Bulgaria Digital TV News
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
3SS delivers Smart TV apps for A1 Bulgaria
Nov 10, 2021 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has delivered two new smart TV apps for A1 Bulgaria. The apps are now live and available to Xplore TV subscribers with Samsung Tizen and LG webOS connected TVs.
News categories: 3SS, A1 Bulgaria, Kai-Christian Borchers, Apps, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, TV Everywhere
United Group to acquire Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia
Feb 12, 2021 – United Group is to acquire 100% of the share capital of the Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia. The deal is being carried out as an add-on acquisition by Vivacom, United's Bulgarian operator.
News categories: United Group, Net1, ComNet Sofia, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Fibre, MandA
United Group selects Irdeto to secure content across SE Europe
Aug 27, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security for satellite DTH services from United Group in Southeast Europe. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA client is integrated into United Group’s satellite HEVC-enabled STBs.
News categories: Irdeto, United Group, Shane McCarthy, Srdjan Djurdjević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia
A1 Bulgaria selects Agama for service quality and customer experience assurance
Feb 4, 2020 – Agama Technologies has announced that A1 Bulgaria has implemented Agama's Client Device Monitoring and Analytics solution (CDM). This solution enables real-time understanding of service performance and customer experience for every subscriber.
News categories: Agama, A1 Bulgaria, Mikael Dahlgren, Jordan Mladenov, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
Dec 9, 2019 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will provide A1 Bulgaria with fully managed end-to-end content management and processing services to support the roll-out of A1's first TVoD platform in the region.
News categories: Vubiquity, A1 Bulgaria, Darcy Antonellis, Mihail Semerdzhiev, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
Dec 3, 2019 – A1 Bulgaria has launched A1 Xplore TV, an advanced turnkey TV solution powered by Zappware. A1 Xplore TV users will be able to find content through Zappware's Nexx 4.0 user experience, and enjoy their favorite content on web and app with A1 Xplore TV GO.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Bulgaria, Patrick Vos, Simeon Donev, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Streaming, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report