Canada Digital TV News
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
Jan 20, 2022 – Discovery and LG have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada, including LG's line-up of LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs. discovery+ is accessible on the LG webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Matthew Durgin, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
FuboTV paid subscribers at more than 1.1 million
Jan 10, 2022 – fuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) has announced preliminary Q4 2021 results. Paid subscribers at year-end are expected to exceed 1,100,000, up more than 100% year-over-year. Full year 2021 total revenue is expected to be $622-627 million.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Canada, Digital TV, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Opt2Me launches pay TV solution for local U.S. ISPs
Dec 9, 2021 – Shift 2 Stream has launched an end-to-end hybrid cloud Pay TV as-a-service platform optimized for rural and regional ISPs wanting to add Pay TV and video streaming services without the complexity of traditional IPTV systems.
News categories: Shift 2 Stream, Mirada, Steve Calzone, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Mirada targets USA, Canada & the Caribbean with Shift 2 Stream
Nov 17, 2021 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced a collaboration with Shift 2 Stream. Shift 2 Stream will become an official reseller of Mirada's products and services through the integration of Mirada's Iris technology into its new Opt2Me solution.
News categories: Mirada, Shift 2 Stream, José Luis Vázquez, Steve Calzone, Canada, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
fuboTV Inc. to acquire Molotov SAS
Nov 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has agreed to acquire France's Molotov SAS. The combined technology capabilities of the two companies will enable fuboTV to launch its streaming platform on a global scale.
News categories: fuboTV, Molotov, David Gandler, JeanDavid Blanc, Africa, Canada, Digital TV, France, MandA, Spain, Streaming, USA
One million subscribers for fuboTV
Nov 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021. Since the quarter ended, fuboTV has reached the milestone of one million total paid subscribers.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Edgar Bronfman Jr, Canada, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Peloton introduces 'Peloton Guide' TV fitness device
Nov 9, 2021 – Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON) has announced its first connected strength product, Peloton Guide. The AI-enabled device connects to televisions, providing Members with access to a suite of expert Instructors and the Peloton content library.
News categories: Peloton, Tom Cortese, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
IPTV subscribers up 31,641, satellite down 21,120 at BCE in 3Q 2021
Nov 4, 2021 – BCE (TSX: BCE; NYSE: BCE) has reported results for the third quarter of 2021. Bell TV added 31,641 net retail IPTV subscribers while retail satellite TV net subscriber losses were 21,120 in the quarter.
News categories: BCE, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
Oct 19, 2021 – TekSavvy and its affiliate, Hastings Cable Vision, have launched their TekSavvy TV product in select regions of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, PEI, and New Brunswick.
News categories: TekSavvy, Hastings Cable Vision, Marc Gaudrault, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope