Bulgaria Digital TV News
United Group to acquire Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia
Feb 12, 2021 – United Group is to acquire 100% of the share capital of the Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia. The deal is being carried out as an add-on acquisition by Vivacom, United's Bulgarian operator.
News categories: United Group, Net1, ComNet Sofia, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Fibre, MandA
United Group selects Irdeto to secure content across SE Europe
Aug 27, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security for satellite DTH services from United Group in Southeast Europe. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA client is integrated into United Group’s satellite HEVC-enabled STBs.
News categories: Irdeto, United Group, Shane McCarthy, Srdjan Djurdjević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia
A1 Bulgaria selects Agama for service quality and customer experience assurance
Feb 4, 2020 – Agama Technologies has announced that A1 Bulgaria has implemented Agama's Client Device Monitoring and Analytics solution (CDM). This solution enables real-time understanding of service performance and customer experience for every subscriber.
News categories: Agama, A1 Bulgaria, Mikael Dahlgren, Jordan Mladenov, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
Dec 9, 2019 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will provide A1 Bulgaria with fully managed end-to-end content management and processing services to support the roll-out of A1's first TVoD platform in the region.
News categories: Vubiquity, A1 Bulgaria, Darcy Antonellis, Mihail Semerdzhiev, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
Dec 3, 2019 – A1 Bulgaria has launched A1 Xplore TV, an advanced turnkey TV solution powered by Zappware. A1 Xplore TV users will be able to find content through Zappware's Nexx 4.0 user experience, and enjoy their favorite content on web and app with A1 Xplore TV GO.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Bulgaria, Patrick Vos, Simeon Donev, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
A1 Telekom Austria adds 5k TV RGUs in 1Q 2019
Apr 29, 2019 – A1 Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for its quarter ending March 31, 2019. Overall, TV RGUs were up 5 thousand units (0.3%) in the quarter and up 211 thousand units (14.7%) versus the same point in 2018.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Slovenia, Subscribers
Bulgaria Sat selects Ericsson to enable UHDTV across the Balkans
Sep 15, 2017 – Bulgaria Sat has selected Ericsson to deliver media processing hardware which will help deliver Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD) and 4K channels to TV subscribers across the region.
News categories: Ericsson, Bulgaria Sat, Arpad Jordan, Maxim Zayakov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Satellite
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.