renewal agreement with Forthnet which includes Irdeto’s Advance Protection Services (APS). APS provides global monitoring for piracy, enhanced security planning and access to secure chipsets.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Shane McCarthy, Constantinos Kalavas, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
United Group selects Irdeto to secure content across SE Europe
Aug 27, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security for satellite DTH services from United Group in Southeast Europe. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA client is integrated into United Group’s satellite HEVC-enabled STBs.
News categories: Irdeto, United Group, Shane McCarthy, Srdjan Djurdjević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
Jun 30, 2020 – Verimatrix, (Paris: VMX) has announced that Altibox Norway is to move its security framework into the Verimatrix Secure Cloud. In the Cloud, Altibox can more easily optimize its end-to-end content security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Altibox, Asaf Ashkenazi, Jarle Johnsen, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Norway
Baltcom adds CryptoGuard security for cable TV digitisation
Jun 15, 2020 – CryptoGuard has announced that Baltcom has deployed CryptoGuard CAS to secure its digital cable TV services. Baltcom is Latvia's second largest TV and internet service provider with fiber optic coverage across the country.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Baltcom, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Kjell Carlswärd, Dmitrijs Nikitins, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Latvia
PanAccess’ Nigerian bouquet now on Amos-17
Feb 3, 2020 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it is providing Ku-band capacity from its AMOS-17 communication satellite to PanAccess for broadcasting to Nigeria. PanAccess’ bouquet, originating in Germany, is broadcast from 17°E.
News categories: Spacecom, PanAccess, Eyal Altshuler, Roland Schlichting, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
BT to protect broadcasters using BISS-CA encryption from ATEME
Jan 9, 2020 – BT is stepping up its efforts to combat the illegal piracy of premium content through a partnership with ATEME. The company is using the ATEME’s encryption techniques to protect satellite uplinked content to help reduce the number of illegal streams.
News categories: ATEME, BT, Julien Mandel, Dominik Wrona, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
Jun 17, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:INSD) and moTV.eu are securing DVB-S delivery offered by Mongolsat Networks. Using the moTV.eu OTT/IPTV/hybrid platform, Verimatrix protects Mongolsat's Freeview TV service to STBs and its TV Everywhere content streamed to mobile devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, moTV.eu, Mongolsat, Steve Oetegenn, Radim Benovsky, Bumchin N, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Mongolia, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Entel deploys Amino to power Bolivia’s first nationwide IPTV rollout
May 30, 2019 – Entel, the national telecommunications operator in Bolivia, has begun a major deployment of AminoVU set-top boxes running on AminoOS to deliver IPTV services across its newly deployed fiber network, which covers almost 100% of the country.
News categories: Amino, Entel, Donald McGarva, Bolivia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Fibre, Middleware, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5