In-Car & Automotive News
Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market announce 2021 NEXTGEN TV plans
Jan 7, 2021 – Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market partners have announced a push this year that will initiate ATSC 3.0 services in nearly 20 more cities by the end of the summer.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Gracenote launches sports data widgets for CE and auto makers
Jan 6, 2021 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has launched live sports widgets, leveraging its sports data, designed to help smart TV and auto manufacturers enable dynamic sports experiences for fans at home or on-the-go.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, In-Car, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS Europe releases upgraded browser for cars
Dec 17, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has launched NetFront Browser BE for Car v3.0. The upgrade brings the latest standards support, security updates and media playback support to cars, including support for new Google services login requirements.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV 'Motown 3.0 Test Track' launched in Detroit
Dec 10, 2020 – Five local TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV in Detroit. The broadcast advance signals the beginning of another project – the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' for merging automotive applications with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
ACCESS brings DW news to connected vehicles
Dec 10, 2020 – ACCESS and DW have announced a partnership that sees news delivered in multiple formats to connected cars. The collaboration enables car users to access news updates as audio, video or text alerts via the ACCESS in-vehicle infotainment solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DW, Dr. Neale Foster, Sven Eckoldt, Christian Kuehne, Germany, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
Dec 3, 2020 – Vewd has announced support for Broadcast Markup Language (BML) and Hybridcast in Vewd Core. Vewd Core with BML and Hybridcast provides devices with a unified OTT and hybrid TV environment ready for the Japanese market.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Smart TV, UX
36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
Nov 18, 2020 – Shipments of vehicles with Android Automotive-based IVI systems will surpass shipments of cars with QNX-based systems in 2027, and with AGL-based systems in 2029, to reach 36 million units in 2030, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Maite Bazerra, James Hodgson, Stuart Carlaw, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Middleware
Vewd announces cloud-managed in-vehicle entertainment platform
Nov 17, 2020 – Vewd has announced Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled cloud-managed platform that brings streaming entertainment to car manufacturers and automotive infotainment platforms.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Worldwide
ACCESS announces BML browser on Android for cars
Nov 2, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced an enhancement to its NetFront Browser BML Edition for cars that extends support to Android. Broadcast Markup Language (BML) is essential for delivering interactive and TV services to the car in Japan.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Middleware
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand