Silicon IP (CPU cores, audio/video IP, demodulator IP, …) News
Allegro DVT announces 8K video decoding IP family
Oct 1, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced the release of its AL-D3x0 family of multi-format 8K60 video decoder IPs. The cores are configurable supporting a variety of codecs such as JPEG, H.264, HEVC, VP9 and AV1.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Novatek 8K TV SoC integrates deserializer from Silicon Creations
Aug 13, 2020 – Silicon Creations has announced that its Deserializer PMA (Physical Media Attachment) technology has been deployed as a V-by-One HS receiver in a SoC designed by Novatek for an 8K digital TV application.
News categories: Silicon Creations, Novatek, Andrew Cole, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
Apr 2, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced the release of its AL-D21x family of video decoder IPs which adds support for the AV1 video format. This addition complements Allegro DVT’s previously announced AV1 video IP encoding solutions (AL-E21x).
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nathalie Brault, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Novatek adopts CEVA A/V DSP and software for Smart TV SoCs
Jan 6, 2020 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that Novatek has deployed its Audio DSP, voice front-end software, and speech recognition software to incorporate far-field voice wakeup and control functionality in its multi microphone enabled smart TV SoCs.
News categories: CEVA, Novatek, Moshe Sheier, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Xperi and TiVo to combine in all-stock transaction
Dec 19, 2019 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine to create a consumer and entertainment technology business with one of the industry’s largest intellectual property (IP) licensing platforms.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Xperi Corp, David Shull, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, MnA, Mobile, Patent, Silicon IP, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
Oct 16, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the acquisition of Amphion Semiconductor. The acquisition combines the capabilities of Allegro DVT's advanced video codec IPs with Amphion's silicon proven video decoder IPs.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Amphion Semi, Nouar Hamze, Stephen Farson, Digital TV, France, MnA, Silicon IP, UK, Worldwide
Verimatrix to sell Inside Secure silicon IP unit to Rambus
Sep 4, 2019 – Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX) has announced that it has entered into an exclusivity agreement to sell its Silicon IP and Secure Protocols business unit to Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) for a transaction consideration of $65 million in cash.
News categories: Verimatrix, Rambus, Amedeo D'Angelo, Luc Seraphin, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Amphion extends IP family to support AV1 video decoding up to 4K/UHD
May 9, 2019 – Amphion has announced an AV1 decoding extension to its Malone family of high performance video decoders for SoC implementation. AV1 is the video coding format capable of delivering up to 30% better compression rates versus formats such as HEVC and VP9.
News categories: Amphion, Stephen Farson, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Arteris IP interconnect licensed by Samsung for DTV chips
Apr 23, 2019 – Arteris IP has announced that Samsung’s System LSI Business has renewed multiple Arteris IP FlexNoC Interconnect licenses for use in multiple high-performance digital TV (DTV) processing chips utilizing Samsung’s latest semiconductor technology process nodes.
News categories: Arteris IP, Samsung, K. Charles Janac, Jaeyoul Lee, Digital TV, Korea, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic