Fibre / Fiber (FTTN, FTTC, FTTB, FTTH, FTTK, FTTP) News
Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
Nov 30, 2022 – Breezeline has extended its advanced fiber network into Durham, New Hampshire. The company has also introduced Breezeline Stream TV, a cloud-based service that integrates live TV, DVR, On Demand and streaming apps.
News categories: Breezeline, Aaron Brace, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
Jul 29, 2022 – Liberty Global and Telefónica, together with InfraVia Capital, have agreed to set up a JV that will roll out FTTH across the UK. The partnership will initially roll out fibre to homes not currently served by Virgin Media O2.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital, Mike Fries, José María Alvarez-Pallete, Vincent Levita, Content Distribution, Fibre, UK, Venture Capital
58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
Jul 4, 2022 – According to Anacom, in the first quarter of 2022, 94.0% of households in Portugal were pay-TV subscribers, up 0.4 percentage points from the same quarter of the previous year. The total number of subscribers was 4.4 million.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Airtel launches all-in-one fiber with 17 OTTs and 350 TV channels
May 30, 2022 – Airtel has launched three all-in-one plans built for the entertainment needs of today’s connected homes. The plans include subscriptions to 17 premium OTTs and 350+ TV channels together with unlimited data over fibre.
News categories: Airtel, Vir Inder Nath, Digital TV, Fibre, India, Set Top Box
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 71,000 in 4Q 2021
Feb 16, 2022 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2021. Altice finished with 2,732,300 residential video RGUs, down 71,000 in the quarter, compared to a loss of 74,000 in Q4 2020.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Results, Subscribers, USA
Netgem powers ZEOPTV streaming service in Réunion
Feb 16, 2022 – ZEOP has announced the launch of ZEOPTV in Réunion. ZEOPTV offers an entertainment streaming experience to fibre subscribers on any screen, including for the first time on the NetgemTV-powered platform on Apple TV and Android TV.
News categories: Netgem, ZEOP, Mathias Hautefort, Xavier Joseph, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Mascarene Islands
BrawBand selects Netgem TV to bring fibre and TV bundles to Scotland
Dec 17, 2021 – BrawBand has launched a 200 channel TV offering in partnership with Netgem TV. BrawBand Customers will also have access to Freeview Play in addition to a choice of 'add on' subscription apps, all via a 4K TV Box.
News categories: Netgem, BrawBand, Shan Eisenberg, David Siegel, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Box Broadband launches fibre TV service in UK with Netgem
Dec 15, 2021 – Box Broadband has launched its TV offering through a partnership with Netgem TV. Netgem TV complements the Freeview Play service with extra box sets and movies, and a choice of 'add on' subscription apps via a 4K TV Box and a mobile app.
News categories: Netgem, Box Broadband, Shan Eisenberg, Graham Sargood, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
Dec 6, 2021 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FYBR) has announced a partnership with YouTube TV offering Frontier customers a streaming solution that allows them to cut the cord and still watch premium live and on-demand content.
News categories: Frontier Communications, YouTube TV, John Harrobin, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management