Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptionsMonday, March 8th, 2021
Latin America will have 116 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026; up from the 53 million recorded at end-2020.
Brazil will contribute 44 million to the 2026 total, followed by Mexico with 29 million.
Source: Digital TV Research
Simon Murray, Principal Analyst at Digital TV Research, said: “There will be a wave of major SVOD platform launches in Latin America during 2021. Paramount+ will start in March, followed by HBO Max and Star+ in June. Discovery+ is also expected expand in the region.”
Five US-based platforms [Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV+ and HBO] will account for 90% of the region’s paying SVOD subscriptions by end-2026.
Links: Digital TV Research
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement