Serbia Digital TV News
Friend MTS extends content protection deal with United Media
May 30, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced a deal extension with United Media to continue to provide anti-piracy protection for its premium sports content. United Media is part of United Group which operates in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Simon Hanna, Duško Martić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Telekom Srbija to launch DTH with SES at 23.5°E
Nov 15, 2018 – Viewers in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Montenegro will soon have access to content delivered by Telekom Srbija from SES’ orbital location at 23.5°E. Telekom Srbija’s DTH platform will start broadcasting in mid-December.
News categories: SES S.A, Telekom Srbija, Martin Ornass-Kubacki, Marijana Vukasinovic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia
Telekom Srbija acquires Kopernikus Technology
Nov 6, 2018 – Abris Capital Partners has sold 100% of its shares in its Serbian portfolio company, Kopernikus Technology, to Telekom Serbia. Prior to the sale to Telekom Serbia, Kopernikus Technology was the leading consolidator of Serbia's cable sector.
News categories: Abris Capital Partners, Telekom Serbia, Kopernikus Technology, Milorad Anđelić, Predrag Ćulibrk, Srdjan Milovanović, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Serbia
BC Partners to acquire majority ownership of United Group
Sep 27, 2018 – BC Partners has announced that it will acquire majority ownership of United Group from KKR, with KKR retaining a minority stake. United Group is the leading media and communication services provider across South East Europe
News categories: BC Partners, KKR, United Group, Nikos Stathopoulos, Jean-Pierre Saad, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, MnA, Montenegro, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia
Friend MTS chosen by United Media for protection against streaming piracy
Mar 29, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced that it has been chosen by United Media to provide advanced antipiracy solutions. United Media is part of United Group, the leading telecommunications and media platform in Southeast Europe operating in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Chris White, Aleksandra Subotić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, NABShow, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia
Radio Television of Serbia broadcasts all channels via SES Video
Feb 5, 2018 – SES has announced that Radio Television of Serbia (RTS) is now transmitting its entire bouquet of nine TV channels and four radio stations via Astra 5°E, following an extension deal between SES and Telekom Srbija.
News categories: SES S.A, Telekom Srbija, RTS, Martin Ornass-Kubacki, Milica Jovičić, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Serbia
Kopernikus selects CryptoGuard to secure new pay-TV offering
Oct 2, 2017 – CryptoGuard has announced that Kopernikus has selected CryptoGuard’s Conditional Access System (CAS) to secure its content revenues. The Serbia based cable TV operator is currently working on digitalisation of its entire network.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Kopernikus, Kjell Carlswärd, Stevan Mićašević, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Serbia
media press acquires Port Network metadata provider from CEMP
Mar 3, 2017 – media press Group and Central European Media & Publishing (CEMP) have reached a deal under which media press Group has acquired Port Network from CEMP. Port Network is the number one provider of TV, radio and movie metadata in Central-Eastern Europe.
News categories: media press Group, Port Network, Kris Cechnicki, Big Data, Croatia, Hungary, MnA, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
- Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
- Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
- ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
- OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
- Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets