Israel Digital TV News
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 13, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Broadpeak powers multiscreen video delivery for Cellcom TV
Mar 9, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Cellcom has upgraded its Cellcom TV service with a multiscreen video delivery architecture powered by Broadpeak's nanoCDN multicast ABR and analytics solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT
Reshet 13 selects Kaltura to power D2C streaming service
Feb 9, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected by Israeli broadcaster Reshet 13 to upgrade its direct-to-consumer video service. Reshet 13 will benefit from Kaltura's advanced video technology, along with hosting on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Reshet 13, Nuno Sanches, Gal Goren, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT
MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
Jan 18, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV revenues in the MENA region fell by 14% between 2016 and 2020 to $2.74 billion. Revenues will continue to fall slowly - to $2.52 billion in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Egypt, Israel, Market Research, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
Oct 28, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by RGE Group to launch a Cloud TV service for kids, BIGI. RGE is deploying Kaltura’s Cloud TV Platform for content, subscriber and device management, and will use Kaltura’s video player for advanced live TV use cases.
News categories: Kaltura, Yaron Segev, Nuno Sanches, Yaron Segev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, OTT
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT
3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
Sep 23, 2020 – Israel's yes (TASE: BEZQ) has incorporated 3SS technology in its STINGTV streaming service. 3SS developed an operator application, in both English and Hebrew, offering a full range of features for STINGTV subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, 'Yes', Kai-Christian Borchers, Itzhak Elyakim, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, Smart TV, UX
Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
Jul 29, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying Synamedia’s end-to-end video network portfolio to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency for its cloud-based, internet-only TV services in Israel.
News categories: Synamedia, 'Yes', Yves Padrines, Itzhak Elyakim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Blacknut and Israel's Partner TV to offer cloud gaming service
Jul 20, 2020 – Partner TV has been working with Blacknut to launch a cloud gaming service called Partner TV Gaming Powered by Blacknut. The new service will offer more than 400 family-friendly premium games.
News categories: Blacknut, Partner Communications, Olivier Avaro, Liran Dan, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform