Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
May 5, 2021 – At the Asia Video Industry Association's (AVIA) Future of Video India conference, industry leaders remained upbeat on the potential for growth despite a painful 2020 which had seen a 25% drop in TV advertising revenue.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Sunil Rayan, Megha Tata, Monika Shergill, Nimisha Pandey, Digital TV, India, Market Research
Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
May 4, 2021 – Apps processors from MediaTek were used in nearly 50% of the 151 million smart speakers and smart displays sold in 2020 according to Strategy Analytics. MediaTek increased its share by six percentage points in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
May 4, 2021 – According to IAB's 'Video Ad Spend 2020 and Outlook for 2021' report, digital video advertising growth continues. Connected TV (CTV) continues to outpace other formats and shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: IAB, Eric John, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
May 4, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, 15 million pay TV subscribers will be added between 2020 and 2026 to take the global total to 1.02 billion. 92 countries will add, and 46 countries will lose, subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
May 3, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) is working with LiveRamp to enhance its addressable advertising capability. LiveRamp's products include privacy-safe subscriber file matching, viewership, and measurement with Data+Math.
News categories: fuboTV, LiveRamp, Diana Horowitz, Pamela Duckworth, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
Apr 30, 2021 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three months ended March 31, 2021. Residential video customers decreased by 156,000 in Q1, finishing the quarter at 15.5 million.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
Apr 29, 2021 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the first quarter of 2021. The Video segment continued growing, reaching 3,436,267 subscribers at the end of 1Q21, up 24 thousand in the quarter.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Conviva releases Q1 2021 State of Streaming report
Apr 29, 2021 – According to a report from Conviva, global streaming viewing time grew 36% during Q1. While North America saw solid 18% Y-o-Y growth in viewing, the true streaming explosion occurred internationally.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Comcast cable video subscribers down 491,000 in 1Q 2021
Apr 29, 2021 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2021. Video customer net losses were 491,000. Peacock has 42 million sign-ups in the U.S. Sky customer relationships grew by 221,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021