Hungary Digital TV News
4iG considering acquisition of DIGI Group's Hungarian operations
Mar 29, 2021 – Digi Communications has announced that its Romanian subsidiary and 4iG have entered into a preliminary, non-binding agreement regarding the acquisition of Digi Hungary and its subsidiaries, Invitel and I TV.
News categories: Digi Communications, 4iG, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, UK
M7 selects NAGRA content protection
Nov 4, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Canal+ Group has selected NAGRA content protection to secure the pay TV services of M7, the satellite operator it acquired in 2019, across new and legacy set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ Group, M7 Group, Thierry LeGrand, Jérôme Trift, Austria, Belgium, Content Protection, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Antenna Hungária selects ENENSYS gateway for DVB-T/T2 network
Jun 17, 2020 – ENENSYS has played a role in Antenna Hungaria’s (AHRT) MinDig TV Extra service transition to DVB-T2. AHRT chose ENENSYS’ DVB-T and DVB-T2 Gateway solution to implement its Single Frequency Network.
News categories: ENENSYS, Antenna Hungaria, Laurent Le Dem, Zsolt ÁRKI, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Hungary, Terrestrial
DIGI | RCS & RDS deploys NAGRA cardless CAM in Romania and Hungary
Sep 4, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that cable and satellite operator DIGI | RCS & RDS has deployed NAGRA cardless content protection technology in a conditional access module (CAM) by SmarDTV in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: NAGRA, RCS & RDS, SmarDTV, Thierry Legrand, Valentin Popoviciu, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019
Aug 8, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the second quarter of 2019. In Germany, 58,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.477 million, an increase of 7.3 percent compared with June 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global Vodafone deal completed
Jul 31, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has completed the sale of its operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone for approximately €19.0 billion on a U.S. GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, Vodafone, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MandA, Romania
Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
Jul 18, 2019 – European Commission has announced its final approval of the sale of Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone Group. The transaction, announced May 9, 2018, has a total enterprise value of approximately €19 billion [$21.5] billion, on a GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, European Commission, Vodafone, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, EU, Germany, Hungary, MandA, Regulation, Romania
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV