Europe Digital TV News
Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
Sep 26, 2023 – Pixalate has released its H1 2023 EMEA Connected TV (CTV) Ad Supply Chain Report, an analysis of open programmatic CTV advertising through the first half of 2023 in the EMEA region.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
Sep 25, 2023 – The District Court of Munich has ruled that Netflix is infringing a Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) patent related to HEVC/H.265 video coding. The court has issued a cease-and-desist injunction.
News categories: Broadcom, Netflix, Mark Terrano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Patent, Semiconductor
TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
Sep 25, 2023 – With the support of Qvest's expertise in systems integration and project management, TV Monaco has started operation as the first public TV station in the city-state.
News categories: Qvest, TVMonaco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Monaco
Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
Sep 20, 2023 – Barb has upgraded its API to include all data available in its panel viewing file, including non-linear viewing on BVOD, SVOD and video-sharing services plus viewing on PCs, tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Barb, Jim Jarrett, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
Sep 18, 2023 – According to Mediavision, as many as 75% of the Nordic households now have a TV set connected to the internet, with 70% of households having a paid streaming service.
News categories: Mediavision, Fredrik Liljeqvist, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
Sep 11, 2023 – TVMonaco has chosen the OKAST streaming platform to provide a multiscreen OTT experience, as well as multiple channels for monetization and activation, content management, and rights management.
News categories: OKAST, TVMonaco, Cédric Monnier, Nathalie Biancolli, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Monaco, Streaming
DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
Sep 16, 2023 – MainStreaming has announced the continued expansion of the DAZN Edge platform in DAZN’s core European markets. DAZN Edge is built with MainStreaming's proprietary Video Edge technology.
News categories: MainStreaming, DAZN, Antonio Corrado, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
Sep 18, 2023 – Britain's broadcasters are developing a free TV service that will deliver live TV over broadband. Set for launch in 2024, the Freely service will be built-in to the next generation of smart TVs.
News categories: Everyone TV, Jonathan Thompson, Tim Davie, Dame Carolyn McCall, Alex Mahon, Maria Kyriacou, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
wedotv launches FAST services on satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 15, 2023 – wedotv is expanding its distribution with the launch of FAST channels for Italy on Eutelsat satellites at 13°E. Viewers with a connected TV will also be able to watch via an HbbTV App.
News categories: Eutelsat, wedotv, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data