Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
Nov 29, 2023 – The Australian Government is to introduce 'must carry' obligations to reduce the risk of FTA broadcasting services being crowded out by larger, international services operating in the Australian market.
News categories: Australian Government, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, Smart TV, UX
DVB Project elects new Steering Board
Nov 13, 2023 – The General Assembly of the DVB Project has elected a new Steering Board to serve for the coming two years. It includes representatives of 43 companies across DVB's four member constituencies.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ofcom issues call for evidence on future of TV distribution
Oct 17, 2023 – Ofcom has issued a call for evidence, seeking input on how the TV distribution market will develop, and the key questions for UK regulators and Government that may arise.
News categories: Ofcom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Regulation, TV Services, UK
TRAI releases Consultation Paper on OTT regulation
Jul 7, 2023 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released a Consultation Paper on regulation of OTT communication services. Comments are to be submitted by August 4, 2023.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Streaming
FCC & NAB to collaborate on completing transition to ATSC 3.0
Apr 17, 2023 – FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel has announced a 'The Future of TV' initiative, led by the NAB, to identify a roadmap to orderly transition from ATSC 1.0 to ATSC 3.0-based services.
News categories: FCC, National Association of Broadcasters, Jessica Rosenworcel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Regulation, USA
Rogers and Shaw merger receives final regulatory approval
Mar 31, 2023 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have announced that their merger is expected to close prior to the outside date of April 7, 2023 after receiving final regulatory approval.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Rogers Communications, Brad Shaw, Tony Staffieri, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
TRAI releases recommendations in support of local TV equipment manufacturing
Mar 31, 2023 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has issued recommendations on promoting local manufacturing in the TV broadcasting sector aiming to support indigenous equipment production.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV
FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
Mar 22, 2023 – The FCC has proposed requiring cable operators and DBS providers to clearly specify the 'all-in' price for video programming service in their promotional materials and on subscribers' bills.
News categories: FCC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, USA
EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
Mar 20, 2023 – The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange. The approval is conditional on full compliance with a commitments package offered by Orange.
News categories: European Commission, Orange, VOO, Brutélé, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward