Finland (Suomi) Digital TV News
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
Number of subscribers to Netgem's services reaches 470,000
Oct 20, 2022 – The total number of subscribers to Netgem Group services reached 470,000 at the end of September 2022, a growth rate of over 40% year-on-year. The Group has confirmed its target of half a million subscribers by end-2022.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, France, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
1.7 million subscribing households for Disney+ in the Nordics
Sep 13, 2022 – On September 15th in 2020, Disney Plus entered the Nordic region. According to Mediavision, after only 24 months, the service has attracted more than 1.7 million subscribing households on the fiercely competitive Nordic market.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
SkyShowtime rollout to begin in the Nordics on September 20th
Sep 5, 2022 – SkyShowtime will launch in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden on September 20th, before expanding into the Netherlands in Q4. The rollout will continue across Spain, Portugal, Andorra, and Central & Eastern Europe over the following months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
Allente selects 3SS 3Ready Control Center and ContentWise
Sep 1, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and ContentWise have announced that Allente has become the first operator to deploy 3Ready Control Center 3.0, 3SS' next-generation UX management and content curation hub.
News categories: 3SS, Allente, ContentWise, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jon Espen Nergård, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2022, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
Jun 20, 2022 – Universal Electronics (UEI) [NASDAQ: UEIC] has been selected by Finland's DNA to provide its Android TV remote control, UEI KITA. The remote features a slim rechargeable battery that makes the product thinner and easier to hold.
News categories: Universal Electronics, DNA, Kuldip Johal, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box, UX
3.4 million watching pirated video in the Nordics
Jun 3, 2022 – Piracy still poses a problem to the video industry in the Nordics. According to research from Mediavision, 17% of all people 15-74 years old in the Nordics have illegally streamed or downloaded films and TV episodes in the past month.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
Telia releases January-March 2022 results
Apr 27, 2022 – Telia Company has releases its Interim Report for January-March 2022. Across the Group, TV subscriptions were 3.373 million at period end, down 4,000 in the quarter and up 127,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Telia Company, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
Telenor chooses DataMiner experience and performance management solution
Mar 10, 2022 – Skyline Communications has announced that Telenor has chosen its DataMiner platform as the experience and performance management solution for its renewed converged television and video streaming services platform.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Telenor, Dominique De Paepe, Tommy Hexeberg, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, QoE, Sweden
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange