Slovenia Digital TV News
OBLO Living and Telekom Slovenije use an Android TV STB as a smart home hub
Sep 12, 2019 – OBLO Living has cooperated with Telekom Slovenije on a next-generation smart home concept using an Android set-top box as the home hub. The Telekom Slovenije smart living platform, NEO, will be presented at IBC 2019.
News categories: OBLO Living, Telekom Slovenije, Nikola Smiljkovic, Android TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Smart Home
Friend MTS extends content protection deal with United Media
May 30, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced a deal extension with United Media to continue to provide anti-piracy protection for its premium sports content. United Media is part of United Group which operates in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Simon Hanna, Duško Martić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia
A1 Telekom Austria adds 5k TV RGUs in 1Q 2019
Apr 29, 2019 – A1 Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for its quarter ending March 31, 2019. Overall, TV RGUs were up 5 thousand units (0.3%) in the quarter and up 211 thousand units (14.7%) versus the same point in 2018.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Slovenia, Subscribers
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
BC Partners to acquire majority ownership of United Group
Sep 27, 2018 – BC Partners has announced that it will acquire majority ownership of United Group from KKR, with KKR retaining a minority stake. United Group is the leading media and communication services provider across South East Europe
News categories: BC Partners, KKR, United Group, Nikos Stathopoulos, Jean-Pierre Saad, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, MnA, Montenegro, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia
T-2 selects Amino for 4K UHD rollout in Slovenia
May 15, 2018 – Amino has announced that it is to support T-2, one of Slovenia’s largest multi-service telecoms operators, in its launch of the country’s first 4K UHD TV services. Amino is deploying technology that will expand T-2’s service to include 4K UHD content and VOD.
News categories: Amino, T-2, Donald McGarva, Gregor Štampohar, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Friend MTS chosen by United Media for protection against streaming piracy
Mar 29, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced that it has been chosen by United Media to provide advanced antipiracy solutions. United Media is part of United Group, the leading telecommunications and media platform in Southeast Europe operating in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Chris White, Aleksandra Subotić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, NABShow, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia
Slovenia's Teleing adds catch up and multiscreen with UniqCast
Jun 20, 2017 – Teleing, a cable operator in Slovenia, has launched Catch Up TV and multiscreen support based on UniqCast's Interactive TV platform, enabling them to extend their service and keep an edge in the competitive TV market.
News categories: UniqCast, Teleing, Darko Robič, Janez Smolkovic, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Telekom Slovenije boosts User Experience with Caipy
Mar 2, 2017 – Telekom Slovenije has adopted Caipy to improve the user experience for its TV subscribers. With Caipy’s precise boundary detection, Telekom Slovenije will deliver popular Catch Up TV and TV recordings with a perfect start on playback.
News categories: Caipy, Telekom Slovenije, Jorg Nonnenmacher, Marko Kroflič, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Slovenia, UX
- Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph