Thailand Digital TV News
Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand
Jan 12, 2021 – Thailand's pay-TV market is set to recover and post an 8% growth in revenue in 2021 but will slow down again thereafter to post a moderate CAGR of 1.1% over the forecast period 2020-2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Anshika Gandotra, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Thailand
Chinese streaming platforms taking over SE Asian markets
Aug 25, 2020 – The Southeast Asian streaming industry has seen considerable changes this last year as Chinese streaming services have been taking over a large part of viewers and investing in local content, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Myanmar, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Altimedia supplies IPTV solutions to 3BB TV in Thailand with KT
Jun 2, 2020 – Working in partnership with KT, Altimedia has signed a contract to supply IPTV platforms with the 3BB TV Company Limited, a paid broadcasting service provider under Jasmine Group in Thailand.
News categories: Altimedia, 3BB TV, Park Do-sa, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Thailand
KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
Apr 6, 2020 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has announced the signing of a contract with Thailand’s 3BB TV to provide an IPTV service to the Southeast Asian kingdom. 3BB TV will combine its Triple T Broadband internet connection with the IPTV service.
News categories: KT Corp, 3BB, Kim Youngwoo, Subhoj Sunyabhisithkul, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
Mar 25, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) is rolling-out Testing Stations to provide data on the experience of its service on different devices and networks. The first started in Singapore at the end of 2019. Similar stations are planned for Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia.
News categories: iQIYI, Ye Tao, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, QoE, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand
Sep 13, 2019 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products, application development and integration services to one of the biggest Thai operators, True, for the launch of its True ID TV OTT service.
News categories: iWedia, True Corp, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand, UX
Pay-TV penetration in APAC set to decline marginally through 2023
Jul 29, 2019 – Cord-cutting in developed APAC is set to offset gains in DTH and IPTV in emerging APAC (South and Southeast Asia) and as a result, the overall region is forecast to witness a marginal decline in pay-TV household penetration from 67.4% in 2018 to 67.0% by the end of 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Malcolm Rogers, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Philippines, Subscribers, Thailand
HOOQ selects Brightcove to power live and on-demand video streaming
Jun 23, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that HOOQ has selected the Brightcove Video Platform as the underlying streaming solution to power its live and video-on-demand service to subscribers across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India.
News categories: Brightcove, HOOQ, Sara Larsen, Michael Fleishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.