Watermarking (forensic) News
ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
Oct 20, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and ATEME have announced that VO's dynamic watermarking is embedded in IRDs and encoders from ATEME, enabling content owners and providers to identify the source of piracy leaks within various distribution channels.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, ATEME, Mathieu Harel, Julien Mandel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
RAI first FTA broadcaster to watermark content against piracy
Sep 28, 2021 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Radio Televisione Italiana (RAI) is using its NexGuard forensic watermarking and anti-piracy services to protect its streaming content and related ad revenues.
News categories: NAGRA, Radiotelevisione Italiana, Thierry Legrand, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming, Watermarking
Synamedia acquires ContentArmor
Aug 9, 2021 – Synamedia has acquired ContentArmor, a developer of forensic watermarking solutions. Synamedia is now uniquely placed to meet video service providers' edge and 5G security demands.
News categories: Synamedia, ContentArmor, Paul Segre, Alain Durand, 5G, Digital TV, MandA, Watermarking, Worldwide
PallyCon unveils distributor watermarking solution
Jun 29, 2021 – PallyCon has launched a distributor watermarking system to combat premium content leaks in the distribution process, securing video content at every step of post-production workflows.
News categories: INKA Entworks, PallyCon, James Ahn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Friend MTS and Akamai offer server-side A/B variant watermarking
Apr 22, 2021 – Friend MTS and Akamai are now offering content owners, broadcasters and operators server-side A/B variant watermarking based on Friend MTS ASiD OTT Edge-switched technology and Akamai Access Revocation technology.
News categories: Friend MTS, Akamai, Jonathan Friend, Ian Munford, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Friend MTS launches ASiD watermarking 4th generation
Mar 24, 2021 – Friend MTS has launched 4th Generation ASiD, an extended set of subscriber-level watermarking solutions, including a smart server-side A/B variant to protect assets from illegal redistribution.
News categories: Friend MTS, Jonathan Friend, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Okko Sport integrates Verimatrix watermarking against piracy
Feb 10, 2021 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that Okko Sport has selected Verimatrix to assist in preventing unauthorized sports broadcasts. Okko Sport has integrated Verimatrix Watermarking into its broadcasts.
News categories: Verimatrix, Okko Sport, Asaf Ashkenazi, Oleg Manzha, Digital TV, Russia, Streaming, Watermarking
SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
Jan 12, 2021 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that SK Broadband has selected NAGRA’s NexGuard forensic watermarking technology to protect the operator's premium content on a wide range of IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, SK Broadband, Stéphane Le Dréau, SangBum Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Watermarking
Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
Jan 12, 2021 – Synamedia's security and watermarking solutions are now integrated with the Akamai Intelligent Edge Platform. The combination detects pirate streams in real time and redirect viewers to legitimate services.
News categories: Synamedia, Akamai, Yael Fainaro, Amit Kasturia, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor