Canada Digital TV News
TELUS introduces next generation of Optik TV
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS has introduced a new Optik TV set-top box with added features including personalized profiles, universal search, voice remote and access to apps through the Google Play Store.
News categories: TELUS, Dwayne Benefield, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
TELUS working with Accenture on next-gen entertainment platform
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS (NYSE: TU) has teamed up with Accenture (NYSE: ACN) to launch a platform for TV and OTT content. Future plans for the platform include technologies such as 5G, IoT and intelligent automation.
News categories: Accenture, TELUS, Andrew Marchant, Amit Nag, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
3SS partners with TELUS to power Android TV service
Mar 7, 2023 – 3SS has partnered with TELUS to launch the next-generation of the TELUS entertainment service, based on Android TV. TELUS chose 3SS' 3Ready Product Framework to provide the customized UX.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, t4h, VANTIVA, TELUS, Brian Jentz, Greg Riker, Graça Candido, Mercedes Pastor, Tim Fell, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Telus adds 17,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2022
Feb 9, 2023 – TELUS Corporation has released results for the fourth quarter of 2022. In the quarter, the company added 17,000 TV customer connections to finish at more than 1.3 million, a growth of 4.7% over the year.
News categories: TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
Jan 19, 2023 – Roku has revealed results from a study examining Canadian TV streaming behaviours and trends. According to the report, 76% of Canadians are TV streamers and ad-supported TV is on the rise with 52% tuning in.
News categories: Roku, Christina Summers, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Initiative to further improve TV energy efficiency in N. America announced
Jan 6, 2023 – The CTA, with leading TV manufacturers, the NRDC and the ACEEE have announced a voluntary agreement aimed at significantly improving the energy efficiency of TVs sold in the United States and Canada.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NRDC, Douglas Johnson, Joe Vukovich, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
Dec 1, 2022 – Tulix and WiseDV are powering the Hollywire channel on Samsung TV Plus in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and Brazil. Channel origination is provided by WiseDV's cloud playout. Tulix's CDN is used for delivery.
News categories: Tulix, WiseDV, Hollywire, Nino Doijashvili, Brazil, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
Nov 28, 2022 – MediaKind has announced that Mediaroom Play is powering more TV services for viewers in Canada. Most recently, MediaKind worked with Bell Canada on the latest evolution of its Fibe TV service.
News categories: MediaKind, Bell Canada, Steve Payne, Android TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania