Italy Digital TV News
CHILI to be available on the TIM Box in Italy
Sep 30, 2019 – TIM and CHILI have signed an agreement that will make CHILI also available on the TIM Box. From October, TIM customers will be able to access the CHILI catalogue and choose from a wide range of titles that can be paid for directly through their bill.
News categories: TIM, CHILI, Apps, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box
Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
Sep 18, 2019 – Facebook is expanding its Portal family of home video-calling devices with three new models: Portal, Portal Mini and Portal TV. Portal TV brings smart video-calling to the largest screen in the home.
News categories: Facebook, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Italy, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain, Tablet, UK, USA
Vodafone extends deployment of NAGRA across its operating companies
Sep 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed its cloud-based Security Services Platform, NAGRA cloud.SSP, to help protect Vodafone TV services across a large number of operating companies, including Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Romania.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain
Sky Italia to deliver new video streaming service with Harmonic
Sep 12, 2019 – Sky Italia will launch a video streaming service using Harmonic's cloud-native media processing software and content-aware encoding (CAE) technology. The Harmonic solution is integrated into Sky Italia's hybrid cloud streaming platform.
News categories: Harmonic, Sky Italia, Ian Graham, Gabriele Ubertini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite
SVOD offsets fall in pay TV revenues in Italy
Aug 20, 2019 – 2019 is expected to be a stellar year for both SVOD and Box Office, offsetting a lacklustre year for transactional home video and Pay-TV markets, according to the latest Italian video insights market report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Italy, Market Research, OTT
Italy publishes roadmap for transition to DVB-T2/MPEG-4
Jul 22, 2019 – Italy's Ministry of Economic Development has published a roadmap for the country's transition to DVB-T2 / MPEG-4 digital terrestrial TV broadcasting. MPEG-4 is to be introduced in the last quarter of 2021 and DVB-T2 in 2022.
News categories: Ministero dello sviluppo economico, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy, Terrestrial
3.5 million active smartcards for Tivùsat
Jul 3, 2019 – Tivùsat has announced that, as it celebrates ten years of operation, it now has 3.5 million active smartcards with the average number of viewers accessing the service each day put at 4.5 million.
News categories: Tivùsat, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
AdScribe supports Publitalia '80 HbbTV advertising in Italy
Jun 19, 2019 – AdScribe has announced that it has brought targeted advertising to Italian television viewers on compatible HbbTV devices. In partnering with AdScribe, Publitalia '80 is now capable of displaying more creative output to engage brands' customers.
News categories: AdScribe, Publitalia '80, Donal O'Connor, Paola Colombo, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Italy, UX
Flix Snip expands to Spain and Italy on Huawei Video
Jun 11, 2019 – Short-form content app and VOD service Flix Snip has announced that its content is now available in Spain and Italy as part of the Huawei Video SVOD service. This follows Flix Snip’s recent launch in Russia on the MegaFon and Rostelecom platforms.
News categories: Flix Snip, Huawei, Sebastien Perioche, Jaime Gonzalo, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Spain
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware