EU (European Union) Digital TV News
health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
May 31, 2023 – Amagi has announced that health tv, a German private television station owned by the hospital group Asklepios, is making its foray into FAST using Amagi's cloud solutions.
News categories: Amagi, health tv, Srinivasan KA, Marina Gunesch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
May 29, 2023 – Coinciding with regional and local elections, and thanks to technology from The Channel Store, EL PAIS began broadcasting daily live coverage of the elections on its FAST channel.
News categories: The Channel Store, El País, Fernando García Calvo, Carlos de Vega, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
May 23, 2023 – Insys Video Technologies and Bitmovin have partnered on a solution to stream live content and secure videos with Cloud DRM, by integrating Insys' Cloud Video Kit with the Bitmovin Player.
News categories: Insys Video, Bitmovin, Piotr Czekała, David Rushton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Netgem releases trading update
May 25, 2023 – Netgem has released a trading update. The total number of subscribers to the Group's services amounted to 609,000 at the end of April 2023, a growth rate of more than 30% over 12 months.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
May 24, 2023 – Player.pl is now available on Xbox One and Xbox series devices in Poland. The service operates on the Redge Media platform, a white label video streaming solution for content distributors.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Player.pl, Mateusz Zawiślak, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
May 24, 2023 – Chopin Cable Television has selected the NAGRA OpenTV Video Platform to power its new streaming proposition. Chopin will also wholesale the service to other mid-sized operators across Poland.
News categories: NAGRA, Chopin, Olivier Met, Bogdan Laga, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, UX
Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
May 23, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Tele Columbus has selected NAGRA as its solution provider and prime integrator to launch its new hybrid cable and multiscreen solution, PŸUR TV.
News categories: NAGRA, Tele Columbus, 3SS, Sagemcom, Nancy Goldberg, Markus Oswald, Stefan Blickensdoerfer, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
XroadMedia to power personalization at Dutch regional broadcasters
May 22, 2023 – Regiogroei, a partnership of 10 Dutch regional media broadcasters, has announced a project with XroadMedia to replace their existing recommendation solution with a more advanced alternative.
News categories: XroadMedia, Regiogroei, Adolf Proidl, Christjan Knijff, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, UX
willy.tel and wilhelm.tel select ocilion's IPTV solution
May 17, 2023 – willy.tel and wilhelm.tel have expanded their existing TV offering for the Hamburg metropolitan region with IPTV products based on ocilion's white-labeled cloud solution.
News categories: ocilion, willy.tel, wilhelm.tel, Hans Kühberger, Bernd Thielk, Arne Mietzner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media