Social TV / Social Networking News
Wyplay integrates Sceenic co-watching solution for TV operators
Jan 4, 2022 – Wyplay and Sceenic have partnered to bring co-watching solutions to TV operators. Wyplay has integrated Sceenic's Watch Together technology into its solutions for mobiles and Android TV, RDK or Linux set-top boxes.
News categories: Wyplay, Sceenic, Dominique Feral, Eric Kearley, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Social TV, UX, Worldwide
Social presence and engagement key to streaming growth
Dec 7, 2021 – Roughly 80% of social engagement for streaming platforms comes from Instagram, with TikTok close behind thanks to accounts like Netflix growing by more than a million followers each month in 2021, according to a report from Conviva.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Social TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wyplay launches blockchain video delivery solution for TV operators
Nov 10, 2021 – Wyplay has launched COMMUNITY by Wyplay, a blockchain video delivery solution. COMMUNITY by Wyplay builds a bridge between traditional pay TV and the world of blockchain, crypto and NFTs.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Social TV, Worldwide
VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
Mar 4, 2021 – VisualOn has announced the launch of VisualOn WatchParty, a co-watching solution that combines video viewing and socializing in an advanced, easy-to-deploy package.
News categories: VisualOn, Yang Cai, Media Player, Social TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Kast watch party app adds live-engagement for co-viewing
Aug 25, 2020 – Kast has launched Kast TV, an addition to its watch party app that includes visual live-engagement for co-viewing. Kasters are able to talk, hear, and see each other simultaneously as they watch their selected content.
News categories: Kast, Mark Ollila, Digital TV, Social TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
Jul 28, 2020 – According to Omdia, linear TV accounted for 63% of TV viewing in the U.S. in 2019, compared to 16% for long-form viewing and 12% for PVR time-shifted TV. The fastest-growing segment of the non-linear video market was social media.
News categories: Omdia, Rob Moyser, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Social TV, USA
Minerva acquires Live TV social platform, TOK.tv
Sep 3, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced the acquisition of TOK.tv. TOK.tv, whose mission is to allow people to 'never watch sports alone', enables millions of soccer fans to enjoy their favorite games while interacting with friends.
News categories: Minerva Networks, TOK.tv, Mauro Bonomi, Fabrizio Capobianco, Digital TV, MandA, Social TV, Worldwide
Hisense launches interactive Social TV set in China
Aug 20, 2019 – Hisense has launched its Social TV with Hi Table interactive system in China. Social TV with Hi Table features six-party video chat and cinema sharing to allow real-time chat with family and friends when they are watching TV shows and sports matches together.
News categories: Hisense, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Social TV
Samba TV measures effectiveness of Twitter in driving TV tune-in
Mar 28, 2019 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Twitter to measure the effectiveness of Twitter in driving tune-in. In a beta trial, Samba found an average lift of 28% in Verified Tune-in Rate (VTR) for the measured premiere episodes.
News categories: Samba TV, Twitter, Ashwin Navin, Tim Perzyk, Inna Kern, Michael Engleman, Big Data, Digital TV, Social TV, USA
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader