France Digital TV News
ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
Jul 18, 2019 – ATEME and Eurovision Services ran a watermarking trial during a recent international football event in Paris. The proof of concept used BISS-CA, an enhanced, secured standard of the BISS protocol, to help broadcasters in the fight against piracy during the event.
News categories: ATEME, Eurovision Services, Julien Mandel, Oscar Teran, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Watermarking, Worldwide
NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
Jul 16, 2019 – NEC (TSE: 6701) successfully transmitted live 8K video using 5G at an international tennis tournament recently held in Paris. The demonstration was carried out in cooperation with France Télévisions and 8K broadcasting equipment manufacturers.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
Sony report reveals how TV has impacted the living room
May 29, 2019 – Despite changing décor, family behaviour and streamed content taking a leap forward, the humble TV is still the heart of the living room according to a Sony report released in conjunction with a survey of 6,000 European consumers and commentary from industry experts.
News categories: Sony Corp, Takayuki Miyama, Emma Kenny, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Netherlands, UK
2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
May 23, 2019 – LG has begun adding Amazon Alexa support to the company’s 2019 TV models featuring artificial intelligence. The update will be implemented through the Alexa app on 2019 TVs featuring ThinQ AI including LG UHD TVs, NanoCell TVs and OLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Amazon Alexa, Brian Kwon, Apps, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
May 15, 2019 – Media measurement bodies, BARC (India), Médiamétrie (France), Numeris (Canada) and Video Research (Japan) have announced that they will collaborate on future audience measurement initiatives including the development of common technical standards and operational processes.
News categories: BARC India, Médiamétrie, Numeris, Video Research, Partho Dasgupta, Bruno Chetaille, Neil McEneaney, Yuzuru Kato, Brad Bedford, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, France, India, Japan
iFeelSmart provides Bouygues Telecom with Operator Tier UI for Android TV STB
May 7, 2019 – iFeelSmart has announced that its Centaurus Android TV Operator Custom Launcher will power the BBox set-top box from Bouygues Telecom in France. Bouygues Telecom will update the User Interface of customers equipped with the box.
News categories: iFeelSmart, Bouygues Telecom, Xavier Bringue, Laure Joslet, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Orange TV subscribers up 105,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – Orange has released results to 31 March 2019. The company finished the quarter with 9.658 million IPTV and satellite customers, up 105,000 in the quarter. All markets saw a rise in numbers except for Spain where subscriptions fell by 11,000.
News categories: Orange, Belgium, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Luxembourg, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
Disney+ to rocket to 75 million subscribers
Apr 12, 2019 – Disney has outlined its plans for its Disney+ SVOD platform. The company expects to reach 60-90 million Disney+ subscribers by 2024, with the US contributing a third. Digital TV Research forecasts 75 million subscribers by 2024 – right in the middle of Disney’s estimates.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers, UK, USA
CANAL+ chooses Cisco for new content delivery network
Apr 9, 2019 – Cisco has announced that CANAL+ has chosen to base its new CDN on the Cisco NCS 5516 Series platform, using Cisco IOS XR software. As the highest traffic peak recorded by CANAL+ last year was 500Gb/s, the new CDN has been designed to deliver 1Tb/s+ on day one.
News categories: Cisco Systems, CANAL+, Sumeet Arora, Benoît Chemin, Content Distribution, France
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019