Taiwan Digital TV News
Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
Oct 29, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced that Realtek Semiconductor has selected Allegro DVT’s test streams to ensure compliance of Realtek’s products with the emerging VVC video compression standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Realtek, Nathalie Brault, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Taiwan, Worldwide
Novatek 8K TV SoC integrates deserializer from Silicon Creations
Aug 13, 2020 – Silicon Creations has announced that its Deserializer PMA (Physical Media Attachment) technology has been deployed as a V-by-One HS receiver in a SoC designed by Novatek for an 8K digital TV application.
News categories: Silicon Creations, Novatek, Andrew Cole, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
NAGRA secures TBC Android TV STB 4K service in Taiwan
Jun 17, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC) has selected NAGRA to secure its new Android TV 4K Ultra HD pay-TV service integrated with the Realtek system-on-chip (SoC) solution.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Realtek, Stéphane Le Dreau, Jimmy Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
HBO Go adds four distribution partners in Taiwan
May 5, 2020 – WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks & Sales has secured another four partners in Taiwan for the distribution of HBO GO. Its regional streaming service is now available to subscribers of Kbro, TWM Broadband, CABLE GIANT CATV and Pingnan CATV.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Clement Schwebig, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Taiwan
Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
Apr 8, 2020 – HBO GO has launched in Taiwan for the first time together with cable operator, Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC). In Asia, HBO GO is already available in Hong Kong, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Taiwan Broadband Communications, HBO GO, Clement Schwebig, Jimmy Chen, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Taiwan
One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
Feb 19, 2020 – A Coalition Against Piracy study of the online content viewing behaviour of Taiwanese consumers, has revealed that 33% of consumers have accessed streaming piracy websites or torrent sites to access premium content without paying any subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Thomas Ee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
Nov 8, 2019 – MediaTek (TWSE: 2454) and TSMC (TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) have announced that the industry’s first 8K digital TV SoC manufactured with 12nm technology, the MediaTek S900, has entered volume manufacturing with TSMC.
News categories: TSMC, MediaTek, Dr. Kevin Zhang, H.W. Kao, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
TV Panel makers cut capacity to reduce losses
Oct 7, 2019 – According to WitsView, Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese panel makers have all started to lower their utilization rates for TV panel products from September on, in order to improve severely unbalanced supply and demand, and stabilize prices.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan
Chunghwa Telecom selects Telestream for QoE & 4K media processing
Sep 23, 2019 – Chunghwa Telecom will adopt Telestream’s Vantage media processing platform for its 4K broadcast operations. At the same time, Chunghwa Telecom will ensure QoS standards are met using Telestream’s Vidchecker QC software for file-based media.
News categories: Telestream, Chunghwa Telecom, Alistair Butler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Taiwan
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.