Europe Digital TV News
UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
Sep 27, 2022 – UK entertainment and media companies are holding their nerve despite the worsening economic outlook, and putting their trust in their digital investment strategies, according to a report from PwC.
News categories: PwC, Dan Bunyan, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
Sep 27, 2022 – Sky has announced the launch of Sky Stream, providing entertainment streamed to any TV over Wi-Fi, with no dish or installation required. Sky Stream brings the Sky Glass UI and experience to more people.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Streaming dominates UK television landscape
Sep 23, 2022 – Streaming is more popular than ever among all age groups, reaching 73% of Brits, according to research by The Trade Desk. The rise of streaming in the UK is driven by viewers in the 18- to 34-year-old age group.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Dave Castell, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
Sep 14, 2022 – Tring has chosen SmartLabs' multiscreen solution. The solution is built on SmartLabs' SmartTUBE TV service management platform, SmartMEDIA content delivery system, and SmartCARE analytics engine.
News categories: SmartLabs, Tring, Gary Hamer, Armand Selimaj, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
Sep 21, 2022 – DTG Testing has announced that TP Vision is the official launch partner for the DTG DVB-I Test Suite. The two organisations have worked closely to validate the reference metadata covering all endpoints of the DVB-I specification.
News categories: DTG, TP Vision, Ranjeet Kaur, Elie Bonte, Broadcast, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
Sep 21, 2022 – Air Broadband has added a Netgem TV add-on option to all of its fibre broadband services. Netgem Tv includes over 200 channels, including 100 extra HD channels on top of Freeview, and 60,000+ hours of on demand content.
News categories: Netgem, Air Broadband, Aziz Laouir, Andrew Glover, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
Sep 19, 2022 – Endemol France is using the OKAST Channels solution. OKAST Channels is a playout, transcoding, and ad insertion solution that allows Endemol to create, launch, distribute and monetize FAST channels in a few weeks.
News categories: OKAST, Endemol, Cédric Monnier, Jean-François Rubinstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
Sep 15, 2022 – The European Commission has presented a proposal for a Cyber Resilience Act. It introduces mandatory cybersecurity requirements for products with digital elements, throughout their whole lifecycle.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, Hardware, Regulation, Software
Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
Sep 16, 2022 – Vestel has announced the launch of its 97XX series of 4K UHD set-top boxes. The series was created to deliver a home entertainment experience from within an ultra-compact, minimalist design.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite