Smart TV (Connected TV, Integrated Digital Television, IDTV) News
Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
Dec 7, 2022 – KONKA (000016. SZ) and MBC Group have announced a partnership that will allow KONKA Android and webOS smart TV users in MENA countries to access MBC's Shahid via the homepage launch bar or the Shahid App.
News categories: KONKA, MBC Group, Kobe Liao, Apps, Digital TV, Middle-East, Smart TV, UX
Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
Dec 5, 2022 – Veira Group has begun production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs. With the rollout of the webOS Hub ecosystem, Veira aims to manufacture over 100,000 Smart TVs based on LG's OS for brands in India.
News categories: Veira Group, Sharan Maini, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, TV OS
VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
Dec 2, 2022 – VIDAA has announced that Google TV and other Android TV OS devices will carry VIDAA sports content, which includes FIFA+. Tremor International (AIM/NASDAQ: TRMR) will act as the exclusive global CTV monetization platform.
News categories: VIDAA, Google, Tremor International, Guy Edri, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
Dec 1, 2022 – Tulix and WiseDV are powering the Hollywire channel on Samsung TV Plus in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and Brazil. Channel origination is provided by WiseDV's cloud playout. Tulix's CDN is used for delivery.
News categories: Tulix, WiseDV, Hollywire, Nino Doijashvili, Brazil, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
Dec 2, 2022 – India’s smart TV shipments grew 38% YoY in Q3 2022, according to Counterpoint. The growth was primarily driven by festive season supplies for meeting the strong pent-up demand, multiple new launches, discount events, and promotions.
News categories: Counterpoint, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
KONKA plans GCC region expansion
Nov 29, 2022 – KONKA (000016.SZ) is set to ramp up business expansion in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region with a focus on increasing its retail footprint and launching a series of new products tailored to local customers.
News categories: KONKA, Hursh Agrawal, Digital TV, Middle-East, Smart TV
New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
Nov 24, 2022 – Dotscreen has provided upgrades for two of its European multiscreen UI clients. TF1's MYTF1 Max App has launched on Samsung and LG Smart TVs in France, and RTBF has relaunched its Auvio App in Belgium.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, TF1, RTBF, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Hisense second in global TV shipments
Nov 16, 2022 – Data from AVC Revo shows that global shipments of Hisense TVs from January to October reached 19.6 million, with a year-on-year growth rate of 18%. This record sales position Hisense the 2nd in the global market, a high in the brand's history.
News categories: Hisense, AVC Revo, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM