Thailand Digital TV News
Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand
Jan 12, 2021 – Thailand's pay-TV market is set to recover and post an 8% growth in revenue in 2021 but will slow down again thereafter to post a moderate CAGR of 1.1% over the forecast period 2020-2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Anshika Gandotra, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Thailand
Chinese streaming platforms taking over SE Asian markets
Aug 25, 2020 – The Southeast Asian streaming industry has seen considerable changes this last year as Chinese streaming services have been taking over a large part of viewers and investing in local content, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Myanmar, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
Apr 6, 2020 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has announced the signing of a contract with Thailand’s 3BB TV to provide an IPTV service to the Southeast Asian kingdom. 3BB TV will combine its Triple T Broadband internet connection with the IPTV service.
News categories: KT Corp, 3BB, Kim Youngwoo, Subhoj Sunyabhisithkul, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
Mar 25, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) is rolling-out Testing Stations to provide data on the experience of its service on different devices and networks. The first started in Singapore at the end of 2019. Similar stations are planned for Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia.
News categories: iQIYI, Ye Tao, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, QoE, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand
Sep 13, 2019 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products, application development and integration services to one of the biggest Thai operators, True, for the launch of its True ID TV OTT service.
News categories: iWedia, True Corp, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand, UX
Pay-TV penetration in APAC set to decline marginally through 2023
Jul 29, 2019 – Cord-cutting in developed APAC is set to offset gains in DTH and IPTV in emerging APAC (South and Southeast Asia) and as a result, the overall region is forecast to witness a marginal decline in pay-TV household penetration from 67.4% in 2018 to 67.0% by the end of 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Malcolm Rogers, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Philippines, Subscribers, Thailand
HOOQ selects Brightcove to power live and on-demand video streaming
Jun 23, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that HOOQ has selected the Brightcove Video Platform as the underlying streaming solution to power its live and video-on-demand service to subscribers across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India.
News categories: Brightcove, HOOQ, Sara Larsen, Michael Fleishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MandA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand