Semiconductor (ICs, silicon IP, microchips, …) News
WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
Nov 28, 2023 – WSTS has revised its forecast, anticipating a single-digit contraction in the global semiconductor market of 9.4% in 2023, followed by a robust recovery, with growth of 13.1% in 2024.
News categories: WSTS, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Semiconductor market to grow 20.2% in 2024 to $633 billion
Nov 14, 2023 – IDC has forecast a return to growth for the semiconductor market, raising its 2023 revenue outlook from $518.8bn to $526.5bn, and its 2024 revenue expectation from $625.9bn to $632.8bn.
News categories: IDC, Rudy Torrijos, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
DVB Project elects new Steering Board
Nov 13, 2023 – The General Assembly of the DVB Project has elected a new Steering Board to serve for the coming two years. It includes representatives of 43 companies across DVB's four member constituencies.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
RVT deploys Netflix Self-Serve Android TV STB from ZTE
Oct 20, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and Brazil RVT have put ZTE's B866V2FA Netflix Self-Serve Android TV set-top box (STB) into commercial operation. The box is based on an Amlogic quad-core 64-bit chip.
News categories: ZTE, sim.digital, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
Sep 25, 2023 – The District Court of Munich has ruled that Netflix is infringing a Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) patent related to HEVC/H.265 video coding. The court has issued a cease-and-desist injunction.
News categories: Broadcom, Netflix, Mark Terrano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Patent, Semiconductor
Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
Sep 12, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its E300 video encoder IPs, built on a higher performance architecture with support for resolutions from 4K60 up to 8K120.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126
Sep 15, 2023 – Sercomm (TWSE: 5388) has announced the availability of Stiletto, the company's latest turnkey STB solution for RDK, the first RDK Video Accelerator solution based on Broadcom's BCM72126.
News categories: Sercomm, Broadcom, Amir Mobini, Lewis Brewster, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia, Synaptics and OBLO measure user engagement with content and ads
Sep 15, 2023 – iWedia has partnered with Synaptics to create a product, powered by OBLO Cloud technology, that utilizes advanced camera technology to measure user engagement with TV content and ads.
News categories: iWedia, Synaptics, OBLO, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Realtek adds MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC support to STB SoCs with V-Nova
Sep 13, 2023 – Realtek and V-Nova have announced support for MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC in Realtek STB SoCs. This makes Realtek the first chipset provider to offer support for LCEVC.
News categories: Realtek, V-Nova, Yee-Wei Huang, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024