In-Car & Automotive TV News
Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
Dec 5, 2023 – Gracenote has announced an automotive data platform developed to grant automakers easy access to the company's entertainment datasets to power differentiated in-car media experiences.
News categories: Gracenote, Trent Wheeler, Big Data, CES2024, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Xperi signs fourth Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS
Nov 13, 2023 – In its 3rd quarter 2023 results Xperi (NYSE: XPER) announced that it has signed a fourth Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS, and that Vestel is now shipping TiVo-powered Smart TVs under the JVC brand.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Rebound in Mini LED shipments expected in 2024
Nov 3, 2023 – According to TrendForce, the forecast for Mini LED TVs is positive, with continuous growth in shipment volumes expected. Shipments are projected to reach 6.21 million units by 2024.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Porsche expands infotainment partnership with Google
Oct 30, 2023 – Porsche will offer Google services in future vehicle generations. The integration will include Google Maps, Google Assistant and a range of apps available through the Google Play Store.
News categories: Porsche, Google, Oliver Blume, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Apps, In-Car, Worldwide
LG automotive content platform for Hyundai Genesis brand
Nov 1, 2023 – LG has announced that it will supply its in-vehicle infotainment system – featuring webOS for Automotive, with YouTube's native TV app – for Hyundai Motor's new Genesis models.
News categories: LG Electronics, Hyundai Motor, YouTube, Eun Seok-hyun, Kwon Hae-young, Tony Archibong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Xperi to bring Yahoo content to BMW in-car screens
Oct 30, 2023 – Yahoo has partnered with Xperi (NYSE: XPER) to bring Yahoo video content to Xperi's DTS AutoStage Video Service, with first deployment on BMW 5 series cars and future BMW models.
News categories: Xperi, Yahoo, BMW, Jeff Jury, Lara Davis, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Grey Juice Lab to support 3SS content ecosystem expansion
Oct 12, 2023 – 3SS has selected Grey Juice Lab as a partner to help scale and accelerate the onboarding of content partners to 3SS' 3Ready entertainment platform in automotive and operator environments.
News categories: 3SS, Grey Juice Lab, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, TV Services, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS partners with BMW on in-car video entertainment
Oct 10, 2023 – The first BMW cars have hit the road with ACCESS Europe's Twine4Car video entertainment for vehicles installed. Twine4Car provides access to a wide array of video and gaming options.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, BMW, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
Sep 26, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) has found that the average number of streaming services used by consumers in the US and Canada decreased from 11.6 in Q4 2022 to 10.9 in Q2 2023.
News categories: TiVo, Scott Maddux, Advertising, Broadcast, Canada, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond