IBC2023 (IBC 2023): September 15-18, 2023: RAI, Amsterdam
Skyworth Digital to show RDK TV for operators at CES 2024
Oct 18, 2023 – After its launch at IBC 2023, Skyworth Digital is to show its Operator Tier RDK TV at CES 2024. The TV comes with a Lightning Launcher, Amazon Alexa and the AndApps app store from Consult Red.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Consult Red, CES2024, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
Sep 16, 2023 – TSTT has selected Zappware's NEXX 5 product suite to replace its legacy client. NEXX 5 features a UX multi-screen client framework and scalable back-office tools.
News categories: Zappware, TSTT, Ives Decraene, Lisa Agard, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
Sep 12, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its E300 video encoder IPs, built on a higher performance architecture with support for resolutions from 4K60 up to 8K120.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Silicon IP, Worldwide
ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
Sep 16, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) unveiled its next-generation Cloud Premium Video Platform (PVP) at IBC. Türk Telekom is using the solution to provide advanced experiences for its viewers.
News categories: ZTE, Türk Telekom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Turkey
Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
Sep 17, 2023 – Accedo has partnered with Magnifi by VideoVerse to bring AI-powered sports highlights to its Accedo Launcher. Accedo Launcher is a customizable Android TV experience for set-top boxes.
News categories: Accedo, Magnifi, Bleuenn Le Goffic, Meghna Krishna, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – Rokid has showcased its Rokid Station Android TV device at IBC 2023. Developed with HiMedia, the Rokid Station works with AR glasses to enable portable cinematic experiences anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Rokid, Hui Du, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
Sep 15, 2023 – NPAW has announced that it is to introduce the NPAW Device Probe (NDP), a tool previously developed by Nokia for quality assurance, integration testing, troubleshooting, and production of video solutions.
News categories: NPAW, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, QoE, Worldwide
Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – ENENSYS has partnered with Eutelsat to show streaming over 5G networks using DVB-NIP. DVB-NIP convergences broadband and broadcast to increase the reach of satellite and broadcast operations.
News categories: ENENSYS, Eutelsat, Laurent ROUL, Annamaria Recchia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Satellite
Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126
Sep 15, 2023 – Sercomm (TWSE: 5388) has announced the availability of Stiletto, the company's latest turnkey STB solution for RDK, the first RDK Video Accelerator solution based on Broadcom's BCM72126.
News categories: Sercomm, Broadcom, Amir Mobini, Lewis Brewster, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024