Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
Jun 22, 2022 – Pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to grow marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.14%, from $6.5 billion in 2021 to $6.9 billion in 2026, mainly supported by the IPTV segment, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
Jun 22, 2022 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q1 2022. In Q1 2022, the number of UK households with access to an SVOD service reached 19.57 million UK homes (68.5% of households), an increase of almost 500k homes since Q4 2021.
News categories: BARB, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
Jun 21, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, U.S. pay-TV subscriptions and revenues are on a continuous decline as consumers embrace OTT services. The firm expects traditional pay-TV to decline to 76.7 million households by 2024, the lowest penetration in a decade and a 27% drop from 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
Jun 20, 2022 – According to PwC, the global entertainment and media (E&M) industry surged ahead last year, strongly outpacing global economic growth. Following a pandemic-related 2.3% decline in 2020, E&M revenue rose a strong 10.4% in 2021.
News categories: PwC, Werner Ballhaus, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
Jun 16, 2022 – In May, in the U.S., streaming viewership accounted for 31.9% of total television consumption, achieving a record-high share for the third consecutive month according to The Gauge, the monthly total TV viewing snapshot from Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN).
News categories: Nielsen, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
AppsFlyer and Liftoff release subscription apps report
Jun 14, 2022 – AppsFlyer, in partnership with Liftoff, has released the State of App Marketing for Subscription Apps. For entertainment streaming apps, North America deviated from the gloal growth trend with installs dropping 15% on Android and 17% on iOS.
News categories: AppsFlyer, Liftoff, Shani Rosenfelder, Dennis Mink, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
FAST advertising performance continues to excel according to Amagi
Jun 9, 2022 – Amagi has announced the fourth edition of its Global FAST Quarterly report, revealing that FAST ad engagement has seen significant growth in 2022, with native ad formats like Dynamic Brand Insertion (DBI) promising new avenues for monetization.
News categories: Amagi, Srinivasan KA, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Americans adopting ad-supported streaming at faster rate than subscription-based services
Jun 14, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced that AVOD services are seeing adoption at a faster rate than SVOD services, with a 29% increase in U.S. households streaming AVODs in 2022 compared to 2020 vs a 21% increase during the same period for SVODs.
News categories: Comscore, James Muldrow, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Airtel Xstream achieves 2 million paid subscriber milestone
Jun 13, 2022 – Airtel has announced that its video streaming service – Airtel Xstream - has reached the 2 million paid subscriber milestone. Airtel Xstream offers India’s largest bouquet of OTT platforms to consumers across mobile and large screen formats.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Subscribers
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform