Bulgaria Digital TV News
A1 Bulgaria creates Android TV app for Smart TVs with 3SS
Nov 3, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that A1 Bulgaria has gone live with an app for viewing A1's Xplore TV on Android TV sets. 3SS has already delivered Xplore TV apps for Samsung Tizen and LG webOS Smart TVs.
News categories: 3SS, A1 Group, Kai-Christian Borchers, Metodi Mladenov, Apps, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart TV
Ukrainian brand KIVI introduces Smart TV lineup
Sep 6, 2022 – KIVI introduced its new Smart TV product line at IFA Berlin. The series includes models from 24" to 65" with different resolutions in a frameless design. The design is a result of work done by KIVI's own R&D center and three international design offices.
News categories: KIVI, Android TV, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Hungary, IFABerlin, Poland, Romania, Semiconductor, Smart TV
United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
Jun 16, 2022 – United Group has initiated steps to consolidate its three DTH services (NOVA, Total TV and VIVACOM) into a single platform by sending an RFI to a group of satellite operators for satellite capacity to support its plans.
News categories: United Group, Srdjan Djurdjevic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
3SS delivers Smart TV apps for A1 Bulgaria
Nov 10, 2021 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has delivered two new smart TV apps for A1 Bulgaria. The apps are now live and available to Xplore TV subscribers with Samsung Tizen and LG webOS connected TVs.
News categories: 3SS, A1 Bulgaria, Kai-Christian Borchers, Apps, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, TV Everywhere
United Group to acquire Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia
Feb 12, 2021 – United Group is to acquire 100% of the share capital of the Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia. The deal is being carried out as an add-on acquisition by Vivacom, United's Bulgarian operator.
News categories: United Group, Net1, ComNet Sofia, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Fibre, MandA
United Group selects Irdeto to secure content across SE Europe
Aug 27, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security for satellite DTH services from United Group in Southeast Europe. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA client is integrated into United Group’s satellite HEVC-enabled STBs.
News categories: Irdeto, United Group, Shane McCarthy, Srdjan Djurdjević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia
A1 Bulgaria selects Agama for service quality and customer experience assurance
Feb 4, 2020 – Agama Technologies has announced that A1 Bulgaria has implemented Agama's Client Device Monitoring and Analytics solution (CDM). This solution enables real-time understanding of service performance and customer experience for every subscriber.
News categories: Agama, A1 Bulgaria, Mikael Dahlgren, Jordan Mladenov, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
Dec 9, 2019 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will provide A1 Bulgaria with fully managed end-to-end content management and processing services to support the roll-out of A1's first TVoD platform in the region.
News categories: Vubiquity, A1 Bulgaria, Darcy Antonellis, Mihail Semerdzhiev, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution