Israel Digital TV News
Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
Feb 2, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Broadpeak have announced that they have joined forces to provide Cellcom with an end-to-end solution offering super-low latency for live sports streaming over OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess-Orca, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Philippe Léonetti, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming
Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
Feb 1, 2023 – Cellcom used low latency streaming technology from Synamedia to enhance its FIFA World Cup viewing experience. Cellcom streamed matches in full HD with broadcast-equivalent latency to Android TV STBs using LL-DASH.
News categories: Synamedia, Cellcom, Elke Hungenaert, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
24i upgrades Smart TV experience for Israel's KAN
Dec 20, 2022 – 24i has announced that it enabled Israeli Public Broadcaster, KAN, to deploy an upgraded streaming experience on Smart TVs in time for the FIFA World Cup.
News categories: 24i, KAN, Dr. Neale Foster, Tamir Cohen, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming
Vubiquity to provide personalized content for Cellcom TV
Nov 8, 2022 – Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) has been selected by Cellcom to bring digital content to Cellcom TV viewers through its Vubiquity platform. Vubiquity will provide content acquisition, curation, marketing and content management services.
News categories: Amdocs, Cellcom, Anthony Goonetilleke, Dafna Agassi Bar, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, UX
Redge Media to power Free TV streaming platform in Israel
Sep 6, 2022 – Free TV plans to launch streaming TV and fiber-based services in Isreal by the end of 2022 and has selected Redge Media to provide a complete ecosystem of front end, back end and video processing.
News categories: Redge Media, Andrzej Nowak, Rami David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
May 22, 2022 – Bezeq has reported that its subsidiary DBS Satellite Services (1998) Ltd. ('yes') has signed an agreement with the Walt Disney Group to distribute Disney+ in Israel for a period of three years.
News categories: Bezeq, Walt Disney, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, Streaming
Cellcom and Novelsat plan 5G video pilot in Israel
Feb 21, 2022 – Cellcom and NOVELSAT are to collaborate on a pilot of real-time video content distribution on 5G network infrastructure. As part of the pilot, video content from the CellcomTV service will be distributed in real time to 5G base stations by NOVELSAT's solution.
News categories: NOVELSAT, Cellcom, Gary Drutin, Yaniv Koriat, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
Jan 17, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will fall by 38% between peak year 2016 and 2027 to $2.39 billion. Revenues in the Arabic-speaking countries are then expected to be $915 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
SeaChange powers Screen iL TV service featuring Israeli content
Aug 2, 2021 – Screen iL, a streaming service targeting Israeli expatriates and consumers worldwide with an appetite for Israeli film and TV content, has launched globally online. The service was built for Screen iL by SeaChange (NASDAQ:SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, Screen iL, Robert Pons, Ben Berner, Albertino Matalon, Greg Ireland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming, Worldwide
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server