EU (European Union) Digital TV News
German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
Aug 3, 2021 – The market for pay TV and paid video ion Germany continues to show highly-dynamic growth according to VAUNET. Revenues generated by pay TV und paid VoD reached a total volume of 4.2 billion euros in 2020.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Hannes Heyelmann, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
Jul 27, 2021 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) and EKT have agreed terms for the transfer of EKT's Athens based Advanced Media Group to OBS. The EKT team has more than a decade's experience in streaming video, media players and browser-based solutions.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, EKT, Paul Martin, Richard Smith, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Set Top Box, Software, Worldwide
Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
Jul 23, 2021 – Samba TV has announced the launch of its global Real-time TV Viewership Dashboard, an interactive TV analytics dashboard featuring geographic and demographic analysis of viewership in real-time across the world.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Chad Stoller, Mike Law, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, UK, USA
TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
Jul 21, 2021 – Caracol TV has selected the TheViewPoint's video ad monetization platform. Caracol TV owns Canal Caracol, aired in Colombia, and Caracol Internacional that broadcasts in the Americas, as well as in Spain and the Caribbean.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Caracol TV, Keren Pass, Advertising, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, OTT, Spain
Deutsche Telekom to offer MagentaTV on Apple TV 4K
Jul 16, 2021 – From July 20, 2021 Deutsche Telekom will be offering MagentaTV in combination with an Apple TV 4k media player. The package includes an exclusive remote control that has been optimized for MagentaTV.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apple, Michael Schuld, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
RMB displays personalised ads during Euro 2020 with Smart AdServer
Jul 15, 2021 – Smart has announced that Régie Média Belge (RMB) relied on its Smart AdServer solution to activate linear TV ad replacement on live streams for desktop and mobile apps during Euro 2020 ad breaks.
News categories: Smart AdServer, Régie Média Belge, Gerald Sauvageon, Valérie Janssens, Advertising, Belgium, Digital TV
Sagemcom develops IP/DVB-T2 Android TV STB for TIM
Jul 13, 2021 – Sagemcom has launched an IP/DVB-T2 Ultra HD Set-top Box for TIM. The device gives access to TIM entertainment services as well as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube and much more.
News categories: Sagemcom, TIM, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
United Group to buy majority stake in Optima Telekom
Jul 12, 2021 – United Group has reached a deal with Hrvatski Telekom and Zagrebacka Banka to acquire a majority stake in the Croatian operator Optima Telekom. Optima Telekom has 55,000 pay TV customers.
News categories: Telemach, Optima Telekom, United Group, Adrian Ježina, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
Magyar Telekom extends AMOS-3 DTH agreement with Spacecom
Jul 7, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that T-Home DTH has signed an extension contract with Spacecom. T-Home DTH broadcasts over 160 channels to Hungary, including over 30 in HD, via the AMOS fleet at the 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, Magyar Telekom, Oren Tepper, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform