Watermarking (digital copyright protection) News
iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
Nov 18, 2019 – iQIYI has announced that its self-developed watermarking system has passed the security evaluation test of the ChinaDRM Lab, making iQIYI the first online video platform in China to receive such an accreditation.
News categories: iQIYI, ChinaDRM, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking
Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
Nov 5, 2019 – Verance and Extreme Reach (ER) have announced plans to jointly bring addressable and cross-platform reporting capabilities to market. The partnership combines Verance’s watermarking with ER’s asset management platform for TV and Video ad creative.
News categories: Verance, Extreme Reach, Nil Shah, Tim Conley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking
Verance brings watermarking to HbbTV
Oct 1, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to bring its Aspect watermarking to HbbTV. Aspect uses Verance’s implementation of the watermarking technologies sanctioned by the HbbTV Association in their 'Application Discovery over Broadband' specification.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Digital TV, HbbTV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Irdeto adds client watermarking to TraceMark
Sep 12, 2019 – Irdeto has added client watermarking to the Irdeto TraceMark forensic watermarking solution. The solution enables fast integration and rapid detection of pirate sources, making it a powerful anti-piracy capability for live content such as 4K sports.
News categories: Irdeto, Andrew Bunten, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
SmarDTV offers NAGRA NexGuard watermarking for CI Plus modules
Sep 3, 2019 – SmarDTV Global, in collaboration with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), has announced a watermarking solution available on Conditional Access Modules (CAM). The combined solution provides the highest degree of assurance to content owners.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Hervé Mathieu, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
Verance plans Project OAR support for its watermarking platform
Aug 7, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to add support for Project OAR to its Aspect platform. While the technical specifications of OAR have not been revealed, watermarking is expected to factor into the accurate delivery and decisioning of addressable TV advertising.
News categories: Verance, Project OAR, Nil Shah, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking
ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
Jul 18, 2019 – ATEME and Eurovision Services ran a watermarking trial during a recent international football event in Paris. The proof of concept used BISS-CA, an enhanced, secured standard of the BISS protocol, to help broadcasters in the fight against piracy during the event.
News categories: ATEME, Eurovision Services, Julien Mandel, Oscar Teran, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Watermarking, Worldwide
Evertz integrates Nielsen watermarking with its file based products
Jun 7, 2019 – Evertz has announced the integration and certification of Nielsen watermarking technology within its portfolio of file based products, including its media asset management, content supply chain, playout automation and linear playout solutions.
News categories: Evertz, Nielsen, Dan Turow, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
May 16, 2019 – In order to develop technologies that protect video content, Viaccess-Orca has partnered with b<>com. The first step in the collaboration is an innovation in watermarking that tracks pirates who redistribute illegal streaming services.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Paul Molinier, Bertrand Guilbaud, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware