Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
Sep 18, 2019 – The Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) study predicts that around 60 million TV households will access video on their TV exclusively through streaming within the next five years. If this happens, streamers will surpass traditional Pay TV viewers for the first time.
News categories: Roku, Matthew Anderson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
Sep 18, 2019 – Gross SVOD subscriptions increased by 139 million in 2018 to 508 million, up by 38%. The net subscriber count rose by 83 million in 2018 to reach 357 million, up31%, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
Sep 17, 2019 – New research from Parks Associates finds that subscriptions, formerly representing just over half of total online video spending in 2012, now account for nearly 86% of all U.S. internet spending on TV and movies.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
Sep 17, 2019 – According to Dataxis, among the 215 million households in the region, around 102 million have access to TV in 2018. Even though the penetration is progressing, TV has not yet fully penetrated into sub-Saharan African homes.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research
Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
Sep 16, 2019 – The average person will spend 100 minutes each day watching online video in 2021, up from 84 minutes this year, according to Zenith’s Online Video Forecasts 2019 report. That’s the equivalent of watching 25 continuous days of video in 2021.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Conviva launches Content Insights
Sep 12, 2019 – Conviva has announced the launch of Conviva Content Insights. The industry now has a way to understand the consumption patterns of streaming viewers across time, locations, content, apps and devices.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Robert Jones, Christine Weber, David Baron, Nick Grimwood, Brett Sappington, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases 2019 global findings
Sep 11, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with MTM, has released the global findings of the 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum. The report summarises insights collected from industry executives across four regions: Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and North America.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global pay TV subscriptions up, revenues down
Sep 11, 2019 – Digital TV Research forecasts 60 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2018 and 2024 to take the global total to 1.08 billion. China will provide 19 million and India 26 million. The US will lose 14.4 million pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Germany, India, Russia, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
SiTune ships two millionth 8K TV silicon tuner
Sep 9, 2019 – SiTune has announced that it has shipped more than 2 million of its STN6528 dual concurrent ISDB-S3 Satellite and Terrestrial/Cable tuner used in 8K TVs. The tuners have been used in 8K Time Shift TVs and Blue Ray Recorders.
News categories: SiTune, Ben Runyan, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos