Middle-East and North Africa Digital TV News
KIPCO announces deal to bring together OSN+ and Anghami
Nov 21, 2023 – KIPCO has announced that its subsidiary, OSN, has reached a deal to combine its content streaming platform, OSN+, with Anghami's music and entertainment streaming platform.
News categories: KIPCO, OSN, Sheikha Dana Nasser Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah, Joe Kawkabani, Elie Habib, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, Streaming
OSN+ integrates Google Cloud Vertex AI Search for Media Recommendations
Nov 13, 2023 – OSN+ has integrated Google Cloud's Vertex AI Search for Media Recommendations enabling its subscribers to interact with their own virtual assistant to provide personalized recommendations.
News categories: OSN+, Google Cloud, Joe Kawkabani, Tarek Khalil, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
evision launches 'STARZ ON' AVOD/FAST streaming service
Nov 7, 2023 – evision has unveiled its free OTT streaming platform, STARZ ON, providing access to AVOD/FAST content on Android and iOS devices for users in the MENA region and West Africa.
News categories: evision, e&, Olivier Bramly, Khalifa Al Shamsi, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Vianeos and UDC launch O.room Residential in Qatar
Oct 24, 2023 – Vianeos has announced a partnership with United Development Company (UDC) to provide residents of The Pearl Island - Qatar with a state-of-the-art IPTV service.
News categories: Vianeos, UDC Qatar, Jérôme Goubier, Nasser Abdulla Al Harmi, Digital TV, IPTV, Qatar
Netflix reports third quarter 2023 results
Oct 18, 2023 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced third quarter 2023 results. Revenue in Q3'23 grew 8% YoY, reflecting a 9% YoY increase in average paid memberships (8.8M paid net additions vs. 2.4M in Q3'22).
News categories: Netflix, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
Sep 26, 2023 – Pixalate has released its H1 2023 EMEA Connected TV (CTV) Ad Supply Chain Report, an analysis of open programmatic CTV advertising through the first half of 2023 in the EMEA region.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
Sep 20, 2023 – Skyline has announced that du has chosen its DataMiner Platform for its new Al Qudra teleport as well as for monitoring of its new broadcast center providing DTH, IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Skyline, du, Ben Vandenberghe, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UAE
ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
Sep 16, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) unveiled its next-generation Cloud Premium Video Platform (PVP) at IBC. Türk Telekom is using the solution to provide advanced experiences for its viewers.
News categories: ZTE, Türk Telekom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Turkey
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024
- KC Global Media launches HD FAST channel on JioTV and JioTV+
- Telstra Broadcast Services and BT pool media network footprints
- Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
- MainConcept launches live encoder with VVC and LCEVC