Israel Digital TV News
Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
Jan 17, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will fall by 38% between peak year 2016 and 2027 to $2.39 billion. Revenues in the Arabic-speaking countries are then expected to be $915 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
SeaChange powers Screen iL TV service featuring Israeli content
Aug 2, 2021 – Screen iL, a streaming service targeting Israeli expatriates and consumers worldwide with an appetite for Israeli film and TV content, has launched globally online. The service was built for Screen iL by SeaChange (NASDAQ:SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, Screen iL, Robert Pons, Ben Berner, Albertino Matalon, Greg Ireland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming, Worldwide
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 12, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Broadpeak powers multiscreen video delivery for Cellcom TV
Mar 9, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Cellcom has upgraded its Cellcom TV service with a multiscreen video delivery architecture powered by Broadpeak's nanoCDN multicast ABR and analytics solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Reshet 13 selects Kaltura to power D2C streaming service
Feb 9, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected by Israeli broadcaster Reshet 13 to upgrade its direct-to-consumer video service. Reshet 13 will benefit from Kaltura's advanced video technology, along with hosting on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Reshet 13, Nuno Sanches, Gal Goren, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
Jan 18, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV revenues in the MENA region fell by 14% between 2016 and 2020 to $2.74 billion. Revenues will continue to fall slowly - to $2.52 billion in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Egypt, Israel, Market Research, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
Oct 28, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by RGE Group to launch a Cloud TV service for kids, BIGI. RGE is deploying Kaltura’s Cloud TV Platform for content, subscriber and device management, and will use Kaltura’s video player for advanced live TV use cases.
News categories: Kaltura, Yaron Segev, Nuno Sanches, Yaron Segev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, Streaming
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
Sep 23, 2020 – Israel's yes (TASE: BEZQ) has incorporated 3SS technology in its STINGTV streaming service. 3SS developed an operator application, in both English and Hebrew, offering a full range of features for STINGTV subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, 'Yes', Kai-Christian Borchers, Itzhak Elyakim, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming, UX
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors