Hungary Digital TV News
SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
Jan 31, 2023 – SkyShowtime is continuing its roll-out with a set of launches in Albania, Czechia, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania and Slovakia, bringing the number of live markets for the streaming service to twenty.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Gabor Harsanyi, Albania, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Streaming
Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
Dec 5, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Magyar Telekom has chosen its Think360 platform for personalized recommendations, targeted promotions, and viewer engagement across its TV and OTT services.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Magyar Telekom, Samuel Sweet, Big Data, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
Nov 29, 2022 – Bedrock has announced that it has successfully launched a direct-to-consumer service for the newly rebranded RTL+. The subscription-based and ad-free platform RTL+ is the largest Hungarian streaming service.
News categories: Bedrock, RTL, Jonas Engwall, Gabriella Vidus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Streaming
Ukrainian brand KIVI introduces Smart TV lineup
Sep 6, 2022 – KIVI introduced its new Smart TV product line at IFA Berlin. The series includes models from 24" to 65" with different resolutions in a frameless design. The design is a result of work done by KIVI's own R&D center and three international design offices.
News categories: KIVI, Android TV, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Hungary, IFABerlin, Poland, Romania, Semiconductor, Smart TV
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
Nov 20, 2021 – Antenna Hungária, in partnership with Azdio's mediaClass, has launched an advanced DTT service in Hungary. All programmes on the platform are available via DTT broadcast and IP linear TV with catch up and re-start, alongside VOD and SVOD services.
News categories: mediaClass, Antenna Hungária, Dr Arjang Zadeh, Gyöngyvér Gerlei, Zsolt Sárecz, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IBC2022, Terrestrial
Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
Nov 30, 2021 – Digi Communications has concluded a sale and purchase agreement regarding the acquisition of its Hungarian operations by 4iG Plc. 4iG has agreed the purchase of Digi Hungary and its subsidiaries Invitel, Digi Infrastruktúra and I TV.
News categories: Digi Communications, 4iG, Serghei Bulgac, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Satellite
Magyar Telekom adds 20,424 TV subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 9, 2021 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) has reported results to end-September 2021. The company added 19,948 cable, DTH and IPTV subscribers in Hungary and 476 IPTV subscribers in North Macedonia in the third quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Satellite, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom adds 12,935 TV subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 10, 2021 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) has reported results to end-June 2021. The company added 11,764 TV subscribers in Hungary and 1,171 in North Macedonia in the second quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution