Finland (Suomi) Digital TV News
Telia to offer access to Paramount+
Mar 25, 2021 – From March 25, an extended partnership between Telia and Viacom CBS will enable Telia's TV customers in Sweden, Norway and Finland, to access SVOD service Paramount+ on TV, handset, tablet or computer.
News categories: Telia, Viacom CBS, Catrin von Walden, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Simply.TV metadata powers DNA TV services in Finland
Mar 17, 2021 – Finland's largest cable operator DNA has signed a multi-year deal to use Simply.TV's metadata solution. DNA's entire user base has been has been transfered across multiple platforms.
News categories: Simply.TV, DNA Oy, Daniel Rühmann, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Big Data, Digital TV, Finland
Telia pay TV down 9k, SVOD up 142k subscribers in 4Q 2020
Jan 29, 2021 – Telia Company has released its year-end report for the period January-December 2020. Pay TV subscriptions were down 9,000 in the final quarter (up 28,000 for the year). At the same time TV and Media added 142,000 SVOD subscriptions.
News categories: Telia, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, OTT, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
Jan 19, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has announced launch dates for Paramount+. The rollout starts on March 4, 2021 in the U.S. and Latin America. CBS All Access in Canada will be rebranded to Paramount+ on the same date.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
Jan 13, 2021 – According to figures from Mediavision, the average household in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden spent approximately €70 per month on media during fall of 2020. This is similar to early 2020, before the pandemic.
News categories: Mediavision, COVID-19, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Sweden
Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
Dec 2, 2020 – In the past 12 months, Nordic households have signed up for close to 3 million additional streaming subscriptions, resulting in the Nordic market today boasting 13.6 million subscriptions in total.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Elisa to deploy Deep Discovery from TiVo
Nov 4, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced Deep Discovery, an API-based metadata solution. Elisa will use Deep Discovery in Finland to help customers of its video service, Elisa Viihde, find programming and movies.
News categories: Xperi, Elisa, Chris Ambrozic, Matt Milne, Magnus Pettersson, Big Data, Digital TV, Finland, UX
NENT Group and Elisa to launch combined streaming service in Finland
Oct 30, 2020 – NENT Group and Elisa will launch a streaming service Elisa Viihde Viaplay in Finland on 3 December. The service brings together content from Viaplay's Finnish 'Films & Series' package and Elisa's streaming service Elisa Viihde Aitio.
News categories: NENT Group, Elisa, Kim Poder, Ani Korpela, Digital TV, Finland, OTT
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV