Italy Digital TV News
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
Enensys and Electrolink provide transmitters to Rai Way for DVB-T2 refarming
Jan 18, 2023 – ENENSYS and ELECTROLINK have delivered to Rai Way all the DVB-T/T2 transmitter systems, operating in the regions of Abruzzo, Lazio and Liguria, related to the refarming project in Italy.
News categories: Enensys, Electrolink, Rai Way, Christophe Trolet, Danilo Capponi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy
Ateme and ENENSYS support Rai Way's transition to DVB-T2
Jan 10, 2023 – Ateme and ENENSYS have combined their video distribution expertise to enable Rai Way, the RAI TV network operator, to start the Refarming project which will end with the transition to the DVB-T2 standard.
News categories: ENENSYS, Ateme, Rai Way, Cyprien Galesne, Carlo Romagnoli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
TCL introduces Smart TVs with Fire TV built-in
Oct 27, 2022 – TCL Electronics (1070.HK) has announced a strategic agreement with Amazon to build a series of smart TVs with Fire TV built-in. TCL will launch the 4K QLED smart TVs in Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK.
News categories: TCL Electronics, Amazon, Frédéric Langin, Eric Saarnio, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS, UK
Samsung announces Tizen OS Smart TV licensing partnerships
Oct 10, 2022 – Samsung has announced partnerships with ODM companies such as Atmaca, HKC and Tempo to enable non-Samsung TVs to use Tizen OS. TVs from Bauhn, Linsar, Sunny, Vispera and other brands will be available this year.
News categories: Samsung, Yongjae Kim, Australia, Digital TV, Italy, New Zealand, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, TV OS, UK
Comscore adds CTV measurement to video metrics platform in Europe
Jun 6, 2022 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has added CTV measurement to its Video Metrix Multi-Platform product, including YouTube traffic sharing measurement, for Spain and the UK. The report will also be included in June for Italy, and for France and Germany in July 2022.
News categories: Comscore, Joris Goossens, Graham Swallow, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Streaming, UK
Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro (LNP) extends contract with ViewLift
Jun 2, 2022 – Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro (LNP) has signed a contract extension with ViewLift to continue and extend the League's subscription service, LNP Pass. ViewLift will accelerate LNP’s digitalization and monetization of LNP Pass as part of the agreement.
News categories: ViewLift, Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro, Rick Allen, Riccardo Quaglia, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023