Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
Jan 19, 2021 – The Pearl TV broadcaster business group has applauded the decision by the FCC to give broadcasters more flexibility when using a Distributed Television System (DTS) for NEXTGEN TV broadcasts using ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Federal Communications Commission, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
Cabinet revises guidelines for providing DTH services in India
Dec 23, 2020 – The Union Cabinet has approved a proposal for revision of the guidelines for obtaining license for providing Direct-To-Home (DTH) broadcasting service in India.
News categories: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite
FCC seeks to expedite release of new devices and technologies
Dec 10, 2020 – The FCC has proposed enhancements to its rules to grant limited, early-stage flexibility to innovators to accelerate the deployment of consumer devices like cellphones, laptops, and Wi-Fi routers after FCC authorization.
News categories: FCC, CPE, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
FCC updates rules to encourage ATSC 3.0 Broadcast Internet services
Dec 10, 2020 – The FCC has issued a Report and Order updating its rules to promote the introduction of ATSC 3.0-enabled innovative ancillary and supplementary broadcast services, otherwise known as Broadcast Internet.
News categories: FCC, ATSC 3, Broadband, Content Distribution, Regulation, USA
EU accepts competition commitments by Broadcom for modem and STB markets
Oct 7, 2020 – Broadcom will suspend all existing agreements containing exclusivity or quasi-exclusivity arrangements and/or leveraging provisions concerning SoCs for TV set-top boxes and Internet modems.
News categories: European Commission, Broadcom, CPE, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
Jun 30, 2020 – The FCC has formally designated Huawei and ZTE as covered companies for the purposes of the agency’s ban on the use of universal service support to purchase equipment or services from companies posing a national security threat.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai, Regulation, USA
FCC clarifies Broadcast Internet rules for ATSC 3.0
Jun 9, 2020 – The Federal Communications Commission, in a Declaratory Ruling, has clarified that television station ownership restrictions do not apply to the lease of spectrum to provide Broadcast Internet services.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
May 18, 2020 – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr has announced that the FCC will vote on his plan to promote the build out of Broadcast Internet services, enabled by ATSC 3.0 and delivered over an efficient one-to-many architecture.
News categories: FCC, Dennis Wharton, Jamie Susskind, ATSC 3, Broadband, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
EU approves Canal Digital-Viasat Consumer joint venture
Apr 30, 2020 – The European Commission has approved the combination of Canal Digital, Telenor Group’s satellite pay-TV business, with Viasat Consumer, Nordic Entertainment Group’s satellite pay-TV and broadband-TV business.
News categories: Telenor, NENT Group, Jørgen C. Arentz Rostrup, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Norway, Regulation, Satellite, Sweden
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021