Advertising (Targeted Advertising, Programmatic Advertising, AdTech)
YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
Dec 4, 2023 – YMEDIA has introduced its AI Smart TV Network, aiming to make it easy for businesses to reach their target audience via 500,000 screens enabled by blockchain technology and 150 million smart TVs.
News categories: YMEDIA, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
Dec 4, 2023 – Barb has awarded three contracts for its audience measurement service: metadata and interim overnight programme logs to MetaBroadcast and interim overnight commercial spot logs to Clearcast.
News categories: Barb, MetaBroadcast, Clearcast, Caroline Baxter, Jamie Mackinlay, David Joel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
Nov 30, 2023 – FreeWheel and OrkaTV have partnered to provide advertisers working with FreeWheel with access to more than 3,500 FAST channels available through OrkaTV's streaming TV marketplace.
News categories: FreeWheel, OrkaTV, Emily Bromley, Mike Woods, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
Nov 28, 2023 – TheViewPoint (TVP) has announced an expanded partnership with FreeWheel, offering brands an opportunity to bypass exchanges when buying TV ad inventory, bridging the gap between supply and demand.
News categories: TheViewPoint, FreeWheel, Daniel Elad, Jon Mansell, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
Nov 21, 2023 – Go Addressable has been incorporated as a non-profit trade organization, comprising a4 Advertising, Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising, DIRECTV Advertising, DISH Media and Paramount Advertising.
News categories: Go Addressable, Paramount, Larry Allen, Maribel Becker, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
UK marketers expecting to increase FAST and AVOD spend
Nov 14, 2023 – According to the latest Advanced TV Uncovered study from AudienceXpress and CoLab Media Consulting, 89% of UK marketers surveyed expect to increase FAST and AVOD spend over the next 12 months.
News categories: FreeWheel, Stefanie Briec, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, UK
Yospace and Capella automate 'pop-up' live event orchestration
Nov 14, 2023 – Yospace and Capella Systems have collaborated on a live orchestration implementation built on Yospace's SSAI stack and orchestration module combined with Capella's cloud-hosted encoder.
News categories: Yospace, Capella Systems, Tim Sewell, Ikuyo Yamada, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Ad-supported streaming delivers scale for brands in Southeast Asia
Nov 14, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) research finds that ad-supported streaming delivers scale and impact for brands in Southeast Asia, with 71% of TV viewers in the region watching ad-supported streaming.
News categories: Magnite, Advertising, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
acTVe selects Amagi for FAST channel playout, distribution and monetization
Nov 13, 2023 – Amagi has announced that acTVe has selected the company as its playout, distribution, and monetization partner for five of its premium syndicated sports channels.
News categories: Amagi, acTVe, Srinivasan KA, Geoff Clark, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward