EU (European Union) Digital TV News
Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
Jan 17, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Video Solutions AG has partnered with it to launch, distribute and monetize two AVOD channels – one in Germany and one in UK - on Samsung TV Plus, LG, Phillips, TCL, and Xiaomi.
News categories: Amagi, Video Solutions AG, Srinivasan KA, Chris Sharp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
Jan 10, 2022 – Greek state TV broadcaster, ERT, has launched the latest version of its ERTFLIX OTT platform. The new backend implementation and updated interface are the result of cooperation with Telmaco and Insys Video Technologies.
News categories: Insys Video, Telmaco, ERT S.A., Ernest Kałaczyński, Constantinos Moraitis, Ioannis Vougiouklakis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Streaming, UX
Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
Jan 11, 2022 – Canal+ has launched OTT low-latency streaming on Apple TV 4K thanks to ATEME's NEA solution. Canal+ subscribers are now able to watch sports in HD through the myCANAL app with almost no delay compared to broadcast delivery.
News categories: ATEME, Canal+, Damien Lucas, Philippe Rivas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
HBO Nordic adds 635,000 subscribers following Max launch
Jan 11, 2022 – According to Mediavision, the launch of HBO Max has resulted in HBO Nordics gaining more than 635,000 new subscribing households. HBO has thereby reclaimed its position as the third biggest SVOD service in the Nordics.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Subscribers, Sweden
Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM
Jan 11, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that TIM is optimizing live sports OTT delivery with a multicast ABR (mABR) solution from Broadpeak. Using the solution, TIM is delivering live third-party sports content to subscribers with improved QoE.
News categories: Broadpeak, CVE, TIM, Jacques Le Mancq, Luca Catalano, Crescenzo Micheli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
FuboTV paid subscribers at more than 1.1 million
Jan 10, 2022 – fuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) has announced preliminary Q4 2021 results. Paid subscribers at year-end are expected to exceed 1,100,000, up more than 100% year-over-year. Full year 2021 total revenue is expected to be $622-627 million.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Canada, Digital TV, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Telia Company agrees to sell Telia Latvia to Tet
Jan 4, 2022 – Telia Company has agreed to sell Telia Latvija to Tet SIA at a price corresponding to an enterprise value of €10.75 million on a cash and debt free basis. The transaction is expected to close during the second quarter of 2022.
News categories: Telia Company, Tet, Andreas Ekström, Uldis Tatarcuks, Latvia, MandA
Orange Belgium to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO
Dec 24, 2021 – Orange Belgium has signed an agreement with Nethys to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO SA. With the acquisition of VOO, Orange Belgium will gain a very high-speed network in Wallonia and part of Brussels.
News categories: Orange, VOO, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Xavier Pichon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Telenet extends agreement with Liberty Global for Horizon 4 platform
Dec 20, 2021 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has announced a one-year extension of its agreement with Liberty Global Technology Services under which the Horizon 4 video platform and the related Horizon Go application is made available to the Telenet group.
News categories: Telenet, Liberty Global, Apps, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver