IBC2022 (IBC 2022): September 9-12, 2022: RAI, Amsterdam
Realtek first with a 4K STB SoC supporting VVC/H.266
Aug 29, 2022 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced the world's first 4K UHD set-top box SoC (RTD1319D) to support the latest video compression standard – Versatile Video Coding (VVC/H.266).
News categories: Realtek, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Media Player, Set Top Box, Worldwide
V-Nova releases LCEVC Native Development Kit for video SoCs and ASICs
Sep 12, 2022 – V-Nova as announced the availability of V-Nova LCEVC Native Development Kit (NDK) to accelerate the implementation and deployment of MPEG-5 LCEVC encoding and decoding on video systems-on-chip and dedicated ASICs.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Hisense selects Synaptics processor for AI-enabled always-on voice remote
Sep 9, 2022 – Synaptics (Nasdaq: SYNA) has announced that Hisense has selected Synaptics' DBM10L processor with dedicated neural processing unit (NPU) to implement an AI-enabled always-on voice (AOV) remote control unit (RCU).
News categories: Synaptics, Hisense, Venkat Kodavati, Shay Kamin Braun, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
SEI Robotics and Amlogic launch 8K set-top box
Sep 9, 2022 – The SEI 8K Box is developed by SEI Robotics and co-launched with Amlogic. It integrates 8K, an IoT Module, Google Assistant, Dolby Atmos, DTS, EQ and HDR10+ to provide users with a cinema-level audio and video smart home experience.
News categories: Amlogic, SEI Robotics, James Xie, Jeff Yin, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
Alpha Networks and Container Media announce OTT platform partnership
Sep 9, 2022 – Container Media has allied with Alpha Networks to expand the reach of its OTT video platform. Container Media will benefit of Alpha Networks’ experience in the pay-TV and entertainment industries to allow it to address new regions, starting with the Americas.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Box Brazil Group, Container Media, Guillaume Devezeaux, Cícero Aragon, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming
Allen Media Group plans DTC streaming strategy with Quickplay
Sep 8, 2022 – Allen Media Group and Quickplay have announced an agreement that paves the way for Allen Media Group's direct-to-consumer (DTC) streaming products, built using Quickplay's platform running on Google Cloud.
News categories: Quickplay, Allen Media, Paul Pastor, Byron Allen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Zappware launches 180+ games in partnership with AirConsole
Sep 9, 2022 – Zappware has announced a partnership with AirConsole, a cloud-based video game console developed by N-Dream. Casual gamers can play multiplayer AirConsole games using their smartphone as a controller – no other hardware is required.
News categories: Zappware, AirConsole, Ives Decraene, Anthony Cliquot, Digital TV, Gaming, IBC2022, Worldwide
GTPL selects Nagra to protect its OTT app
Sep 9, 2022 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it's OTT security solutions have been selected by GTPL Hathway, the largest multiple-system operator in India with more than 11 million connected homes, to ensure content protection for its OTT app.
News categories: Nagra, GTPL, Stéphane Le Dréau, Anirudhsinh Jadeja, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, India
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December