Bosnia and Herzegovina Digital TV News
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
Nov 29, 2021 – Agama Technologies has announced that it has partnered with Antecna to implement Agama’s solution for monitoring and analysis of live TV channels and VoD streams at m:tel, the telecom operator in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
News categories: Agama, Antecna, m:tel, Mikael Dahlgren, Aleksandar Antunovic, Milan Aleksijević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
BH Telecom and Beenius to develop IPTV and OTT services
Jul 7, 2021 – BH Telecom has signed an agreement to develop IPTV and OTT services based on the Beenius' TV Interactive Platform. The platform, based on Android, supports features such as targeted TV advertising, fingerprinting, and more.
News categories: Beenius, BH Telecom, Filip Remškar, Advertising, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
United Group selects Irdeto to secure content across SE Europe
Aug 27, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security for satellite DTH services from United Group in Southeast Europe. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA client is integrated into United Group’s satellite HEVC-enabled STBs.
News categories: Irdeto, United Group, Shane McCarthy, Srdjan Djurdjević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Friend MTS extends content protection deal with United Media
May 30, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced a deal extension with United Media to continue to provide anti-piracy protection for its premium sports content. United Media is part of United Group which operates in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Simon Hanna, Duško Martić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia
m:tel takes 100% control of Telrad Net
Feb 15, 2019 – Following a strategic plan that includes the acquisition of cable operators, Mtel has become the 100% owner of Telrad Net. Telrad Net is a telecommunications companyy in Bosnia and Herzegovina with services that include cable TV.
News categories: m:tel, Telrad Net, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Telekom Srbija to launch DTH with SES at 23.5°E
Nov 15, 2018 – Viewers in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Montenegro will soon have access to content delivered by Telekom Srbija from SES’ orbital location at 23.5°E. Telekom Srbija’s DTH platform will start broadcasting in mid-December.
News categories: SES S.A, Telekom Srbija, Martin Ornass-Kubacki, Marijana Vukasinovic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia
BC Partners to acquire majority ownership of United Group
Sep 27, 2018 – BC Partners has announced that it will acquire majority ownership of United Group from KKR, with KKR retaining a minority stake. United Group is the leading media and communication services provider across South East Europe
News categories: BC Partners, KKR, United Group, Nikos Stathopoulos, Jean-Pierre Saad, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, MandA, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Streaming
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report