IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) News
Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
Jan 26, 2023 – Breezeline has launched Breezeline Stream TV in its Columbus and Cleveland service areas in Ohio. Breezeline Stream TV is a cloud-based TV service integrating live TV and DVR with on demand and streaming apps.
News categories: Breezeline, Heather McCallion, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
Jan 24, 2023 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported fourth-quarter 2022 results. Consumer reported 56,000 Fios Internet net additions and 80,000 Fios Video net losses in the quarter.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
Jan 23, 2023 – KPN has launched KPN TV+ in the Netherlands. With KPN TV+, live TV and streaming apps come together on one screen, making it easy for viewers to zap between TV channels and Netflix, Disney+ or Videoland.
News categories: KPN, Jochem de Jong, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands
MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
Jan 23, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers in the MENA region will increase from 17.32 million in 2022 to 19.20 million in 2028, with legitimate pay TV penetration remaining at only 19%.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Terrestrial
TiVo Managed IPTV Service gains Amino set-top box support
Jan 5, 2023 – Amino has integrated its Android TV operator tier set-top box with the TiVo Managed IPTV Service (formerly MobiTV) providing a managed device alternative in support of TiVo's North American customers.
News categories: Amino, TiVo, Donald McGarva, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
Swisscom migrates to Verimatrix VCAS in the Cloud
Jan 4, 2023 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that Swisscom has adopted the full SaaS version of its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS), migrating from on-premises security to cloud-based anti-piracy.
News categories: Verimatrix, Swisscom, Andrew Bear, Marco Lötscher, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
Portugal pay-TV subscribers up 3.1% Y-o-Y in 3Q 2022
Jan 6, 2023 – According to Anacom, in the 3rd quarter of 2022 4.5 million people in Portugal were pay-TV subscribers, 134 thousand (3.1%) more than in the same period of 2021. MEO held the highest share at 41%.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Ampersand automates addressable TV functionality for buyers
Jan 4, 2023 – Ampersand has added automated addressable TV functionality to streamline workflow between buyers and sellers within a footprint that includes Charter Communications, Comcast, Cox, Altice and Verizon.
News categories: Ampersand, Kalyan Lanka, Laura McElhinney, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Pay-TV revenue in Thailand to grow at a 4.2% CAGR over 2022-2027
Dec 27, 2022 – Pay-TV revenue in Thailand is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% from $752 million in 2022 to $922 million in 2027, driven primarily by an increase in IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Thailand
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership