Israel Digital TV News
Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
Oct 28, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by RGE Group to launch a Cloud TV service for kids, BIGI. RGE is deploying Kaltura’s Cloud TV Platform for content, subscriber and device management, and will use Kaltura’s video player for advanced live TV use cases.
News categories: Kaltura, Yaron Segev, Nuno Sanches, Yaron Segev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, OTT
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT
3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
Sep 23, 2020 – Israel's yes (TASE: BEZQ) has incorporated 3SS technology in its STINGTV streaming service. 3SS developed an operator application, in both English and Hebrew, offering a full range of features for STINGTV subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, 'Yes', Kai-Christian Borchers, Itzhak Elyakim, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, Smart TV, UX
Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
Jul 29, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying Synamedia’s end-to-end video network portfolio to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency for its cloud-based, internet-only TV services in Israel.
News categories: Synamedia, 'Yes', Yves Padrines, Itzhak Elyakim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Blacknut and Israel's Partner TV to offer cloud gaming service
Jul 20, 2020 – Partner TV has been working with Blacknut to launch a cloud gaming service called Partner TV Gaming Powered by Blacknut. The new service will offer more than 400 family-friendly premium games.
News categories: Blacknut, Partner Communications, Olivier Avaro, Liran Dan, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
Vubiquity to power VOD stores at Partner TV in Israel
May 7, 2020 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will power Partner TV's (NASDAQ, TASE:PTNR) VOD store with premium Electronic Sell-Through (EST) titles and will continue to provide the content library for its TVOD store.
News categories: Vubiquity, Partner Communications, Darcy Antonellis, Isaac Benbenisti, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
Mar 31, 2020 – Altice Europe (Euronext: ATC & ATCB) has confirmed that its fully owned subsidiary Hot has terminated discussions regarding the potential acquisition of Partner Communications.
News categories: Altice Europe, Partner Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, MnA
Hot submits offer for 100% of Partner Communications.
Jan 29, 2020 – Responding to market speculation, Altice Europe (Euronext: ATC & ATCB) has confirmed that its subsidiary Hot Telecommunication Systems Ltd has submitted an offer for 100% of the share capital of Partner Communications.
News categories: Altice, Partner Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, MnA
Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
Dec 11, 2019 – The Israel Audience Research Board (IARB) have appointed Kantar to operate Israel’s TV trading currency for the next seven years, with the option of an extension until 2030. The existing TV audience measurement service will also be expanded.
News categories: Kantar, Israel Audience Research Board, Eitan Kassif, Rony Aran, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Israel
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5