Denmark Digital TV News
Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics
Jun 10, 2021 – Piracy has been a major challenge in the Nordic region for many years and 2021 is no different. Figures from Mediavision show that even though the supply of legal online video services has increased, piracy is still high.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Altibox expands Agama monitoring to second screen devices
Mar 25, 2021 – Altibox has extended its Agama monitoring to include support for OTT companion devices. Agama is now responsible for monitoring, analytics and assurance across all types of devices.
News categories: Agama, Altibox, Mikael Dahlgren, Petter Røisland, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, QoE, TV Everywhere
ATEME encoding chosen for YouSee and Blockbuster in Denmark
Mar 23, 2021 – ATEME has announced that Nuuday, a Danish company providing TV and VoD services as part of the TDC Group, has adopted ATEME's TITAN range of encoding solutions for its YouSee and Blockbuster services.
News categories: ATEME, Nuuday, Katrine Finstad, Peter Bukhave Hansen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV
Telia pay TV down 9k, SVOD up 142k subscribers in 4Q 2020
Jan 29, 2021 – Telia Company has released its year-end report for the period January-December 2020. Pay TV subscriptions were down 9,000 in the final quarter (up 28,000 for the year). At the same time TV and Media added 142,000 SVOD subscriptions.
News categories: Telia, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, OTT, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
Jan 19, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has announced launch dates for Paramount+. The rollout starts on March 4, 2021 in the U.S. and Latin America. CBS All Access in Canada will be rebranded to Paramount+ on the same date.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
Jan 13, 2021 – According to figures from Mediavision, the average household in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden spent approximately €70 per month on media during fall of 2020. This is similar to early 2020, before the pandemic.
News categories: Mediavision, COVID-19, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Sweden
Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
Dec 2, 2020 – In the past 12 months, Nordic households have signed up for close to 3 million additional streaming subscriptions, resulting in the Nordic market today boasting 13.6 million subscriptions in total.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
Sep 15, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has unveiled 'Paramount+' as the brand name for the company’s upcoming global streaming service. CBS All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ in early 2021 as part of the service expansion.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, Marc DeBevoise, Australia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report