Software (Media Players, Middleware, Browsers, Stacks, …) News
Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS 9.2 will start rolling out to Roku devices in the coming weeks. The software update focuses on getting customers to content quickly and adds new ways to control the home entertainment experience.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
Sep 16, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced plans to launch Amazon Prime Video on the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform, providing access to the entire Prime Video catalog, for Altice’s Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: Altice USA, Prime Video, Hakim Boubazine, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
Sep 16, 2019 – NEOTION has announced the renewal of its cooperation with Irdeto. The partnership will focus on CI+ 1.4 CAM, with NEOTION providing in-depth experience, increased performance and in-house skills combined with investment in modern machines and fully automated processes.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, Nathalie BRESSON, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
Sep 14, 2019 – Skyworth has expanded its partnership with SERAPHIC by adopting SERAPHIC’s Sraf Android HbbTV solution to launch Android TV based smart TVs in Europe. Sraf Android HbbTV meets HbbTV 2 specification requirements across the region.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth, Xinwen Xue, Zhilong Hou, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBC2019, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
Sep 14, 2019 – At IBC2019, WIZTIVI continues its partnership with SERAPHIC. The cooperation leverages WIZTIVI's expertise in multiscreen UI design and development and SERAPHIC’s experience in OpApp solution deployment.
News categories: SERAPHIC, WIZTIVI, Xinwen Xue, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Smart TV, UX
Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
Sep 14, 2019 – Witbe has been selected by Turkcell to automate the analysis and testing of their main end-user digital services such as BiP, TV+, Fizy and many others. Witbe will also cover the automation testing of Turkcell's own and third party set-top-boxes.
News categories: Witbe, Turkcell, Mathieu Planche, Elif Yenihan Kaya, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Turkey, UX
Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
Sep 14, 2019 – ALPHA NETWORKS has announced that Bouygues Telecom has added Start-over to its Bbox service, initially on 55 channels. The functionality is made possible thanks to Accurate EPG, a module in Alpha Networks’ tucanoRED back-end.
News categories: ALPHA NETWORKS, Bouygues Telecom, David le Dantec, Eric Laurent, Content Distribution, France, UX
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos