Thailand Digital TV News
coocaa introduces Coolita OS Smart TV operating system
Sep 1, 2021 – coocaa has launched Coolita OS, the brand's self-developed smart TV operating system (OS). Initially available in SE Asian markets, the OS delivers a lighter, smoother, and more convenient user experience.
News categories: coocaa, Raul Hua, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Middleware, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
TrueVisions subscribers down 300,000 versus 2Q 2020
Aug 16, 2021 – True Group has reported results for second quarter of 2021. TruVisions has been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. TrueID expanded its entertainment portfolio with the launch of TrueID+.
News categories: True Group, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers, Thailand
ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
Jun 24, 2021 – ATEME has announced that it has provided a packaging and storage solution to AIS in Thailand. AIS has deployed ATEME’s NEA-DVR, a Cloud-ready solution with embedded distributed storage (EDS).
News categories: ATEME, AIS, Alexandre Arnodin, Visut Assawanonthawong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
Jun 22, 2021 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced a technology partnership with ByteArk, a CDN service provider in Thailand, to support customers looking to use video to connect with viewers all over the world.
News categories: Brightcove, ByteArk, Lynn D. Tinney, Somsak Sriprayoonsakul, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Thailand
AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
May 3, 2021 – AirConsole has announced a casual gaming partnership with True Digital Group, the digital arm of Thailand's True Corporation, for its TrueID TV service. AirConsole games use the player's smartphone as a game controller.
News categories: AirConsole, True Digital Group, Anthony Cliquot, Marco Guida, Android TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Thailand
Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand
Jan 12, 2021 – Thailand's pay-TV market is set to recover and post an 8% growth in revenue in 2021 but will slow down again thereafter to post a moderate CAGR of 1.1% over the forecast period 2020-2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Anshika Gandotra, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Thailand
Chinese streaming platforms taking over SE Asian markets
Aug 25, 2020 – The Southeast Asian streaming industry has seen considerable changes this last year as Chinese streaming services have been taking over a large part of viewers and investing in local content, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Streaming, Thailand, Vietnam
Altimedia supplies IPTV solutions to 3BB TV in Thailand with KT
Jun 2, 2020 – Working in partnership with KT, Altimedia has signed a contract to supply IPTV platforms with the 3BB TV Company Limited, a paid broadcasting service provider under Jasmine Group in Thailand.
News categories: Altimedia, 3BB TV, Park Do-sa, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Thailand
KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
Apr 6, 2020 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has announced the signing of a contract with Thailand’s 3BB TV to provide an IPTV service to the Southeast Asian kingdom. 3BB TV will combine its Triple T Broadband internet connection with the IPTV service.
News categories: KT Corp, 3BB, Kim Youngwoo, Subhoj Sunyabhisithkul, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor