Middle-East and North Africa Digital TV News
HBO Max expands European rollout plans
Oct 5, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will launch in 27 territories during the initial phase of its European rollout, going live in seven new countries in 2022 in addition to the 20 territories already confirmed.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Streaming, Turkey
Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
Sep 23, 2021 – Accedo has enabled TenTime to expand the availability of content on its SVOD service. The TenTime Connected TV apps were developed using Accedo Elevate, a templated video solution.
News categories: Accedo, TenTime, Michael Lantz, Walid Finan, Apps, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
ThinkAnalytics powers OSN personalized Arabic UX
Sep 8, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that OSN has gone live with Think360 on its OSN Streaming service in more than 20 markets, providing subscribers with a personalized UX, including recommendations and a search engine.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, OSN, Peter Docherty, Peter Riz, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
15 million Arabic SVOD subscribers by 2026
Aug 31, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, there will be 15 million SVOD subscriptions across 13 Arabic countries by 2026, up from 8.61 million in 2021. Netflix will bring in more subscribers than second-place OSN and third-placed StarzPlay combined.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Irdeto brings security to Intigral’s Jawwy TV Android TV STBs
Aug 26, 2021 – Irdeto has implemented a range of security and anti-piracy tools and services with Intigral. Intigral's Jawwy TV platform provides OTT services for viewers across the Middle East and North Africa region.
News categories: Irdeto, Intigral, Shane McCarthy, Bill Sharp, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box, Streaming
Türk Telekom TV Home subscribers flat at 1.5 million in 2Q 2021
Aug 9, 2021 – Türk Telekom Group has announced its Q2'21 financial and operational results. At the end of the period, the number of TV Home (IPTV + DTH) subscribers remained flat QoQ at 1.5 million.
News categories: Türk Telekom, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Turkey
SeaChange powers Screen iL TV service featuring Israeli content
Aug 2, 2021 – Screen iL, a streaming service targeting Israeli expatriates and consumers worldwide with an appetite for Israeli film and TV content, has launched globally online. The service was built for Screen iL by SeaChange (NASDAQ:SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, Screen iL, Robert Pons, Ben Berner, Albertino Matalon, Greg Ireland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming, Worldwide
OSN using Cloud TV Suite from Comcast Technology Solutions
Jul 15, 2021 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced that its Cloud TV Suite serves as the back-end platform for the OSN Streaming App. The OSN Streaming App provides video entertainment to consumers across the MENA region.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, OSN, Bart Spriester, Peter Riz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 12, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil