IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) News
Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
Sep 26, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers across 138 countries will reach 1.03 billion by 2027; slightly up on 2021 as pay TV continues to grow in developing countries.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
Sep 22, 2022 – Sky New Zealand has revealed its Sky Pod, an IP-only replacement option for the soon-to-close VodafoneTV service. It also announced additional details of its new hybrid Sky Box.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Digital TV, IPTV, New Zealand, Set Top Box
Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
Sep 14, 2022 – Tring has chosen SmartLabs' multiscreen solution. The solution is built on SmartLabs' SmartTUBE TV service management platform, SmartMEDIA content delivery system, and SmartCARE analytics engine.
News categories: SmartLabs, Tring, Gary Hamer, Armand Selimaj, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
Sep 21, 2022 – Air Broadband has added a Netgem TV add-on option to all of its fibre broadband services. Netgem Tv includes over 200 channels, including 100 extra HD channels on top of Freeview, and 60,000+ hours of on demand content.
News categories: Netgem, Air Broadband, Aziz Laouir, Andrew Glover, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
Sep 16, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), together with Turk Telekom, has deployed the largest IPTV/OTT platform in Turkey. The new platform adopts an integrated video platform architecture.
News categories: ZTE, Turk Telekom, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
ocilion selects Agama for head-end assurance & analytics
Sep 6, 2022 – ocilion has selected Agama's Head-End assurance and analytics solution to ensure the delivery of an outstanding streaming experience. The Head-End Analyzer provides real-time insights on video service quality and the viewer experience.
News categories: Agama, ocilion, Mikael Dahlgren, Hans Kühberger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, QoE
KAON, 3SS and Green Streams create end-to-end IPTV solution
Sep 5, 2022 – KAON, 3SS and Green Streams have announced the launch of a joint IPTV/OTT service platform. The pre-integrated end-to-end platform enables the delivery of super-aggregated video services based on Android TV.
News categories: 3SS, Green Streams, KAON, Pierre Donath, Gernot Jaeger, Thomas Staneker, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HT Eronet chooses IPTV/OTT platform from UniqCast
Sep 6, 2022 – HT Eronet has upgraded its video streaming service with an IPTV / OTT platform from UniqCast. One of the important requirements was an Android-based STB solution, to offer a variety of apps as well as a premium UX for users.
News categories: UniqCast, HT Eronet, Darko Robič, Damir Oršolić, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
SWEET TV selects STBs from inext for Ukraine OTT service
Sep 2, 2022 – SWEET TV has selected set-top boxes (STBs) from inext. The partnership started in 2017 when SWEET TV's management contacted ROMSAT, the distributor of inext STBs in Ukraine, to develop a joint product.
News categories: inext, ROMSAT, Sweet TV, Pavel Sidorov, Maksym Schygol, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Ukraine
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite