Canada Digital TV News
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
4 in 5 Canadians classify themselves as TV streamers
Oct 6, 2021 – TV streaming popularity continues to rise with 4 in 5 Canadians classifying themselves as TV streamers (versus 3 in 4 who pay for traditional TV), according to The Streaming Decade survey released by Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU).
News categories: Roku, Mirjam Laux, Christina Summers, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
Sep 23, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has expanded its Canadian TV advertising offering with the introduction of the OneView advertising platform. OneView enables ad campaigns across TV streaming, desktop, and mobile.
News categories: Roku, Matterkind, Christina Summers, Erin Rahn, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
Sep 17, 2021 – Panasonic has confirmed that Disney+ is now available on 4K Panasonic TVs, released from 2017 onwards, that feature its My Home Screen OS. On compatible TVs the Disney+ app icon will become visible in the Application view.
News categories: Panasonic, Disney+, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, New Zealand, Singapore, Smart TV, Streaming
Sportsnet, Firstlight Media and Deltatre relaunch SN NOW
Aug 5, 2021 – Sportsnet has partnered with Deltatre and Firstlight Media to relaunch sports streaming service, SN NOW, with next generation OTT features and a refreshed UI, on the Firstlight Media platform.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Deltatre, Sportsnet, Rogers Sports & Media, Microsoft, Andre Christensen, Alex Drosin, Bart Yabsley, Alfredo Tan, Kevin Peesker, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
CUJO AI reveals North American connected device usage patterns
Jun 2, 2021 – CUJO AI has released its annual device intelligence report. The report explores connected device usage patterns and trends based on data from more than 1 billion devices in the Unites States and Canada.
News categories: CUJO AI, Kimmo Kasslin, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, VR
Bell and Xandr create omni-channel DSP for advertisers in Canada
Apr 28, 2021 – Bell and Xandr have announced an omni-channel demand-side platform for Canadian advertisers. The Bell Media product, branded SAM DSP, will enable targeted campaigns using inventory over multiple platforms and channels.
News categories: Xandr, Bell Media, Mike Welch, Nauby Jacob, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV
Amino makes Android TV Operator Tier progress in North America
Mar 18, 2021 – Amino has announced that AW Broadband, Conway, Hay Communications and Home Telecom are among the 14 operators that have begun using Amino to launch services on the Android TV Operator Tier (ATOT) since January 2020.
News categories: Amino, Hay Communications, Conway, Home Telecom, AW Broadband, Donald McGarva, Kevin Gingerich, Jason Hansen, Caoimhe Zett, Matthew Carpenter, Android TV, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Rogers to acquire Shaw in $26 billion transaction
Mar 15, 2021 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have reached an agreement for Rogers to acquire all of Shaw’s issued and outstanding Class A and Class B shares in a transaction valued at around $26 billion.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, Joe Natale, Edward Rogers, Brad Shaw, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service