Hungary Digital TV News
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, UK
M7 selects NAGRA content protection
Nov 4, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Canal+ Group has selected NAGRA content protection to secure the pay TV services of M7, the satellite operator it acquired in 2019, across new and legacy set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ Group, M7 Group, Thierry LeGrand, Jérôme Trift, Austria, Belgium, Content Protection, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Antenna Hungária selects ENENSYS gateway for DVB-T/T2 network
Jun 17, 2020 – ENENSYS has played a role in Antenna Hungaria’s (AHRT) MinDig TV Extra service transition to DVB-T2. AHRT chose ENENSYS’ DVB-T and DVB-T2 Gateway solution to implement its Single Frequency Network.
News categories: ENENSYS, Antenna Hungaria, Laurent Le Dem, Zsolt ÁRKI, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Hungary, Terrestrial
DIGI | RCS & RDS deploys NAGRA cardless CAM in Romania and Hungary
Sep 4, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that cable and satellite operator DIGI | RCS & RDS has deployed NAGRA cardless content protection technology in a conditional access module (CAM) by SmarDTV in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: NAGRA, RCS & RDS, SmarDTV, Thierry Legrand, Valentin Popoviciu, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019
Aug 8, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the second quarter of 2019. In Germany, 58,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.477 million, an increase of 7.3 percent compared with June 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global Vodafone deal completed
Jul 31, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has completed the sale of its operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone for approximately €19.0 billion on a U.S. GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, Vodafone, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MandA, Romania
Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
Jul 18, 2019 – European Commission has announced its final approval of the sale of Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone Group. The transaction, announced May 9, 2018, has a total enterprise value of approximately €19 billion [$21.5] billion, on a GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, European Commission, Vodafone, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, EU, Germany, Hungary, MandA, Regulation, Romania
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Netherlands, OTT, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand