HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) News
wedotv launches FAST services on satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 15, 2023 – wedotv is expanding its distribution with the launch of FAST channels for Italy on Eutelsat satellites at 13°E. Viewers with a connected TV will also be able to watch via an HbbTV App.
News categories: Eutelsat, wedotv, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite
DTVKit introduces ORB HbbTV 2.0.3 solution
Aug 14, 2023 – DTVKit, in partnership with Ocean Blue Software, is now offering a version of the ORB HbbTV 2.0.3 solution integrated with DTVKit DVBCore and DSMCC, with versions for both RDK and Android.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, ORB, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Panasonic announces 4K LED with Fire TV built-in
Jun 13, 2023 – Panasonic has announced its MX800 LED 4K Ultra HD TV with Fire TV and access to Alexa built in, offering high-quality picture and sound, paired with the content-forward experience of Fire TV.
News categories: Panasonic, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
HbbTV updates Test Suite and DASH DRM Reference Application
Apr 24, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has released updated versions of the HbbTV Test Suite and DASH DRM Reference Application. The 2023-1 test suite includes newly approved tests as well as bug fixes and improvements.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV releases new version of core specification
Mar 14, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has published version 2.0.4 of its core specification. The three main highlights of the new version are voice assistant support, accessibility features and DVB-I integration.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
TVP launches VOD powered by Redge Media
Oct 21, 2022 – TVP, Poland's national broadcaster, has launched its TVP VOD streaming service for a wide range of end user platforms including HbbTV. The video service is delivered on the Redge Media Service Delivery Platform.
News categories: Redge Media, TVP, Mateusz Zawiślak, Marcin Klepacki, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Poland, Streaming
Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
Sep 16, 2022 – Vestel has announced the launch of its 97XX series of 4K UHD set-top boxes. The series was created to deliver a home entertainment experience from within an ultra-compact, minimalist design.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intertrust and Sofia Digital partner to enable direct-to-Smart TV for operators
Sep 10, 2022 – Combining Sofia Digital's HbbTV Application with Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA, operators can build their broadcast and OTT TV services directly on smart TVs, avoiding the costly set-top box.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Sofia Digital, Manas Matti, Juho Mäyränpää, Conditional Access, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Konka selects NetRange to power HbbTV on Android-based Smart TVs
Aug 30, 2022 – NetRange has announced that Konka will use its ACCESS NetFront Browser BE HbbTV for Android solution to support providers in the MENA region choosing to launch interactive and smart TV services via HbbTV.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Konka, Michi Uematsu, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middle-East, Smart TV
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029