Broadband (xDSL, DOCSIS, WiMax, FTTH, …) News
Telecom and pay-TV revenue in the Philippines to increase at a 2.7% CAGR
Oct 26, 2023 – Total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in the Philippines is expected to increase at a CAGR of 2.7%, from $42.3 billion in 2022 to $44.9 billion in 2027, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sarwat Zeeshan, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Philippines, TV Services
India telecom and pay-TV revenue to grow at 3.1% CAGR
Oct 24, 2023 – According to GlobalData, pay-TV revenues in India will decline over the 2022-2027 forecast period due to a continuing drop in cable TV, DTH and IPTV subscriptions and falling ARPU levels.
News categories: GlobalData, Sarwat Zeeshan, Broadband, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile, TV Services
EE announces shift to platform services
Oct 18, 2023 – EE has unveiled the first of a new suite of products and services, including a new set-top-box range and the availability of the EE TV service, with live channels, on Apple TV 4K.
News categories: EE, Marc Allera, Digital TV, Fibre, Gaming, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, UK
Heartland Video Systems unveils ATSC 3.0 datacasting solutions
Oct 12, 2023 – Heartland Video Systems (HVS) is collaborating with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to offer innovative options for distributing firmware, software and data via ATSC 3.0 datacasting.
News categories: Heartland Video Systems, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dennis Klas, Paolo Ceccherini, ATSC 3, Broadband, USA
Comcast first with multi-gigabit broadband powered by DOCSIS 4.0
Oct 12, 2023 – Comcast is to introduce the first residential customers to broadband powered by DOCSIS 4.0, delivering multi-gigabit symmetrical speeds to customers over the connections that already exist.
News categories: Comcast, Dave Watson, Elad Nafshi, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
Tele Columbus to receive €100 million of growth capital
Oct 11, 2023 – Tele Columbus has received commitments for €100 million to speed up its growth strategy which includes fibre optic network expansion and the launch of a new PŸUR TV platform in autumn 2023.
News categories: Tele Columbus, Markus Oswald, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Finance, Germany
FWA to help reduce digital divide in South-East Asia
Oct 10, 2023 – According to ABI Research, the Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) market in South-East Asia will constitute 7.87 million subscriptions by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 13% between 2023 and 2028.
News categories: ABI Research, Sarah Yong, Jake Saunders, 5G, Asia, Broadband, Market Research
Zattoo and Init7 launch fibre-plus-TV bundle in Switzerland
Aug 29, 2023 – Zattoo and Init7 have partnered to offer Zattoo Home in Switzerland, combining Init7's fast fibre-optic internet with hundreds of TV channels, in full HD, from Zattoo.
News categories: Zattoo, Init7, Constanze Gilles, Fredy Künzler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Switzerland
June 2023 edition of Ericsson Mobility Report released
Jun 21, 2023 – Despite geopolitical challenges and macroeconomic slowdown in some markets, CSPs worldwide are continuing to invest in 5G, the latest edition of the Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobility Report shows.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024