Hungary Digital TV News
4iG selects NAGRA to launch entertainment services in Hungary
Sep 13, 2023 – 4iG, through its subsidiaries Vodafone Hungary, DIGI Hungary and Antenna Hungaria, has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) as system integrator and solution partner for its migration to next-generation TV services.
News categories: NAGRA, 4iG, Nancy Goldberg, Tamás Bányai, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hungary, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
RTL finishes Q1 2023 with 5.9 million streaming subscribers
May 4, 2023 – RTL Group has published results for the first three months of 2023. As of 31 March, the group had 5.909 million paying subscribers for its streaming services RTL+ and Videoland, up 37.1% YoY.
News categories: RTL Group, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
Jan 31, 2023 – SkyShowtime is continuing its roll-out with a set of launches in Albania, Czechia, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania and Slovakia, bringing the number of live markets for the streaming service to twenty.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Gabor Harsanyi, Albania, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Streaming
Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
Dec 5, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Magyar Telekom has chosen its Think360 platform for personalized recommendations, targeted promotions, and viewer engagement across its TV and OTT services.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Magyar Telekom, Samuel Sweet, Big Data, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
Nov 29, 2022 – Bedrock has announced that it has successfully launched a direct-to-consumer service for the newly rebranded RTL+. The subscription-based and ad-free platform RTL+ is the largest Hungarian streaming service.
News categories: Bedrock, RTL, Jonas Engwall, Gabriella Vidus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Streaming
Ukrainian brand KIVI introduces Smart TV lineup
Sep 6, 2022 – KIVI introduced its new Smart TV product line at IFA Berlin. The series includes models from 24" to 65" with different resolutions in a frameless design. The design is a result of work done by KIVI's own R&D center and three international design offices.
News categories: KIVI, Android TV, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Hungary, IFABerlin, Poland, Romania, Semiconductor, Smart TV
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
Nov 20, 2021 – Antenna Hungária, in partnership with Azdio's mediaClass, has launched an advanced DTT service in Hungary. All programmes on the platform are available via DTT broadcast and IP linear TV with catch up and re-start, alongside VOD and SVOD services.
News categories: mediaClass, Antenna Hungária, Dr Arjang Zadeh, Gyöngyvér Gerlei, Zsolt Sárecz, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IBC2023, Terrestrial
Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
Nov 30, 2021 – Digi Communications has concluded a sale and purchase agreement regarding the acquisition of its Hungarian operations by 4iG Plc. 4iG has agreed the purchase of Digi Hungary and its subsidiaries Invitel, Digi Infrastruktúra and I TV.
News categories: Digi Communications, 4iG, Serghei Bulgac, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Satellite
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC