Europe Digital TV News
European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
Jul 12, 2019 – According to Dataxis, the European pay TV market is expected to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023, reaching 230 million subscribers at the end of the period. The growth will be driven by IPTV and OTT.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
Jul 9, 2019 – Appear TV has announced that Dplay is expanding their OTT solution from Appear and NEP Norway with dynamic ad insertion. Dynamic ad insertion functionality was initially launched in May for select channels in the Nordic region.
News categories: Appear TV, Dplay, NEP Norway, Naser N. Haify, Peder O. Krogh, Timothée Thirouin, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn
Jul 9, 2019 – 3SS has announced that it has been chosen to provide development, engineering and integration for Joyn, the entertainment streaming service co-owned by ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery. Joyn features Germany’s biggest range of free-TV content.
News categories: 3SS, Joyn, Kai-Christian Borchers, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UX
Enhanced TV experience rolled out at GO TV in Malta
Jul 5, 2019 – GO has kicked off the first phase of a TV migration exercise which will see customers wake up to an enhanced TV user experience. Enhancement starts with a new TV home screen featuring a more user-friendly layout which is predominantly image driven.
News categories: GO p.l.c, Nikhil Patil, Chris Attard, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UX
Sky Media launches Sky Analytics
Jul 4, 2019 – Sky Media is on a journey to make Sky Analytics the one-stop portal for Sky Media campaigns. Starting with AdSmart and On Demand, media and advertising agencies and advertisers can use Sky Analytics to access and control advertising campaigns.
News categories: Sky Media, Stefan Jansen, Tom Vickers, Ian Waddington, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland, UK
Ofcom publishes 2019 Communications Market Report
Jul 4, 2019 – Ofcom has published its Communications Market Report (CMR), which provides data on industry trends and consumer behaviour in the UK’s telecoms, broadcasting, post and digital markets.
News categories: Ofcom, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
3.5 million active smartcards for Tivùsat
Jul 3, 2019 – Tivùsat has announced that, as it celebrates ten years of operation, it now has 3.5 million active smartcards with the average number of viewers accessing the service each day put at 4.5 million.
News categories: Tivùsat, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
Google leads European Smart Home market in 1Q19
Jul 1, 2019 – In the first quarter of this year, the smart home market in Europe grew 23.9%, reaching 21.3 million units shipped to the region, according to IDC. Video entertainment devices shipped 12.7 million units in 1Q19, increasing 11.2% annually.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
EE unveils broadband plans that include Apple TV 4K
Jun 27, 2019 – EE has announced a range of EE Home Broadband plans that include Apple TV 4K and access to BT Sport. With Apple TV 4K, customers can easily access TV shows and movies through the Apple TV app and by using Siri, as well as enjoy thousands of other apps.
News categories: EE, Apple, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier
- WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
- Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
- Comscore announces launch of Video Metrix Multi-Platform in Malaysia
- ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn