Results (quarterly, interim, annual, …) News
Charter residential video customers down 70,000 in 1Q 2020
May 1, 2020 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three months ended March 31, 2020. Residential video customers decreased by 70,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.6 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, https://bit.ly/35EexJi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 409,000 in 1Q 2020
Apr 30, 2020 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2020. Total high-speed internet customer net additions were 477,000, total video customer net losses were 409,000 and total voice customer net losses were 89,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 84,000 in 1Q 2020
Apr 24, 2020 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported first-quarter 2020 results. Consumer reported 84,000 Fios Video net losses in first-quarter 2020, reflecting the ongoing shift from traditional linear video to OTT offerings.
News categories: Verizon Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
AT&T U.S. down 1,035k; Vrio down 114k video subs in 1Q 2020
Apr 22, 2020 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the first quarter of 2020. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 1.035 million in the quarter with AT&T TV NOW accounting for 138,000 of the losses. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers were down 114,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA
Roku provides update ahead of Q1 results
Apr 13, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that due to the broader uncertainties arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, it is providing its shareholders with a brief update in advance of its May 7 earnings call.
News categories: Roku, COVID-19, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wurl network reaches 100 million CTVs after year of operations
Mar 12, 2020 – Wurl has announced that it expanded its network to reach 100 million CTVs in nine countries in its first full year of operations. Additionally, Wurl delivered more than 225 million hours of programming and more than 1.2 billion personally targeted ads.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA, Worldwide
Comscore announces measurement agreement with Comcast
Feb 27, 2020 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has reported results for the quarter and full year ended December 31, 2019.The company also announced a measurement agreement with Comcast intended to improve direct measurement of television households across the U.S.
News categories: Comscore, Bill Livek, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, USA
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
Feb 19, 2020 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending December 31, 2019. The company closed the quarter with 11.99 million Pay-TV subscribers, including 9.40 million DISH TV subscribers and 2.59 million Sling TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
Feb 17, 2020 – Viu (SEHK:0008) has announced that it reached 41.4 million monthly active users at the end of 2019, representing an increase of 35% over 2018. Additionally, video views grew 69% to 5.7 billion year-over-year, supporting growth in its video segment revenue.
News categories: Viu, Janice Lee, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Results, Subscribers
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020