France Digital TV News
OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
Jun 17, 2021 – OTTera has announced the launch of gTV by Ubisoft on Samsung TV Plus in France, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The channel will be powered by white label OTT streaming service OTTera.
News categories: OTTera, Ubisoft, Stephen L. Hodge, Geoffroy Sardin, Austria, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
Jun 15, 2021 – BuyDRM has announced that Freecaster is using its studio-approved KeyOS multi-DRM platform to secure premium live and VOD content for viewers in France and around the world.
News categories: BuyDRM, Freecaster, Christopher Levy, Raymond Duliu, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming, Worldwide
Europe’s top broadcasters to make $11 billion from football
Jun 3, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, broadcasters' revenues for live football matches in their domestic and UEFA Champions leagues will reach $10.5 billion in the 2021/22 season in the top five European countries.
News categories: Digital TV Research, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
May 17, 2021 – Groupe TF1, Groupe M6, Groupe Bouygues and RTL Group have signed agreements to enter into exclusive negotiations to merge the activities of Groupe TF1 and Groupe M6 and create a major French media group.
News categories: Groupe TF1, Groupe M6, Groupe Bouygues, RTL Group, Gilles Pélisson, Nicolas de Tavernost, Olivier Roussat, Thomas Rabe, Digital TV, France, MandA, Streaming
Bouygues Telecom and NRJ GLOBAL to deploy addressable TV
Apr 20, 2021 – Bouygues Telecom and NRJ GLOBAL have signed an addressable TV agreement. NRJ GLOBAL will use Bouygues Telecom's stock of 4 million boxes to offer targeted advertising on linear TV this autumn.
News categories: Bouygues Telecom, NRJ GLOBAL, Renan Abgrall, Cécile Chambaudrie, Advertising, Digital TV, France, IPTV
SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
Apr 20, 2021 – SoftAtHome has played a strategic role in the recent launch of Disney+ on Orange France’s set-top boxes. SoftAtHome is the first technology provider to integrate and deploy the newest native version of the Disney+ application.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, David Viret-Lange, Christian Bombrun, Apps, Digital TV, France, Set Top Box, Streaming
PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
Apr 9, 2021 – Samba TV's first-party Connected TV data will be integrated with PubMatic's (Nasdaq: PUBM) advertising platform to provide media buyers with omniscreen targeting in the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and France.
News categories: Samba TV, PubMatic, Ashwin Navin, David Barker, Emma Newman, Advertising, Big Data, France, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
Mar 3, 2021 – Magnite has released results of a study of 10,500 consumers across the UK, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy showing that there is widespread adoption of CTV streaming platforms across the EU5.
News categories: Magnite, IAB Europe, Steve Wing, Daniel Knapp, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, Streaming, UK
Two new telecoms partnerships for Gamestream
Feb 17, 2021 – Gamestream has two new cloud gaming partnerships. Telekom Slovenije has launched NEO Gaming, a white-label version of the Gamestream platform, and Bouygues Telecom has adopted Gamestream's Pleio consumer service.
News categories: Gamestream, Telekom Slovenije, Bouygues Telecom, Ivan Lebeau, Samo Ošina, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Slovenia
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community