CES2022 (International CES 2022): January 5-8, 2022: Las Vegas, NV and Digital
Proof of vaccination required to attend CES 2022
Aug 18, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will require in-person attendees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. CES 2022 will take place in Las Vegas on January 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
CTA announces return to Las Vegas for CES 2022
Apr 29, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will return to Las Vegas next year. CTA will convene the tech industry in-person and digitally. CES heads back to Las Vegas Jan. 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Karen Chupka, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
Jan 13, 2021 – LG Electronics has announced its 2021 NEXTGEN TV lineup. Unveiled at Digital CES 2021, the new 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs represent the powerful combination of LG OLED and NEXTGEN TV technologies.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Jong Kim, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
Jan 12, 2021 – Synamedia's security and watermarking solutions are now integrated with the Akamai Intelligent Edge Platform. The combination detects pirate streams in real time and redirect viewers to legitimate services.
News categories: Synamedia, Akamai, Yael Fainaro, Amit Kasturia, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Amlogic and Skyworth create Netflix-ready platform for RDK STBs
Jan 12, 2021 – Amlogic and Skyworth Digital have developed a Netflix pre-certified set-top box based on the RDK Video Accelerator. The box is an UHD IP-set top, running on Amlogic's S905X4 chipset.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, CES2022, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
LG Smart TVs to get Stadia cloud gaming in late 2021
Jan 11, 2021 – LG has announced a plan with Google to bring Stadia to its webOS smart TVs later this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Lee Sang-woo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
TCL announces Google TV products at CES2021
Jan 11, 2021 – TCL Electronics (1070.HK) has announced, at CES 2021, that it will roll out a TCL Google TV series in 2021 to TCL customers, starting in the United States and later in other parts of the world.
News categories: TCL, Google TV, Kevin Wang, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
BitRouter announces ATSC 3.0 receiver based on Raspberry Pi
Jan 11, 2021 – BitRouter has announced the availability of 3pi, an ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receiver based on the Raspberry Pi platform, for automotive and distance learning applications where HDMI output is not required.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Roku TV no. 1 Smart TV OS in the U.S. and Canada
Jan 8, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS was the No. 1 smart TV OS sold in the U.S. and Canada. Roku TV had 38% market share in the US and 31% in Canada, based on data from January 5 to December 26, 2020.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2022, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way