IBC2022 (IBC 2022): December 9-12, 2022: Amsterdam
Samsung to offer screens with HDR10+ GAMING support
Dec 23, 2021 – Select 2022 4K and 8K TVs and gaming monitors from Samsung will support the new HDR10+ GAMING standard. HDR10+ GAMING gives developers the tools they need to provide gamers with a consistent HDR gaming experience without the need for manual calibration.
News categories: Samsung, NVIDIA, Seokwoo Yong, Vijay Sharma, Todd Hollenshead, Digital TV, Gaming, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
CommScope RDK streamers included in Netflix scaling partner program
Dec 10, 2021 – CommScope has announced that its upcoming RDK-based VIP73xx streaming solutions will be included in Netflix’s DaVinci scaling partner program. Netflix launched the program during the Virtual IBC 2021 Show.
News categories: CommScope, Netflix, Joe Chow, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
ZTE debuted RDK and Common Broadcast Stack STBs at IBC 2021
Dec 7, 2021 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) launched two set-top boxes (STBs), its 4K IP STB ZXV10 B870V2J supporting Reference Design Kit (RDK) and its DVB hybrid STB ZXV10 B836CTSI-A20 supporting Common Broadcast Stack, at IBC 2021 held online.
News categories: ZTE Corp, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
Nov 20, 2021 – Antenna Hungária, in partnership with Azdio's mediaClass, has launched an advanced DTT service in Hungary. All programmes on the platform are available via DTT broadcast and IP linear TV with catch up and re-start, alongside VOD and SVOD services.
News categories: mediaClass, Antenna Hungária, Dr Arjang Zadeh, Gyöngyvér Gerlei, Zsolt Sárecz, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IBC2022, Terrestrial
In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
Nov 23, 2021 – IBC has announced that the in person IBC2021 event has been cancelled. The move follows growing concerns about the COVID-19 situation in The Netherlands, which has deteriorated over the past week, and feedback from the IBC exhibitor and visitor community.
News categories: IBC, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
Nov 19, 2021 – Broadpeak has taken the decision to withdraw its in-person participation at IBC2021 following announcements from the Dutch government imposing a partial lockdown in Amsterdam and from the IBC to move forward with the event.
News categories: Broadpeak, Jacques Le Mancq, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca won't physically exhibit at IBC2021
Nov 17, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that in light of the recent surge in COVID-19 cases and enhanced safety restrictions in the Netherlands the company will not physically participate in IBC2021.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Philippe Leonetti, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands
Irdeto withdraws from IBC 2021
Nov 17, 2021 – Irdeto has made the decision to withdraw from the IBC 2021 show. Irdeto does not believe that it is advisable to hold a very large indoor event in Amsterdam at this time and under the current circumstances.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands
Radix to launch updated Android TV Manager at IBC 2021
Nov 15, 2021 – Radix will exhibit live in-person at IBC showcasing its enterprise device management solutions, and launching a new version of its Android TV Manager, a tailor-made solution for telcos, operators and service providers.
News categories: Radix, Michael Shoham, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform