Silicon IP (CPU cores, audio/video IP, demodulator IP, …) News
Realtek selects Imagination GPU for DTV SoC
Jul 16, 2021 – Imagination Technologies has announced that Realtek has licensed the IMG B-Series BXE-4-32 GPU for inclusion in their latest digital television SoC, continuing the companies' longstanding relationship.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Realtek, Steve Evans, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Allegro DVT launches hardware-based VVC/H.266 decoder silicon IP
Jul 2, 2021 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AL-D320 video decoder semiconductor IP core supporting the latest Versatile Video Coding (VVC/H.266) format. The core also supports H.264 and HEVC.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases extended encoder and decoder IP variants
Mar 10, 2021 – The explosion in processing demands for video codecs in emerging verticals such as cloud gaming and automotive is pushing sample sizes from 8-bit to 10- and 12-bit and chroma sampling from 4:2:0 to 4:2:2 and 4:4:4.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gaming, In-Car, OTT, Silicon IP, Worldwide
VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
Mar 1, 2021 – VeriSilicon (688521.SH) has announced that its VC9000 and VIP9400 in combination now offer AI Video processing, real-time AI video content analysis, scene-based video encoding, and AI pixel enhancements.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Wei-Jin Dai, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
Jan 14, 2021 – Chips&Media has shared plans for its WAVE6 series of video codec IPs. The company is changing from a frame pipeline to an on-the-fly architecture to deliver ultra-low latency while providing maximum efficiencies.
News categories: Chips&Media, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT announces 8K video decoding IP family
Oct 1, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced the release of its AL-D3x0 family of multi-format 8K60 video decoder IPs. The cores are configurable supporting a variety of codecs such as JPEG, H.264, HEVC, VP9 and AV1.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Novatek 8K TV SoC integrates deserializer from Silicon Creations
Aug 13, 2020 – Silicon Creations has announced that its Deserializer PMA (Physical Media Attachment) technology has been deployed as a V-by-One HS receiver in a SoC designed by Novatek for an 8K digital TV application.
News categories: Silicon Creations, Novatek, Andrew Cole, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
Apr 2, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced the release of its AL-D21x family of video decoder IPs which adds support for the AV1 video format. This addition complements Allegro DVT’s previously announced AV1 video IP encoding solutions (AL-E21x).
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nathalie Brault, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Novatek adopts CEVA A/V DSP and software for Smart TV SoCs
Jan 6, 2020 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that Novatek has deployed its Audio DSP, voice front-end software, and speech recognition software to incorporate far-field voice wakeup and control functionality in its multi microphone enabled smart TV SoCs.
News categories: CEVA, Novatek, Moshe Sheier, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico