EU (European Union) Digital TV News
Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
Apr 13, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Vodafone España has enabled TiVo’s Sponsored Discovery product across the Vodafone TV (VTV) platform in Spain, giving content owners a new way to promote content on the platform.
News categories: TiVo, Vodafone, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
Apr 9, 2021 – Samba TV's first-party Connected TV data will be integrated with PubMatic's (Nasdaq: PUBM) advertising platform to provide media buyers with omniscreen targeting in the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and France.
News categories: Samba TV, PubMatic, Ashwin Navin, David Barker, Emma Newman, Advertising, Big Data, France, Germany, Italy, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
Apr 7, 2021 – The GSMA and the Government of Spain have announced an agreement to allow MWC21 Barcelona registrants to enter Spain to attend the in-person event. MWC21 Barcelona will also be a hybrid event for the first time.
News categories: GSMA, John Hoffman, Mobile, MWC21, Spain, Worldwide
Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
Apr 7, 2021 – Delta Fiber Netherlands has chosen Agama's end-to-end video monitoring and analytics solution to be deployed across its video delivery network and across all device types (STB, iOS, Android and web).
News categories: Agama, Delta Fiber Netherlands, Mikael Dahlgren, Bart Smeels, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, QoE, Set Top Box
Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
Apr 6, 2021 – Ekstraklasa, the Polish top tier football league, has chosen Red Bee Media as technology partner for the development of its Ekstraklasa.TV streaming platform. The evolution of Ekstraklasa.TV will commence this season.
News categories: Red Bee, Ekstraklasa, Steve Nylund, Marcin Animucki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Worldwide
Kantar and Ipsos to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands
Mar 30, 2021 – Kantar and Ipsos have won contracts to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands. Working with NMO, the solution is the world's first truly integrated audience measurement programme.
News categories: Kantar, Ipsos, Nationaal Media Onderzoek, Serge Lupas, Liz Landy, Johan Smit, Harry Dekker, Advertising, Digital TV, Netherlands
4iG considering acquisition of DIGI Group's Hungarian operations
Mar 29, 2021 – Digi Communications has announced that its Romanian subsidiary and 4iG have entered into a preliminary, non-binding agreement regarding the acquisition of Digi Hungary and its subsidiaries, Invitel and I TV.
News categories: Digi Communications, 4iG, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA
Grupo MÁSMÓVIL to acquire Euskaltel
Mar 28, 2021 – Grupo MÁSMÓVIL has announced the launch of a public acquisition offer (OPA) for 100% of the shares of Euskaltel. MÁSMÓVIL already has agreement from shareholders owning 52.32% of Euskaltel's share capital.
News categories: MásMóvil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
Altibox expands Agama monitoring to second screen devices
Mar 25, 2021 – Altibox has extended its Agama monitoring to include support for OTT companion devices. Agama is now responsible for monitoring, analytics and assurance across all types of devices.
News categories: Agama, Altibox, Mikael Dahlgren, Petter Røisland, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, QoE, TV Everywhere
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting