DRM (Digital Rights Management) News
castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
Jan 12, 2022 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). The broadcaster will use castLabs’ cloud digital rights management (DRM), DRMtoday, solution to protect its online video content.
News categories: castLabs, PBS, Alec Henthorne, Scott Nourse, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
Telebreeze pre-integrates PallyCon multi-DRM and watermarking
Nov 15, 2021 – PallyCon has partnered with Telebreeze to offer pre-integrated anti-piracy services to media clients.The combination provides a security solution to video producers and OTT platforms that can be applied to all types of video assets and in a single workflow.
News categories: PallyCon, Telebreeze, Govindraj Basatwar, Alexey Leonidov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Wyplay launches blockchain video delivery solution for TV operators
Nov 10, 2021 – Wyplay has launched COMMUNITY by Wyplay, a blockchain video delivery solution. COMMUNITY by Wyplay builds a bridge between traditional pay TV and the world of blockchain, crypto and NFTs.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Social TV, Worldwide
Irdeto multi-DRM issues record-breaking number of new licenses
Nov 10, 2021 – Irdeto has announced the continuous strong growth of DRM licenses issued, with an increase of 162% licenses issued in the last 15 months. The number of licenses has grown from 1.3 billion in June 2020 to 3.4 billion in October 2021.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
Oct 12, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that French operator Vialis has launched a new hybrid DTT and OTT service powered by the VO TV Platform, enabling Vialis to deliver personalized viewer experiences on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Vialis, Arnaud Alvarez, Jacky Hahn, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming, Terrestrial
RodeoTV strengthens security offering with BuyDRM's KeyOS
Oct 6, 2021 – RodeoTV is now offering studio-grade security for video content with BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Multi-DRM Service. RodeoTV provides solutions for clients looking to deliver Live Linear Video, VOD and Digital Signage.
News categories: BuyDRM, RodeoTV, Christopher Levy, Kelly Pittman, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
Sep 14, 2021 – Accedo has launched support for multiple DRM solutions into its Accedo One cloud platform. Accedo One Marketplace already includes integration for OVPs, subscription management platforms, ad servers, and analytics platforms.
News categories: Accedo, Markus Hejdenberg, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
ExpressPlay DRM integrated with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 8, 2021 – Intertrust ExpressPlay has announced that it has completed validation testing and supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in ExpressPlay multi-DRM cloud service.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Ali Hodjat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
castLabs integrates with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 9, 2021 – castLabs has announced that it supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in its leading digital rights management (DRM) licensing solution – DRMtoday.
News categories: castLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors