Canada Digital TV News
NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
Jun 25, 2020 – NLogic has entered into a partnership with TVbeat that will allow NLogic to expand its offerings for the broadcast industry and OTT providers by enabling a complete picture of TV advertising inventory across multiple platforms and data sources.
News categories: NLogic, TVbeat, David Phillips, Abbas Tahzib, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV
Canada's video entertainment spend expected to rebound in 2021
Jun 23, 2020 – Spending on video entertainment in Canada is expected to shrink by 6% this year, but will bounce back strongly in 2021, expanding by 11% to surpass the success of 2019, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research
Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
Apr 8, 2020 – Bell Media has announced that Crave is available on all Roku streaming devices in Canada. Roku users now have access to programming from HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Hollywood-hit movies, as well as French-language TV and films from SUPER ÉCRAN.
News categories: Bell Media, Roku, Tracey Pearce, Arthur van Rest, Apps, Canada, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SeaChange selected by Canada’s largest independent ISP to power video streaming service
Mar 18, 2020 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has secured a win with Canada’s largest independent ISP to power its new streaming TV service. The ISP selected SeaChange’s online-video platform, the Framework, to deliver access to more than 150 HD channels as well as cloud PVR, GO apps, and VOD.
News categories: SeaChange, Yossi Aloni, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Comscore and Twitch partner on Esports and Gaming audience measurement
Mar 12, 2020 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a partnership with Twitch. The deal adds tagless audience reporting of Twitch livestreaming, including gaming and esports insights, to Comscore digital audience solutions.
News categories: Comscore, Twitch, Carol Hinnant, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, USA
GroupM launches Finecast addressable TV in Canada
Mar 5, 2020 – GroupM has announced the Canadian launch of Finecast. After launching and running campaigns in the UK and Australia, this entrance into the Canadian market solidifies Finecast as a global platform for targeting audiences via connected TV.
News categories: Finecast, GroupM, Jakob Nielsen, Stuart Garvie, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
TekSavvy launches IPTV in Quebec
Mar 2, 2020 – TekSavvy and its affiliate cable company Hastings Cable Vision have launched their IPTV service, TekSavvy TV, in Quebec. TekSavvy TV offers customers Cloud PVR, access to GO apps, video-on-demand, and over 150 HD channels.
News categories: TekSavvy, Hastings Cable Vision, Marc Gaudrault, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
Feb 11, 2020 – beIN SPORTS has launched beIN SPORTS XTRA, the network’s free live sports streaming channel, on XUMO TV’s service in the U.S., followed shortly by availability in Canada. beIN SPORTS XTRA joins the growing list of 190+ channels on XUMO.
News categories: beIN SPORTS, XUMO TV, Antonio Briceño, Stefan Van Engen, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more
Feb 6, 2020 – The Media Technology Monitor (MTM) has released its Sneak Peek Report. According to the survey, 1 in 6 Canadians show interest in subscribing to Disney+ and 1 in 10 show interest in getting Apple TV+. Netflix continues its domination.
News categories: Media Technology Monitor, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020