IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) News
SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
May 30, 2023 – SoftAtHome has been chosen by 'etisalat by e&' to deliver the smart eLife set-top box and backend software to enable Alexa voice control features in Arabic and English.
News categories: SoftAtHome, etisalat, David Viret-Lange, Khaled El Khouly, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UAE
Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
May 25, 2023 – Singtel has announced results for its financial year ended 31 March 2023. Singtel finished the year with 322,000 residential TV customers, down 6,000 in the quarter and down 34,000 YoY.
News categories: Singtel, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
Netgem releases trading update
May 25, 2023 – Netgem has released a trading update. The total number of subscribers to the Group's services amounted to 609,000 at the end of April 2023, a growth rate of more than 30% over 12 months.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
May 24, 2023 – According to GlobalData, pay-TV revenue in South Korea is set to grow at a CAGR of 0.2% from $5.55bn in 2022 to $5.6bn in 2027, primarily supported by increasing IPTV subscriptions.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
May 24, 2023 – Chopin Cable Television has selected the NAGRA OpenTV Video Platform to power its new streaming proposition. Chopin will also wholesale the service to other mid-sized operators across Poland.
News categories: NAGRA, Chopin, Olivier Met, Bogdan Laga, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, UX
Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform
May 19, 2023 – Beenius has sold its assets to Net Solution, paving the way for Net Solution to expand its capabilities in the IPTV, OTT and DVB Hybrid services sector with robust TV content solutions.
News categories: Beenius, Filip Remškar, Jasmin Zulčić, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Multiplay service revenue in India to grow at 4.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
May 22, 2023 – Multiplay service revenue in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% between 2022 and 2027 in line with the rising adoption of service bundles, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
Türk Telekom TV Home subscribers down 15k in 1Q 2023
May 8, 2023 – Türk Telekom Group has announced results for the first quarter of 2023. In the quarter, the company's TV Home base trended down to 1.447 million from 1.462 million subscribers, a net subscriber loss of 15,000.
News categories: Türk Telekom, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, Turkey
willy.tel and wilhelm.tel select ocilion's IPTV solution
May 17, 2023 – willy.tel and wilhelm.tel have expanded their existing TV offering for the Hamburg metropolitan region with IPTV products based on ocilion's white-labeled cloud solution.
News categories: ocilion, willy.tel, wilhelm.tel, Hans Kühberger, Bernd Thielk, Arne Mietzner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max