CES2022 (International CES 2022): January 5-8, 2022: Las Vegas, NV and Digital
TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
Jan 11, 2022 – WiSA (Nasdaq: WISA) has announced the integration of its immersive sound module into TCL's X925 Pro 8K Mini-LED Starlight Smart Screen. The module enables users to connect the X925 Pro to external speakers without the hassle of speaker wires.
News categories: WiSA, TCL, Tony Ostrom, Ellen Wang, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
Jan 11, 2022 – Disruptel has announced a partnership with TCL. The two companies will develop new AI-powered features, enabling users to see information related to what's on-screen and ask questions about what they're watching.
News categories: Disruptel, TCL Electronics, Alex Quinn, Shaoyong Zhang, Adam Cheyer, Big Data, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
3SS shows Android-based automotive entertainment UX at CES
Jan 7, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that its 3Ready Product Framework is now integrated as part of a modular automotive demo platform, a simulator which serves to give a taste of the future of the in-car entertainment experience.
News categories: 3SS, SUPER RTL, Bosch, AirConsole, Tomasz Dzikowski, Robert Dube, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
UEI unveils low-power chip platform with energy harvesting for TV remotes
Jan 6, 2022 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has unveiled its new family of QuickSet-certified connectivity silicon products using Extreme Low-Power, energy-harvesting and high-performance technology, at CES 2022.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
SKYWORTH to roll out Google TV lineup in North America
Jan 5, 2022 – At CES 2022, SKYWORTH is showcasing the SKYWORTH W82, a transformable OLED TV and the SKYWORTH S82, a 4K OLED TV. SKYWORTH also announced that it roll out a lineup of Google TV models for the US and Canada in summer 2022.
News categories: SKYWORTH, John Homlish, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
BMW Theatre Screen brings cinematic experience to the vehicle
Jan 5, 2022 – BMW's My Mode Theatre transforms the rear of the vehicle interior into a private cinema lounge with surround sound and 5G connectivity thanks to the BMW Theatre Screen, a 31-inch ultra-wide display with a resolution of up to 8K.
News categories: BMW, Frank Weber, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Smart TV, Worldwide
Visteon unveils connected car app store at CES 2022
Jan 5, 2022 – Visteon (NASDAQ: VC) has unveiled its AllGo App Store at CES 2022. The AllGo App Store features automotive-optimized versions of the most sought-after mobility, navigation, parking and infotainment apps around the world.
News categories: Visteon, Sachin Lawande, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
BitRouter announces Android version of its ATSC 3.0 software
Jan 5, 2022 – BitRouter has announced the availability of an Android app version of its ATSC 3.0 software at CES 2022. The app, called ATV, can be ported to any Android device that supports ATSC tuners and a Dolby AC-4 certified SoC.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope