Slovenia Digital TV News
OBLO Living and Telekom Slovenije use an Android TV STB as a smart home hub
Sep 12, 2019 – OBLO Living has cooperated with Telekom Slovenije on a next-generation smart home concept using an Android set-top box as the home hub. The Telekom Slovenije smart living platform, NEO, will be presented at IBC 2019.
News categories: OBLO Living, Telekom Slovenije, Nikola Smiljkovic, Android TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Smart Home
Friend MTS extends content protection deal with United Media
May 30, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced a deal extension with United Media to continue to provide anti-piracy protection for its premium sports content. United Media is part of United Group which operates in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Simon Hanna, Duško Martić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia
A1 Telekom Austria adds 5k TV RGUs in 1Q 2019
Apr 29, 2019 – A1 Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for its quarter ending March 31, 2019. Overall, TV RGUs were up 5 thousand units (0.3%) in the quarter and up 211 thousand units (14.7%) versus the same point in 2018.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Slovenia, Subscribers
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
BC Partners to acquire majority ownership of United Group
Sep 27, 2018 – BC Partners has announced that it will acquire majority ownership of United Group from KKR, with KKR retaining a minority stake. United Group is the leading media and communication services provider across South East Europe
News categories: BC Partners, KKR, United Group, Nikos Stathopoulos, Jean-Pierre Saad, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, MnA, Montenegro, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia
T-2 selects Amino for 4K UHD rollout in Slovenia
May 15, 2018 – Amino has announced that it is to support T-2, one of Slovenia’s largest multi-service telecoms operators, in its launch of the country’s first 4K UHD TV services. Amino is deploying technology that will expand T-2’s service to include 4K UHD content and VOD.
News categories: Amino, T-2, Donald McGarva, Gregor Štampohar, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Friend MTS chosen by United Media for protection against streaming piracy
Mar 29, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced that it has been chosen by United Media to provide advanced antipiracy solutions. United Media is part of United Group, the leading telecommunications and media platform in Southeast Europe operating in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Chris White, Aleksandra Subotić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, NABShow, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia
Slovenia's Teleing adds catch up and multiscreen with UniqCast
Jun 20, 2017 – Teleing, a cable operator in Slovenia, has launched Catch Up TV and multiscreen support based on UniqCast's Interactive TV platform, enabling them to extend their service and keep an edge in the competitive TV market.
News categories: UniqCast, Teleing, Darko Robič, Janez Smolkovic, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Telekom Slovenije boosts User Experience with Caipy
Mar 2, 2017 – Telekom Slovenije has adopted Caipy to improve the user experience for its TV subscribers. With Caipy’s precise boundary detection, Telekom Slovenije will deliver popular Catch Up TV and TV recordings with a perfect start on playback.
News categories: Caipy, Telekom Slovenije, Jorg Nonnenmacher, Marko Kroflič, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Slovenia, UX
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware