VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solutionThursday, March 4th, 2021
VisualOn Launches WatchParty to Breakthrough Limitations of Existing Co-Watching Solutions
- VisualOn WatchParty™ Offers Total Synchronization of Video Chat, Text Chat and Audio with Live and VOD Content for a Superior Experience
SAN JOSE, Calif. — VisualOn Inc., a streaming solutions provider that optimizes viewers streaming video experience, today announced the launch of VisualOn WatchParty™, the co-watching solution that combines video viewing and socializing in an advanced, easy-to-deploy package. Streaming video providers are able to offer new ways for subscribers to consume and engage with content with a solution that offers the full breadth of co-watching features across multiple platforms.
“We developed our WatchParty solution to respond to customer demand, and are excited to be able to bring new levels of functionality to the co-watching experience,” said Yang Cai, President & CEO at VisualOn. “Furthermore, it provides another way for operators to see returns on their 5G investments by leveraging its high bandwidth throughput.”
VisualOn WatchParty includes standard features to enable a co-watch experience, such as real-time text, audio and video chat with flexible room management and private group options. Highlights of more advanced features include:
- Echo cancellation – a unique approach that resolves any noise issues when using multiple viewer speakers in real-time.
- Precise auto synchronization – an advanced technique that ensures video, audio and interactions are accurately synchronized without delays.
- Multiple platform support – iOS, Android and HTML5 platform for LIVE and VoD content.
An additional advantage for service providers is that WatchParty can be integrated with VisualOn Analytics, as well as third-party analytics tools, to better understand viewer behavior.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023