FTC charges Broadcom with illegal monopolization
Jul 5, 2021 – The Federal Trade Commission has issued a complaint charging Broadcom with illegally monopolizing markets for semiconductor components used to deliver TV and broadband internet services through exclusive dealing and related conduct.
News categories: Federal Trade Commission, Broadcom, Holly Vedova, CPE, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
Jan 19, 2021 – The Pearl TV broadcaster business group has applauded the decision by the FCC to give broadcasters more flexibility when using a Distributed Television System (DTS) for NEXTGEN TV broadcasts using ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Federal Communications Commission, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
Cabinet revises guidelines for providing DTH services in India
Dec 23, 2020 – The Union Cabinet has approved a proposal for revision of the guidelines for obtaining license for providing Direct-To-Home (DTH) broadcasting service in India.
News categories: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite
FCC seeks to expedite release of new devices and technologies
Dec 10, 2020 – The FCC has proposed enhancements to its rules to grant limited, early-stage flexibility to innovators to accelerate the deployment of consumer devices like cellphones, laptops, and Wi-Fi routers after FCC authorization.
News categories: FCC, CPE, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
FCC updates rules to encourage ATSC 3.0 Broadcast Internet services
Dec 10, 2020 – The FCC has issued a Report and Order updating its rules to promote the introduction of ATSC 3.0-enabled innovative ancillary and supplementary broadcast services, otherwise known as Broadcast Internet.
News categories: FCC, ATSC 3, Broadband, Content Distribution, Regulation, USA
EU accepts competition commitments by Broadcom for modem and STB markets
Oct 7, 2020 – Broadcom will suspend all existing agreements containing exclusivity or quasi-exclusivity arrangements and/or leveraging provisions concerning SoCs for TV set-top boxes and Internet modems.
News categories: European Commission, Broadcom, CPE, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
Jun 30, 2020 – The FCC has formally designated Huawei and ZTE as covered companies for the purposes of the agency’s ban on the use of universal service support to purchase equipment or services from companies posing a national security threat.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai, Regulation, USA
FCC clarifies Broadcast Internet rules for ATSC 3.0
Jun 9, 2020 – The Federal Communications Commission, in a Declaratory Ruling, has clarified that television station ownership restrictions do not apply to the lease of spectrum to provide Broadcast Internet services.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
May 18, 2020 – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr has announced that the FCC will vote on his plan to promote the build out of Broadcast Internet services, enabled by ATSC 3.0 and delivered over an efficient one-to-many architecture.
News categories: FCC, Dennis Wharton, Jamie Susskind, ATSC 3, Broadband, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl