Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
Nov 27, 2023 – TVs represent the dominant share of flat panel display demand. DSCC expects TV panel unit growth of 1%-2% per year with the average size increasing from 48.2” in 2023 to 51.6” in 2027.
News categories: DSCC, Bob O'Brien, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
Nov 28, 2023 – SVOD revenue in Japan is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% from $3.5 billion in 2022 to $6 billion in 2027, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
Nov 28, 2023 – TrendForce's latest research indicates a decline in global TV shipments to 197 million units in 2023 - a YoY decrease of 2.1%. Samsung continues to lead in TV shipments this year.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
Nov 28, 2023 – WSTS has revised its forecast, anticipating a single-digit contraction in the global semiconductor market of 9.4% in 2023, followed by a robust recovery, with growth of 13.1% in 2024.
News categories: WSTS, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
Nov 27, 2023 – Digital TV Research expects global SVOD subscriptions to increase by 321 million between 2023 and 2029 to reach 1.79 billion. The US will add 30 million, Brazil 23 million and India 27 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024
Nov 21, 2023 – Research from Ampere Analysis has found that global pay TV penetration will see its first yearly decline ever next year, with penetration then falling by almost 4 percentage points by 2028.
News categories: Ampere Analysis, Rory Gooderick, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, Worldwide
Around €21bn invested in European original content in 2022
Nov 21, 2023 – A report from the European Audiovisual Observatory has found that close to €21 billion was invested by broadcasters and streamers in European original content in 2022.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 465,000 subscribers in 3Q 2023
Nov 14, 2023 – Leichtman Research Grouphas found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 465,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2023, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 385,000 in 3Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Over half of U.S. consumers now solely stream content
Nov 16, 2023 – According to Inscape's Q3 2023 TV Market Trends report, in Q3 2023, 94% of total streaming time was driven by viewers who only (64.6%) or mostly (29%) streamed on their smart TVs.
News categories: Inscape, Ken Norcross, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, TV Services, USA
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024
- KC Global Media launches HD FAST channel on JioTV and JioTV+
- Telstra Broadcast Services and BT pool media network footprints
- Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
- MainConcept launches live encoder with VVC and LCEVC