EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
Mar 20, 2023 – The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange. The approval is conditional on full compliance with a commitments package offered by Orange.
News categories: European Commission, Orange, VOO, Brutélé, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
i-CABLE Communications surrenders Hong Kong pay TV licence
Feb 14, 2023 – i-CABLE Communications (Stock Code: 1097) has announced that its subsidiary, Hong Kong Cable Television, has surrendered its pay TV licence. The Group will continue to provide free TV programme services and other businesses as usual.
News categories: i-CABLE Communications, TSANG On Yip, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Regulation
EU clears creation of DT, Orange, Telefónica, Vodafone ad-tech JV
Feb 10, 2023 – The EU has approved unconditionally the creation of a JV by Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Telefónica and Vodafone. The JV will offer a platform that generates a unique code allowing brands and publishers to recognize users on their websites or applications.
News categories: European Commission, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, EU, France, Germany, Italy, Regulation, Spain, UK
Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
Jan 18, 2023 – The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago has announced the adoption of ATSC 3.0 as the standard for free-to-air digital terrestrial television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Regulation, Trinidad and Tobago
New BIS standard for TV receivers requires built in satellite tuner
Jan 9, 2023 – The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has published a standard for TV receivers, enabling satellite TV reception without the need for a set-top box. Doordarshan is in the process of phasing out analog transmission, but will continue to broadcast on satellite.
News categories: Bureau of Indian Standards, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite, Smart TV
Australia consults on prioritising local TV services on connected TV devices
Dec 23, 2022 – The significant uptake of Smart TVs and other connected devices in Australia demonstrates the challenge that exists for Australian TV services. Establishing a prominence framework will ensure that local TV services and content can be easily found.
News categories: Australian Government, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, UX
EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
Sep 15, 2022 – The European Commission has presented a proposal for a Cyber Resilience Act. It introduces mandatory cybersecurity requirements for products with digital elements, throughout their whole lifecycle.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, Hardware, Regulation, Software
European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
May 10, 2022 – The European VOD Coalition has been launched to give a voice to the European audiovisual streaming sector. It will engage with policy makers and regulators on behalf of companies who invest in and distribute audiovisual content in Europe.
News categories: European VOD Coalition, Julia Maxwell, Digital TV, Europe, Regulation, Streaming
EU proposes Chips Act to support semiconductor security of supply
Feb 8, 2022 – The European Commission has proposed a set of measures, the Chips Act, to ensure the EU's security of supply, resilience and technological leadership in semiconductor technologies and applications.
News categories: European Commission, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania