Gaming & Games Consoles (Xbox, Playstation, PSP, Wii …) News
41% of U.S. broadband households have a streaming media player
Jan 5, 2022 – According to Parks Associates' consumer data, U.S. broadband households have an average of 14.5 connected devices, with future purchase intentions still high as consumers continue to embrace entertainment technology.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samsung unveils 2022 MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs
Jan 3, 2022 – Samsung has unveiled its newest MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs, with advancements in picture and sound quality, more screen size options, customizable accessories and an upgraded interface, ahead of CES 2022.
News categories: Samsung, Simon Sung, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samsung to offer screens with HDR10+ GAMING support
Dec 23, 2021 – Select 2022 4K and 8K TVs and gaming monitors from Samsung will support the new HDR10+ GAMING standard. HDR10+ GAMING gives developers the tools they need to provide gamers with a consistent HDR gaming experience without the need for manual calibration.
News categories: Samsung, NVIDIA, Seokwoo Yong, Vijay Sharma, Todd Hollenshead, Digital TV, Gaming, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Google Stadia cloud gaming now on latest LG Smart TVs
Dec 8, 2021 – LG Electronics has made available Google's cloud gaming service Stadia on LG Smart TVs running webOS 5.0 and 6.0. The app can be downloaded from the LG Content Store, in the U.S and the 21 other countries where Stadia operates.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
LG brings NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming to WebOS Smart TVs
Nov 18, 2021 – LG has partnered with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW for LG TVs running webOS. The app will be available in beta in the LG Content Store on select 2021 TV models in 80 markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Lee Sang-woo, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
Oct 19, 2021 – According to Deloitte, media companies are trying to retain paid subscribers on their streaming video services. But they also compete with social media and gaming, which offer both entertainment and social interaction.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Jana Arbanas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
Oct 6, 2021 – DFC Intelligence has announced results of a global survey showing that nearly all consumers watch streaming video content monthly and an overwhelming majority (85.4%) would interact with streamed content if they could.
News categories: DFC Intelligence, David Cole, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope