Slovenia Digital TV News
United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
Jun 16, 2022 – United Group has initiated steps to consolidate its three DTH services (NOVA, Total TV and VIVACOM) into a single platform by sending an RFI to a group of satellite operators for satellite capacity to support its plans.
News categories: United Group, Srdjan Djurdjevic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
Viaccess-Orca powers Android TV offering at Orange Slovensko
Feb 21, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Slovensko has launched an Android TV offering with VO's DRM solutions. VO provides Orange Slovensko with solutions for content protection and multi-DRM management on its Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange Slovensko, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Martin Lednár, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Two new telecoms partnerships for Gamestream
Feb 17, 2021 – Gamestream has two new cloud gaming partnerships. Telekom Slovenije has launched NEO Gaming, a white-label version of the Gamestream platform, and Bouygues Telecom has adopted Gamestream's Pleio consumer service.
News categories: Gamestream, Telekom Slovenije, Bouygues Telecom, Ivan Lebeau, Samo Ošina, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Slovenia
United Group selects Irdeto to secure content across SE Europe
Aug 27, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security for satellite DTH services from United Group in Southeast Europe. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA client is integrated into United Group’s satellite HEVC-enabled STBs.
News categories: Irdeto, United Group, Shane McCarthy, Srdjan Djurdjević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia
A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
May 19, 2020 – The A1 Group has now deployed, with Zappware, its personalized TV service, A1 Xplore TV, in Slovenia. A1 Xplore TV customers gain direct access to YouTube via the set-top box, with more 3rd party content providers to follow.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Slovenia, Patrick Vos, Lovro Peterlin, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Streaming
OBLO Living and Telekom Slovenije use an Android TV STB as a smart home hub
Sep 12, 2019 – OBLO Living has cooperated with Telekom Slovenije on a next-generation smart home concept using an Android set-top box as the home hub. The Telekom Slovenije smart living platform, NEO, will be presented at IBC 2019.
News categories: OBLO Living, Telekom Slovenije, Nikola Smiljkovic, Android TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Smart Home
Friend MTS extends content protection deal with United Media
May 30, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced a deal extension with United Media to continue to provide anti-piracy protection for its premium sports content. United Media is part of United Group which operates in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Simon Hanna, Duško Martić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia
A1 Telekom Austria adds 5k TV RGUs in 1Q 2019
Apr 29, 2019 – A1 Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for its quarter ending March 31, 2019. Overall, TV RGUs were up 5 thousand units (0.3%) in the quarter and up 211 thousand units (14.7%) versus the same point in 2018.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Slovenia, Subscribers
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania