CES2024 (International CES 2024): January 9-12, 2024: Las Vegas, NV
Skyworth Digital to show RDK TV for operators at CES 2024
Oct 18, 2023 – After its launch at IBC 2023, Skyworth Digital is to show its Operator Tier RDK TV at CES 2024. The TV comes with a Lightning Launcher, Amazon Alexa and the AndApps app store from Consult Red.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Consult Red, CES2024, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Cinemo to showcase in-vehicle infotainment portfolio at MWC 2023
Feb 23, 2023 – At MWC 2023, Cinemo will be showcasing example use cases to demonstrate how its technology is being used in in-vehicle aftermarket infotainment, connected health and fitness devices, and digital signage.
News categories: Cinemo, Tristan Kleiner, CES2024, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
63% of U.S. internet households own a Smart TV
Jan 13, 2023 – Parks Associates research shows 63% of U.S. internet households own a smart TV, up from 38% in 2015. The company's OTT Video Market Tracker highlights how companies like Roku have transformed the role of the TV in the home.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, CES2024, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Sharp to offer six TV models equipped with Roku OS in the U.S.
Jan 5, 2023 – Sharp will release three models of its flagship AQUOS XLED 4K TV in U.S. in spring of 2023. At the same time, it will introduce to the U.S. market six other TV models all equipped with the Roku smart TV OS.
News categories: Sharp Corp, CES2024, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Vestel to produce VIDAA-based Smart TVs for Europe
Jan 9, 2023 – VIDAA has signed a partnership with Vestel to provide its turnkey operating system. The deal will expand the presence of the VIDAA platform in Europe, powering Toshiba branded TVs starting in 2023.
News categories: VIDAA, Vestel, Guy Edri, Turan Erdogan, CES2024, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
Cinemo shows digital media experiences in the vehicle and cloud
Jan 5, 2023 – Cinemo creates digital media experiences in the vehicle and cloud, placing media control firmly with the user. A new partnership with Telechips enables in-car VoD and multi-screen-usage for entry- to mid-level cars.
News categories: Cinemo, Telechips, Richard Lesser, Jangkyu Lee, CES2024, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Semiconductor, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
UEI expands software and services for whole home control
Jan 6, 2023 – To deal with the challenge of onboarding, troubleshooting, and supporting connected devices across different ecosystems, UEI [NASDAQ: UEIC] has expanded its offering beyond just control introducing several services to help consumers.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2024, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
LG TVs gain expanded selection of gamer-centric services
Jan 7, 2023 – LG is demonstrating its commitment to gaming on TV with a webOS UI update that features a dedicated gaming hub, the addition of Amazon Luna cloud gaming, and streaming gameplay at 4K 60fps via NVIDIA GeForce NOW.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2024, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX
Saankhya Labs exhibits solutions at CES 2023
Jan 6, 2023 – At CES 2023, Saankhya Labs (BSE: 540595, NSE: TEJASNET) is exhibiting ATSC 3.0 solutions powered by its SDR chipset. It is also demonstrating an ATSC 3.0 enabled reference smartphone, developed in partnership with One Media.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, Parag Naik, ATSC 3, CES2024, Digital TV, Gateway, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024