Silicon IP (CPU cores, audio/video IP, demodulator IP, …) News
V-Nova releases LCEVC Native Development Kit for video SoCs and ASICs
Sep 12, 2022 – V-Nova as announced the availability of V-Nova LCEVC Native Development Kit (NDK) to accelerate the implementation and deployment of MPEG-5 LCEVC encoding and decoding on video systems-on-chip and dedicated ASICs.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Silicon IP, Worldwide
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2022, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
Jun 28, 2022 – Allegro DVT has announced that Synaptics has selected Allegro DVT's VVC test streams to ensure full compliance of Synaptics’ products with the new emerging VVC video compression standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Synaptics, Nathalie Brault, Craig Stein, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
Jun 16, 2022 – Allegro DVT has announced that its D310 AV1 Decoder silicon IP now supports 12-bit sample size and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling. Emerging applications such as cloud-gaming, automotive and screen mirroring will benefit from these new features to provide superior video quality.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
MediaTek TV SoC supports Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail
Mar 23, 2022 – MediaTek has announced that it is the first TV SoC vendor to support Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail. Precision Detail is a feature for TVs with Dolby Vision IQ, revealing detail in both bright and dark areas.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Alex Chen, Mathias Bendull, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Realtek launches image compression DTV SoC with Imagination
Mar 10, 2022 – Imagination Technologies has announced that its IMG B-Series BXE-4-32 GPU, with IMGIC image compression technology, has been integrated into Realtek's latest SoC, RTD2885N, and is currently shipping into significant digital television brands.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Realtek, Maxwell Lin, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
NVIDIA’s acquisition of Arm called off
Feb 8, 2022 – NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) and SoftBank have announced the termination of the previously announced transaction whereby NVIDIA would acquire Arm from SoftBank. The parties agreed to terminate the agreement because of significant regulatory challenges.
News categories: SoftBank, NVIDIA, Arm Limited, Masayoshi Son, Jensen Huang, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Chips&Media IPs achieve 1 billion cumulative shipments milestone
Aug 9, 2021 – Chips&Media has achieved 1 billion cumulative shipments of ICs containing its multimedia IPs. Chips&Media has launched numerous video codec hardware IPs since its establishment in 2003.
News categories: Chips&Media, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Realtek selects Imagination GPU for DTV SoC
Jul 15, 2021 – Imagination Technologies has announced that Realtek has licensed the IMG B-Series BXE-4-32 GPU for inclusion in their latest digital television SoC, continuing the companies' longstanding relationship.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Realtek, Steve Evans, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management