Advertising (Targeted Advertising, Programmatic Advertising, AdTech)
DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
May 31, 2023 – DISH Media has launched DISH Connected, a solution that allows DISH TV's live linear inventory to be programmatically executed, delivering real-time, targeted ads to DISH set-top boxes.
News categories: DISH Media, Kevin Arrix, Matt McLeggon, Verna De Jesus, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
May 29, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has unveiled research showing that 75% of internet-connected TV viewers across Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico watch ad-supported streaming TV.
News categories: Magnite, Advertising, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Comscore local market measurement selected by WBNX-TV
May 16, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) and WBNX-TV have announced a TV measurement agreement that will see WBNX use Comscore's local TV currency as an additional source to sell and post advertising buys.
News categories: Comscore, WBNX-TV, Carol Hinnant, Lori Bruch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Comscore to provide local advertising currency for NBCUniversal
May 18, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a partnership with NBCUniversal, in which NBCUniversal will be, for the first time, guaranteeing all local ad buys on Comscore measurement.
News categories: Comscore, NBCUniversal, Jon Carpenter, Frank Comerford, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Ad fraud continues to be a significant issue in CTV
May 18, 2023 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has released its 2023 Global Insights Report. The report highlights key digital ad quality trends, and demonstrates the need for always-on verification across channels.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix partners with EDO on measurement for advertisers
May 17, 2023 – Netflix will use EDO’s predictive behavioral outcomes data to provide insights for advertisers, indicating how brands' campaigns perform on the platform compared to YouTube, OTT, and linear TV.
News categories: EDO, Netflix, Kevin Krim, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Integral Ad Science earns MRC accreditation for CTV viewable impressions
May 18, 2023 – Integral Ad Science (Nasdaq: IAS) has received the industry's first accreditation for Connected TV (CTV) video viewable impressions from the Media Rating Council (MRC).
News categories: Integral Ad Science, Media Rating Council, Kevin Alvero, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Warner Bros. Discovery unveils video product suite for advertisers
May 17, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery has announced WBD Stream, a digital video product offering advertisers access to the most popular and premium content in Warner Bros. Discovery's portfolio.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Jim Keller, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
iSpot measures YouTube and YouTube TV against broader TV marketplace
May 16, 2023 – iSpot has completed a critical phase of its integration with Google for determining the incremental reach of ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV when compared to traditional linear and connected TV.
News categories: iSpot, Sean Muller, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media