IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) News
NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
May 3, 2022 – NOS has releases results for the first quarter of 2022. Fixed access pay TV continued to grow with nine thousand net adds in 1Q22 more than offsetting the decline in lower revenue legacy DTH services.
News categories: NOS, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Türk Telekom TV Home subscribers flat at 1.5 million in 1Q 2022
Apr 27, 2022 – Türk Telekom has released results for the first quarter of 2022. Over the quarter total TV subscribers (IPTV, DTH and Tivibu GO) were stable at 2.9 million, with Tivibu Home subscribers (IPTV and DTH) remaining unchanged at 1.5 million.
News categories: Türk Telekom, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, Turkey
Thüringer Netkom chooses IPTV solution from ocilion
May 4, 2022 – Thüringer Netkom has opted for the cloud solution from ocilion. Its users will benefit from 4K set-top boxes, apps for iOS and Android, convenience functions (replay, restart, pause/play, recordings), and integrated video and media libraries.
News categories: ocilion, Thüringer Netkom, Hans Kühberger, Hendrik Westendorff, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Telia releases January-March 2022 results
Apr 27, 2022 – Telia Company has releases its Interim Report for January-March 2022. Across the Group, TV subscriptions were 3.373 million at period end, down 4,000 in the quarter and up 127,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Telia Company, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
Oi to transfer DTH subscribers and IPTV infrastructure to SKY Brasil
Apr 28, 2022 – Oi S.A. has executed a term sheet with SKY Serviços de Banda Larga (SKY) to transfer its DTH postpaid customer base and the use of its IPTV infrastructure and associated services to SKY, under a revenue sharing agreement.
News categories: Oi S.A., SKY Serviços, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
Orange TV subscribers down 66,000 in 1Q 2022
Apr 26, 2022 – Orange has provided first quarter 2022 financial information to 31 March 2022. The company finished the quarter with 11.701 million IPTV and satellite customers, down 66,000 in the quarter and up 1.264 million year-on-year.
News categories: Orange, Belgium, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Luxembourg, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
Virgin Media O2 launches broadband streaming box
Apr 26, 2022 – Virgin Media O2 has unveiled Stream from Virgin Media, a way for its customers to bring together their favourite TV channels, video apps and streaming subscriptions all in one place via a small box powered entirely by the company's broadband.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 78,000 in 1Q 2022
Apr 22, 2022 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported first-quarter 2022 results. Consumer reported 55,000 Fios Internet net additions and 78,000 Fios Video net losses in the quarter.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Orange Belgium deploys MediaKind VSPP and Encoding Live solutions
Apr 19, 2022 – MediaKind has announced that it has been selected by Orange Belgium to provide enriched consumer experiences to its subscribers across a range of devices, from mobiles, TV decoder and tablets to main television screens.
News categories: MediaKind, Orange Belgium, Damien Montessuit, Thomas Parvais, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report